Skip to main content
World Card Making Day SALE! Take 15% off the regular price of everything, or 20% off orders $100+ with codeWCMD
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

White Gel Pens - Gelly Roll for the Win!
I have such a collection of white gel pens and when I needed to address 50 black envelopes for Maddie's party not one of them worked, except the Gelly Roll. Not the Pentel Milky Pop, nor the pack of Artezas that I have, not even my Uniball Signo worked. I tried the things I found online that they say to do to get them started again but none of them would work. But my Gelly Roll, which I have had for the longest amount of time, worked right from the start. I have no luck with gel pens whatsoever, I have thrown out so many of them over the years. They just don't work after a while. But my Gelly Rolls always seem to work. I was really surprised at the Signo. And the Artezas, which I bought that pack probably no more than 6 months ago. But my Gelly Rolls I have had for years! Why can't other companies figure this out?!

If anyone has found a way to get gel pens to work again I would love to know what you do!
1 user liked this post:
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

Helen W.

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: White Gel Pens - Gelly Roll for the Win!
I agree, they're amazing! But now I need to go and test my other white pens. Eek!
1 user liked this post:
ImageImageImageImage
Image
User avatar

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: White Gel Pens - Gelly Roll for the Win!
I also love the Gelly Roll white pens!!!  💕
1 user liked this post:
- joannie

  Image Image ImageImageImage
User avatar

FoxyStamping

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: White Gel Pens - Gelly Roll for the Win!
I can totally relate to your post!

I like the Gelli Roll white gels the best.  But, I am always buying a new one, because when I go to use one, it no longer works.  I do not know what it is that makes white gel pens have such a short life span! LOL
2 users liked this post:
Sharon
Blog: Foxy Stamping
  Image                    Image            
User avatar

suewho372

Wild Cherry

Re: White Gel Pens - Gelly Roll for the Win!
:rolleyes: I love mine too! I have to say I haven’t even purchased any of the other gel pens in white ! 
I have found some great gel glitter pens though lol 
1 user liked this post:
Susan
Image

                     
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: White Gel Pens - Gelly Roll for the Win!
They are truly the best  😊
1 user liked this post:
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: White Gel Pens - Gelly Roll for the Win!
I don't use the white gel pens often and every one that I have purchased in the past, never worked when I was ready to use it.  It is frustrating.  I have a gold Gelly Roll that I like so maybe I will try the white also.
1 user liked this post:
    ImageImage
User avatar

Birgit55~Chickadee

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: White Gel Pens - Gelly Roll for the Win!
I have three different nib sizes in white from Gelly Roll.  I've had them for a few years and are still working well.  I've tossed a few random gel pens in my days as well but these Gelly Roll work well.  Thankful that they've figured out the secret to making a good product. 
1 user liked this post:
User avatar

stinkerbelle

Cherry Cola

Re: White Gel Pens - Gelly Roll for the Win!
i totally agree! i rarely if ever have trouble with my white gelly roll but also can't make the arteza work and always had mixed results with my uniball signo back in the day.  definitely sticking with the gelly roll--the easiest to find and least expensive  :crazy:
1 user liked this post:
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: White Gel Pens - Gelly Roll for the Win!
I absolutely agree! Gelly Roll pens WIN!
1 user liked this post:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

Jolly Holly Scraps

Cherry Cropper

Re: White Gel Pens - Gelly Roll for the Win!
Yessssss!!! These are my go-to for white pens!! 😊 I LOVE THAT so MANY of you agree! 😂 It REALLY delights me that we have THIS in common!!!
1 user liked this post:
User avatar

lisn2cats

Cherry Bomb

Re: White Gel Pens - Gelly Roll for the Win!
Love all my Gelly Roll pens though the Signo white used to be my go-to until it made me too frustrated to mess with to get them going again.

Even the Gelly Rolls occasionally hiccup. Though many hacks include sticking the pen in boiling water, oven, heat tool, I read that they damage the plastic ink tube thing. If the tip is clogged, soaking overnight in warm water and running the pen over a textured surface (I use cardboard) can get the ink going. But, a lot of times it's a trapped air bubble. If this is the case, I found submerging the ink part water in a warm place (like on a heater or in the warm sun) for a couple of days works. I also read, though I haven't tried it, spinning the ink part in a salad spinner really fast might work. 
 
1 user liked this post:
Image  ImageImage
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: White Gel Pens - Gelly Roll for the Win!
Lisn2cats wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:18 pm
Love all my Gelly Roll pens though the Signo white used to be my go-to until it made me too frustrated to mess with to get them going again.

Even the Gelly Rolls occasionally hiccup. Though many hacks include sticking the pen in boiling water, oven, heat tool, I read that they damage the plastic ink tube thing. If the tip is clogged, soaking overnight in warm water and running the pen over a textured surface (I use cardboard) can get the ink going. But, a lot of times it's a trapped air bubble. If this is the case, I found submerging the ink part water in a warm place (like on a heater or in the warm sun) for a couple of days works. I also read, though I haven't tried it, spinning the ink part in a salad spinner really fast might work. 
Anything I have ever tried never worked. I will have to try the "warm heater or sun for a few days" idea to see it it works. Thanks for the idea. I also read that scribbling on paper over and over can just make the problem worse as tiny bits of paper just clog it more.
 
Image

Image Image Image  

 
Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee