Birthday - May 14, 1952
Who I am. . . .
I am a crafter, but scrapbooking is my love. Even all those crocheted afghans will wear down, hopefully my legacy will be leaving my photos in albums for many years after I'm gone. I am the mom of the best son (don't we all say that?) who has more education than I do - he's now finished his masters in IT business from Penn State, and has a bachelor's from Long Island University/Southampton in Psychobiology and Marine biology. I am an X-ray technician but am now retired from that as well as retired from the PA gov't in Child Support since the spring of 2018.
How long scrapping: 1995
I am a paper scrapper but do know how to do digital/hybrid.
Sizes: 12x12's except for "Journal Your Christmas" each year
Favorite Subject: heritage
Favorite Themes: family
1. Paper, Digital or Hybrid - PAPER
2. What size layouts do you normally scrap? 12x12, 8.5x11, 8x8, other? What type of album? Postbound, 3/D-ring, strap hinge - other? A little of everything, but motly 12x12 3/D
3. Do you do Project Life? No, but use the cards
4. Do you rubber stamp? More than I used to, but still not much
5. Do you make altered items? If so, what kind? Yes, a lot of KaiserCraft projects, or Christmas and other holiday decor. LOVE birdhouses for my tree.
6. Do you make cards? I make more than I used to, but ALWAYS make my Christmas cards
7. Favorite Colors to scrap with? teal and orange s and yellows
8. Favorite Companies/Designers? Graphic 45, Bo Bunny, and any pages that can be cut apart, or fussy cut
9. Favorite Subject/Theme to scrap? Kids, vacations, holidays, everyday?? My son's photos (grown - over40 yo), pets, and holidays
10. Favorite Products? Ribbon, patterned paper? Flowers? Brads? Brads, patterned paper', and Bazzil cardstock, cut apart sheets
11. Is there anything you won't use? Eyelets? Vintage? I use no adhesive EXCEPT for Scrappy Glue. Oh, and I use vellum tape. Not much use for child stuff anymore
12. Least Favorite Companies/Designers? Can't really think of one I won't use except Creative Memories, although I'll use some of their stickers but not that style!!!
13. Least Favorite Subject to Scrap? Sports
14. Colors you normally don't use? anything bordering on neon.
15. Do you handwrite journaling? Computer journal? Both - computer journal if the story is long, hand journal for everything else
16. What type of adhesive do you use most? Is there any you won't use? See #11. I don't use any tape rollers. I do like dimensional foam, and the red tape.
17. Do you have a "big box" (Michael's, Hobby Lobby, AC Moore, JoAnn's, Archivers) close by? Yes to all but Archivers (are they still in business??)
18. Are there items that you love that ACOT doesn't carry? Scrappy glue that they order intermittently, but I can get a JoAnn's Update:. Clint orders it now!!
19. Do you have any "tools" - Cricut, Silhouette, Slice, Sizzix? Bind It All? Sew Easy? A Cricut and a Scan and Cut that's not plugged in, never used. I HAVE to get it unpacked!!
20. What is something that you would like to try but haven't? Nothing, really, except the Scan and Cut
21. Do you use glitter? Only glitter tape. The other is too messy. I don't like messy projects.
22. Do you use bling? YEP!
23. Do you use washi tape? Yes, but don't have a lot
24. Do you incorporate mixed media into your scrapping? If so, what are some items you like? Gelatos, water colors, ephemera
25. If you have a die cut machine, what dies do you use? Thins? Tim Holtz, etc? I have a Sizzix, and use anything that can be used more than once - butterflies, flowers, NOT letters though, holiday images.
26. Do you use stencils? Yes, I push my self because I like the look with the mists.
27. What type of trimmer do you use? Fiskars
28. Do you use embossing folders? Not really. I have some, but haven't used them on much
29. Do you heat emboss? Not[b] really, I know how, but it's messy and a lot of digging out for one or two things.[/b]