Skip to main content
Just landed Fresh arrivals this week : Amber Ledgers, Pinkfresh Festive Fun, Honey Bee Acorn & Ember, and more! Shop New →
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

August 2026 Pet Challenge - WINNER
Y'all really did a fantastic job with the grids and thinking outside the box. The lucky winner via Random.org is #9 KristinG! Congrats Kristin!! I'll be purchasing your gc shortly.

Thank you all who participated!

**********************************************************

Hello cherries. This month, we're scrapping our pets using a GRID. But not just any basic grid with only paper. I'd like you to make your grid different. You can use washi tape, or twine, or even ribbon. You can use stitching, or stamping. You could even use a different shape other than square. Think circles, hearts, hexagons, etc. 

I've been out of town every weekend for the past 3 weekends, so I don't have a current example, but I do have older samples.

This one uses twine to create my grid as well as tilting it:

Image

Blocked off the grid using 2 different kinds of washi tape:

Image

Another one using washi tapes - 2 different widths:

Image

More washi tape:

Image

This one uses circles to create my grid (instead of squares)

Image

These are only examples, so hopefully these give you ideas on making your own different grid.

Here are those rules:
1. Scrap those pets using a GRID. Be unique with your grid. You can create the grid using washi tape, or twine, or die cuts using shapes other than the usual square. Possibilities are endless.
2. Layouts Only (traditional paper, hybrid, TN, digi)
3. You may do this challenge up to THREE times.
4. You may combine this challenge with any other challenge that allows combining. This includes the 100 Papers and Prompt Challenges. You CANNOT combine with any of the MMC Challenges.
5. Due August 31st
6. ONE lucky winner will receive a $5 ACOT gc. 

If you have any questions, just ask!

Participating Cherries:

1.  Sharmankp/Sharman
2.  Scraplifter
3.  wendycrowe/Wendy
4.  PEIhaven
5.  lisn2cats/Lis
6.  PEIhaven
7.  joannie/Joannie
8.  Retiree3/Donna
9.  KristinG/Kristin
10. PEIhaven
11. GayleChurches/Gayle
 
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: August 2026 Pet Challenge
Fun idea and all of the LOs are awesome.  I have an idea and hope to do it.
1 user liked this post:
    ImageImage
User avatar

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Re: August 2026 Pet Challenge
Oh this will be fun!!  
1 user liked this post:
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: August 2026 Pet Challenge
Your examples are all so cute! Great challenge!
1 user liked this post:
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

Sharman Paulus .

Cherry Bing

Re: August 2026 Pet Challenge
Image
2 users liked this post:
User avatar

Scraplifter

Cherry Blossom

Re: August 2026 Pet Challenge
My grid got a little busy with all the layers, but it worked perfect with the pics of DD and her sweet pups.


Image
1 user liked this post:
User avatar

wendycrowe

Cherry Bomb

Re: August 2026 Pet Challenge
Here is my page:

Image
3 users liked this post:
ImageImage
User avatar

PEIhaven

Cherry Picker

Re: August 2026 Pet Challenge
For my first entry I used a Toddler Time Washi sheet to form the grid.  I do hope to get a couple more done!Image
1 user liked this post:
User avatar

lisn2cats

Cherry Bomb

Re: August 2026 Pet Challenge
My Gremlin (1998)
Image
2 users liked this post:
Image  ImageImage
User avatar

PEIhaven

Cherry Picker

Re: August 2026 Pet Challenge
Here’s my second entry; thanks!Image
1 user liked this post:
User avatar

PEIhaven

Cherry Picker

Re: August 2026 Pet Challenge
I Forgot to note that I used thin strips of Washi tape.😊
User avatar

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: August 2026 Pet Challenge
Image 
I handsewn the inside grid lines.
2 users liked this post:
- joannie

  Image Image ImageImageImage
User avatar

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

Re: August 2026 Pet Challenge
Image
3 users liked this post:
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]




 
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: August 2026 Pet Challenge
A layout about my niece's pet bearded dragon and me being on babysitting duty.  The side got a little cut off but loved making the grid design. 

Image
1 user liked this post:
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

PEIhaven

Cherry Picker

Re: August 2026 Pet Challenge
I used ribbon & Washi tape for my 3rd entry.  Thanks!Image
User avatar

GayleChurches

Cherry Berry

Re: August 2026 Pet Challenge
Image
ImageImageImage
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: August 2026 Pet Challenge
winner in op
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: August 2026 Pet Challenge - WINNER
Doh!  I actually paper scrapped, uploaded my layout, and I guess I forgot to put it here!  lol. It was a fun challenge, anyway. :)

Image
1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

blfonty

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: August 2026 Pet Challenge - WINNER
WTG KristinG! Congrats Kristin!
1 user liked this post:
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Image.  Image.  Image  
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: August 2026 Pet Challenge - WINNER
Thanks so much Brandy, this made my day  😊
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
Post Reply

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee