Skip to main content
World Card Making Day SALE! Take 15% off the regular price of everything, or 20% off orders $100+ with codeWCMD
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Winners!!! UPDATED New Challenge for August - NO Photo Printing Challenge
And the winners are:
  Shoorn
  GayleChurches

Sorry for the delay!!!!

No Photo printing I should say!!  First off, I'm putting on hiatus the "In the News Challenge", last month I had only one person do it.  So lets try this.  I came up with this while doing some layouts this past month, and "found" my FIVE cases - the ones that hold those plastic snap shut holders to divide subjects - plus about four other containers that I took to crops - filled with photos!! Some are really old, I know of one photo from the 1800s that I am not sure who it's of - maybe my Uncle thru marriage's parents??   At any rate, they are priceless parts of my past!  And they all need to be gone through, scrapping what I can.  That being said:

1.  For this challenge, find photos you want to scrapbook on a layout that have been shoved aside so you can do the current ones.

2.  Make it your mission to not forget to use them in the future, and begin the future NOW.  

3.  They can be really old photos, heritage photos per se, or they can be from last summer's vacation that you planned on doing but I'll be darn, there are other ones you just took.  THink of it like a new stack of paper, of course we want to use the new, not the old.  Same goes for photos in our minds.  But some may just have even a better story, like my example below:
Image
My son is the photo on the left.  He sent it to me when they released the sketch of the Unabomber, saying he thinks he looks more like the sketch than the actual Unabomber did when they caught him.  I did point out all the college kids looked like that at the time.  Even the girls.  But I had printed them out and thrown them in my box marked "Joey/College".   

Well now I pulled them out - and did the layout!  I'll probably slide it into his college book which really IS almost done.  He graduated from that university, went on and got another bachelor's and a MBA since then from Penn State.  And got married, had a child, bought his home, etc., etc.  You know.  

4.  SOOOOOO.  Hence the name of the challenge - NO PHOTO PRINTING!    Use one or more already printed.  That's it.  Then post it here and in the gallery for a chance at a $5 GC.  Deadline is September 1, 12:01 AM.  Any questions, please PM me.  But really if you didn't print any more photos to clutter around for the layout, you are good!!
 
User avatar

Helen W.

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: New Challenge for August - NO Photo Printing Challenge
What a super challenge! I'm in.
Love the story about your son/the Unabomber. And the part about even the girls looking like that made me spray my tea out. lol
1 user liked this post:
ImageImageImageImage
Image
User avatar

MTCanuk

Cherry Cropper

Re: New Challenge for August - NO Photo Printing Challenge
I just found a container with photos printed about 16 years ago.  Because the little kids in the photos are now 18 and 19.  They grew up way too fast!
2 users liked this post:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

 
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: New Challenge for August - NO Photo Printing Challenge
I love this!  Since I got into my studio to clean and purge, I have found so much stuff!  Among the hoard of scrappy supplies, I have about 200 photos I printed and then never scrapped from 2010.  smh  Some I have already scrapped digitally, but not most.  Great way to start to use up that scrappy stash!

One question. Is this only one layout, or can we do more than one?
1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

lisn2cats

Cherry Bomb

Re: New Challenge for August - NO Photo Printing Challenge
Between this challenge and the scrap bin challenge, it's like you're in my room! I have bins of both!!! (Emphasis on the S - binS)! Love this challenge.
1 user liked this post:
Image  ImageImage
User avatar

GayleChurches

Cherry Berry

Re: New Challenge for August - NO Photo Printing Challenge
Great challenge! I have three vacations that I printed and did only one or two layouts then went on to current photos. Not super old photos but old enough, I need to get them done!
1 user liked this post:
ImageImageImage
User avatar

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Re: New Challenge for August - NO Photo Printing Challenge
Lisn2cats wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 01, 2026 9:56 pm
Between this challenge and the scrap bin challenge, it's like you're in my room! I have bins of both!!! (Emphasis on the S - binS)! Love this challenge.

Let me know when you match me.  I have rooms.  Emphasis on S, too.  I will soon have wall to wall shelving and a Scrapbox armoir in my one room, but we sorting no less than 20 bins in the other room connecting to that room, which is the room off the pool.  And of course I have a rolling tote and all my photos in my office.  So there ya go.  Lol
User avatar

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Re: New Challenge for August - NO Photo Printing Challenge
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 01, 2026 6:13 pm
I love this!  Since I got into my studio to clean and purge, I have found so much stuff!  Among the hoard of scrappy supplies, I have about 200 photos I printed and then never scrapped from 2010.  smh  Some I have already scrapped digitally, but not most.  Great way to start to use up that scrappy stash!

One question. Is this only one layout, or can we do more than one?
I don't limit these kind of challenges Laura, the more we get done, the better!
 
2 users liked this post:
User avatar

megs1768

Cherry Blossom

Re: New Challenge for August - NO Photo Printing Challenge
Fun! I Have my niece and nephew preschool -2nd grade pics and they are now 10 and 12~
User avatar

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: New Challenge for August - NO Photo Printing Challenge
I am so bad at scrapping Christmas photos. I had decided  about 10 years ago that I would scrap them in project life format. So I can get lots of photos onto one page.  That format doesn't excite me too much now. But I need to get them done...so this challenge should help, thanks!
- joannie

  Image Image ImageImageImage
User avatar

jordanbev5

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: New Challenge for August - NO Photo Printing Challenge
I always have pics I need to scrap! This was a great challenge!! Thanks for the push!!
ImageImageImage
User avatar

Aztam

Cherry Bomb

Re: New Challenge for August - NO Photo Printing Challenge
This is a great challenge. I literally put a kit together today to make my son’s 1st bday pages. (He’s 39 now)

wondering if it’s just the 1 entry?
1 user liked this post:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam
User avatar

shoorn

Cherry Cola

Re: New Challenge for August - NO Photo Printing Challenge
Here's my first one. I printed these pics out a couple of months ago as I am working on my summer 2021 photos. I seem to have printed and scrapped other photos since then. They aren't exciting but I need to document them as they are a part of my medical journney. Thanks for the push!

Image

 
Hi everyone!     My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

  ImageImage   ImageImage


Image




 
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: New Challenge for August - NO Photo Printing Challenge
My first layout.  I have had these photos printed for 15 years!  smh  We took so many of this birthday, and I struggled to scrap them all, even though they were good.  Then, I just moved on to other layouts.  Thanks for the push to get back to it!  

Image
1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

blfonty

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: New Challenge for August - NO Photo Printing Challenge
I used 2 older photos from the stack of already printed ones on my craft table. Thanks Sher for the new Challenge. Combined with the August Hollywoods Finest Challenge.

Image
2 users liked this post:
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Image.  Image.  Image  
User avatar

Cheryl E.

Cherry Blossom

Re: New Challenge for August - NO Photo Printing Challenge
Hopefully my photos qualify. I found them while cleaning out a file cabinet this week. They are proofs from a 1996 photo shoot of myself and my hubby, and I still had them in the original Olan Mills envelope! I remember not liking them that much at the time, so we printed up a couple of photos, and I must have shoved the envelope of proofs in the cabinet for safe keeping. 30 years later, I have a whole new perspective on how good (and young) we looked at the time - LOL!
Image
Picture Perfect Layout
 
2 users liked this post:
User avatar

GerriW

Cherry Blossom

Re: New Challenge for August - NO Photo Printing Challenge
This is a perfect challenge! I’ve been working through photos from the 1990s & sometimes these layouts go to the bottom of the list because the photos aren’t that great. Thanks for another fun challenge!
1 user liked this post:
Image Image
Image

 
User avatar

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Re: New Challenge for August - NO Photo Printing Challenge
Aztam wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 02, 2026 10:46 pm
This is a great challenge. I literally put a kit together today to make my son’s 1st bday pages. (He’s 39 now)

wondering if it’s just the 1 entry?

Nope, it helps to use up the scraps. Do as many as you can!
User avatar

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Re: New Challenge for August - NO Photo Printing Challenge
Motherload wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 04, 2026 8:39 pm
Hopefully my photos qualify. I found them while cleaning out a file cabinet this week. They are proofs from a 1996 photo shoot of myself and my hubby, and I still had them in the original Olan Mills envelope! I remember not liking them that much at the time, so we printed up a couple of photos, and I must have shoved the envelope of proofs in the cabinet for safe keeping. 30 years later, I have a whole new perspective on how good (and young) we looked at the time - LOL!
ImagePicture Perfect Layout
Oh I love your photos!!  I keep saying I want to get my very old photos in an album, I'm sure I have an Olin Mills somewhere!  
 
User avatar

mjmarmo

Cherry Blossom

Re: New Challenge for August - NO Photo Printing Challenge
THe kid's school had a spring carnival in April. I printed these photos when we got back home in May. And there they sat. Thanks for pushing me to use my pile! It is actually a 2 pager:)

Image
Post Reply

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee