Skip to main content
World Card Making Day SALE! Take 15% off the regular price of everything, or 20% off orders $100+ with codeWCMD
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/2000
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

October Mood Board Challenge
My favorite month and season are here (well, not actually...it's still 85 degrees in Ohio, but we are getting there soon!)  lol  For this month, I challenge you to use the mood board below to create a layout with the color scheme (black and rusty orange, NOT bright orange) and at least 3 additional inspirations from the mood board. :)  Can't wait to see what you come up with!  These are hard colors for me.  Bonus entry in the prize drawing if you use the word "Autumn" in your title!

 Image

You have until midnight, October 31st to enter your layout in the gallery spot I've provided.  
Must be a new layout.
Can be combined with one other challenge that allows combining (plus the multiple prompt challenges).
3 users liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: October Mood Board Challenge
Love these fall colors and inspiration.
    ImageImage
User avatar

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Re: October Mood Board Challenge
LOVE these colors!!!!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
User avatar

FoxyStamping

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: October Mood Board Challenge
Wow!  Great inspiration board!
Sharon
Blog: Foxy Stamping
  Image                    Image            
User avatar

MTCanuk

Cherry Cropper

Re: October Mood Board Challenge
Oh, my gosh!! Love this! My total vibe! Don’t have a red head, but have the perfect photo of a blondie her mum took for me the other day!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

 
User avatar

Helen W.

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: October Mood Board Challenge
Here's my rust and black entry. The word 'autumn' is on a tag to the right of the photo. 

Image
1 user liked this post:
ImageImageImageImage
Image
User avatar

The Scrap Attack

Cherry Picker

Re: October Mood Board Challenge
Here is mine combined with October Sketch with a Twist

Moodboard inspirations:
  • flowers
  • leaves
  • grains/grass/seedpods

Image
2 users liked this post:
Image Image ImageImage
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: October Mood Board Challenge
Image

As my inspiration I chose the flowers, the girl with the dog reminded me of pets, and the cursive writing in white ink on the black.  I handwrote the title.    I combined this with the 10/9 Weekly Layout Challenge.
1 user liked this post:
Image
User avatar

Natalie Dill

Cherry Picker

Re: October Mood Board Challenge
I love this mood board! I used this challenge for my "Cherry Challenges" layout today. 

I used the shape of the mood board with the rectangular photos to inspire my design, the florals and colors! 

Image

Find my process video here: youtu.be/XkczArqrYWQ
1 user liked this post:
Natalie 💖 🍒  Find more at Dillightfully Crafty YouTube


Image
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: October Mood Board Challenge
Here is mine. My inspirations were the close up of the girl's face, the flowers and leaf stems, and the pumpkins.

Image
2 users liked this post:
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: October Mood Board Challenge
This is a beautiful board. My inspirations were the leaves, pumpkins and flowers. Combined with the Three in a Row Challenge. 

Image
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

shortonideas

Cherry Blossom

Re: October Mood Board Challenge
Here's my rust and black entry. The word 'autumn' is in the title.  Also including pumpkins, leaves, and wheat branches.Image
User avatar

wendycrowe

Cherry Bomb

Re: October Mood Board Challenge
Here is my page:

Image

I was inspired by the colors, the leaves, pumpkins, flower, the little girl and the bridge inspired me to use a fence.  And I added a couple of little owls to add an adorable animal element.  And of course, the title "Autumn".
ImageImage
User avatar

MTCanuk

Cherry Cropper

Re: October Mood Board Challenge
Also for weekly sketch
Inspiration from little girl, flower, pumpkins    

Image
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

 
User avatar

TheCraftyLady

Cherry Blossom

Re: October Mood Board Challenge
black & rusty orange
close up of face
soft filmy flower inspired the cobweb in color & in whispyness
the texture of the wood bridge - mimicked in the letters
the silver necklace (upper left photo) mirrors the neckline of my shirt

Also submitting to the Oct Taylor Swift challenge
Image
User avatar

nellie_pickles

Cherry Blossom

Re: October Mood Board Challenge
savvy4 wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 10, 2025 6:56 pm
Here's my rust and black entry. The word 'autumn' is on a tag to the right of the photo. 

Image
Whoa, that’s SO pretty!
 
User avatar

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Garcia

Re: October Mood Board Challenge
Here's mine.

Image
Bruges, Belgium

My inspirations were:
The autumn flowers and leaves (fussy cutting and in the triangles) and wood bridge (background wood grain paper)
The deep green background in the pumpkin, little girl and fall weed pictures - (deep green wood grain)
The girl with the hat - (I included pics of myself with and without my hat on.)

Beautiful mood board - very fall. Thanks!
1 user liked this post:
User avatar

nellie_pickles

Cherry Blossom

Re: October Mood Board Challenge
Image6x8. I have pumpkins, leaves, an animal, flowers, and Autumn IS my title - do with that what you will haha!
User avatar

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

Re: October Mood Board Challenge
I had to scrapbook my redhead for the half an hour that I had one LOL! So aside from the colors, I used the redhead (LOL), the dog inspired the fox washi tape, the white font on black for the title, and the flowers. Gorgeous board - thanks for the inspiration!

Image
Happy Scrapping, cherries!
Hugs, Anne-Marie
User avatar

GerriW

Cherry Blossom

Re: October Mood Board Challenge
In addition to the black/rusty orange (it looks kind of red in the photo - but it really is rusty orange) - I took inspiration from leaves, pumpkins & kids. And I used Autumn in the title.
Image
Image Image
Image

 
Post Reply

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee