The random winner, courtesy of random.org, is... #13 Charleneanne
Congratulations! I will be sending you your gift card shortly!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I saw this this graphic on the web of a butterfly masked out of a background of splattered paint, I immediately fell in love with it. I knew right away I wanted to use this technique on one of my layouts, and that it would be the technique I would be using for my next graphic design challenge.

So my challenge is for you to use paints, splats, mists or any colorful media on a section of your page, masking it with a shape to allow the background paper to show. It's as simple as that. And lots of fun. You can make your mask out of anything... a die cut, a punch out, a shape cut out of your cutting machine, an object, a plate, an alpha... anything you can come up with.
Here are a few more examples of this technique...

Open to paper, digi, hybrid, cards, crafts, or whatever this inspires you to create.
Multiple submissions are allowed.
May be combined with one other challenge if that challenge allows it.
I am once again running this challenge for two months, so you have until the end of August (I will accept any entries up until the time I pick my winner). Submit your creations to this thread and I will pick a random winner that will receive a $5 ACOT gift card from me!
I did my page in digi, but I think it would be so much fun to do this on paper, so I hope to do a paper layout using this technique too. I'll update if I do. I would love to do this using gelatos!
Here is my digi page...

Hope you all have fun with this!
Participants:
1) Craftyshannon
2) sweetsour
3) wheeliegirl
4) letumom
5) Berta R.
6) jrrah4903
7) blbabe1234
8) Christi_S.
9) Retiree3
10) average_kim
11) scrappininAK
12) oceanbreezes423
13) Charleneanne
14) scrappininAK
15) EmtAimee734
16) Yankeegirl
17) Shutterbug






































