Skip to main content
World Card Making Day SALE! Take 15% off the regular price of everything, or 20% off orders $100+ with codeWCMD
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/2000
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

May/June Graphic Design Challenge *WINNERS*
I LOVED all the different takes on these ads! So much creativity by everyone! And once again it is always so fun to see how the same ad inspires everyone so differently!

I had over 20 entries so I am picking two winners!

Using RandomNum, the winners are…

Winner #1
#12 Sharman Paulus .

Winner #2
#23 ScrappyRN74

Congrats to Sharman and Trisha!

Thanks to everyone that participated!

 


I have chosen more print ads for us to use for inspiration this month. Since I am getting this challenge up late and want to get it back on track time-wise, there won't be a full two months to do this challenge, so I only picked four ads this month. You may enter as many as four times, as long as each entry is from a different ad. So you may do all four ads if you are so inspired.

So as usual the challenge is to pick one of these ads and use it for inspiration. But… YOUR INSPIRATION MUST COME FROM SOMETHING OTHER THAN JUST THE COLORS! You by all means may use the colors of the ad if you want to, but that cannot be your only source of inspiration. You must get your inspiration from something else in the ad too. Please let us know what it was that inspired you. Below are this month's ads to choose from.

Image 
Image
 Image
 Image

Open to paper, digi, hybrid, cards, crafts, planners, or anything else you are inspired to create.

Multiple submissions are allowed up to a limit of 4.

You may combine with one other challenge that allows combining and you may also add to the Prompts Challenge if there is one.

Post your submissions to this thread by June 30th and a random winner of all participants will receive a $5 ACOT GC from me!

Most of all have fun. I hope you find this new set of ads to be inspiring. 

I chose the Sharpie Vibrant Markers Ad as I was inspired by the mix of vibrant colors against dark and light papers. I also loved the doodled look and how some of the same images overlapped both the dark and light papers. Pic is of my sweet Aiden and JJ looking through some of the scrapbooks that I have made.

Image

Participants:
1. lisn2cats
2. joannie
3. joannie
4. Craftyshannon
5. jcsmaestra
6. Cheryl E.
7. jordanbev5
8. jcsmaestra
9. blfonty
10. Creative gLori
11. MTCanuk
12. Sharman Paulus .
13. wendycrowe
14. NikkiDSantos
15. Donna_Coughlin
16. joannie
17. shoorn
18. Charleneanne
19. Art_Teacher
20. jordanbev5
21. Mommyof5
22. scrappinmom99
23. ScrappyRN74
24. SandyJay
6 users liked this post:
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: May/June Graphic Design Challenge
these look awesome!
1 user liked this post:
- joannie

  Image Image ImageImageImage
User avatar

suewho372

Wild Cherry

Re: May/June Graphic Design Challenge
Fantastic! Your layout is beautiful!
1 user liked this post:
Susan
Image

                     
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: May/June Graphic Design Challenge
Love the ad inspiration for this challenge.  Fantastic LO too.  Can't believe how big the kids are getting and I love that drawing by JJ's feet!
2 users liked this post:
    ImageImage
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: May/June Graphic Design Challenge
VickiR wrote: ↑
Sun May 25, 2025 3:35 pm
Love the ad inspiration for this challenge.  Fantastic LO too.  Can't believe how big the kids are getting and I love that drawing by JJ's feet!

Lol that is a "fashion" book that I bought her that has outlines of figures and you have stickers that you can use to add shoes and jewelry and such and then use pencils or markers to color in the clothes and then you name them. Some pages like that one have two figures on them so JJ did one and I did the other. JJ drew a line to hers lol. Probably should do a scrappy page about it. lol
2 users liked this post:
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

lisn2cats

Cherry Bomb

Re: May/June Graphic Design Challenge
I was inspired by the first image…I liked the half light, half dark design, the leaves and the way they were colored, and I put my journaling on a diagonal strip to mimic the markers.
Image
2 users liked this post:
Image  ImageImage
User avatar

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: May/June Graphic Design Challenge
Image Image
I used the pizza ad. I used a circle and the chevrons remind me of the pizza pieces. & I made my own wood grain for my background.
2 users liked this post:
- joannie

  Image Image ImageImageImage
User avatar

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: May/June Graphic Design Challenge
Image Image
I used the sharpie ad. I used the background design and the floral pieces.
2 users liked this post:
- joannie

  Image Image ImageImageImage
User avatar

Craftyshannon

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: May/June Graphic Design Challenge
I was inspired by the second ad. I used similar rainbow colors, gloss gel and glitter to add texture and shine like the makeup in the ad, and scrapped photos of my girls after they had been practicing makeup with their cousin.  Image
2 users liked this post:
User avatar

jcsmaestra

Cherry Cola

Re: May/June Graphic Design Challenge
Chose the Sharpie ad. I took inspiration from the horizontal separation of the ad, which I changed to the vertical separation. Combined with Mfr. With A Twist.
Image

 
1 user liked this post:
Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image
 
User avatar

Cheryl E.

Cherry Blossom

Re: May/June Graphic Design Challenge
I was inspired by the pizza ad. The triangles for my sun look like little pizza slices, and the curved shape is like the Brick Oven logo over on the bottom corner of the ad.
Image
1 user liked this post:
User avatar

jordanbev5

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: May/June Graphic Design Challenge
ImageImageImage
Here us mine:
Image
All of the graphics around the outside edges. My center black to do with the dark/black contrast with the imagery. The green ribbon on mine to mimic the leaves on the image as well. The vibrant title of mine to mimic the writing in the center of the imagery.
1 user liked this post:
ImageImageImage
User avatar

jordanbev5

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: May/June Graphic Design Challenge
fundays wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 05, 2025 3:32 pm
Image
Here us mine:
Image
All of the graphics around the outside edges. My center black to do with the dark/black contrast with the imagery. The green ribbon on mine to mimic the leaves on the image as well. The vibrant title of mine to mimic the writing in the center of the imagery.

 
ImageImageImage
User avatar

jcsmaestra

Cherry Cola

Re: May/June Graphic Design Challenge
Here's another from me. I chose the Walmart ad. I was inspired by the blended colors and the beauty tools.

Image
1 user liked this post:
Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image
 
User avatar

blfonty

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: May/June Graphic Design Challenge
I was inspired by the McDonald's Ad: ice cream and hot fudge swirls and scallops (cut background PP with wave template and added ric rac ribbon at bottom), McD's logo at top left (added Grand Blanc Orchestra logo), and the colors. Combined with June Manufacturer with a Twist Challenge.

Image

Image
1 user liked this post:
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Image.  Image.  Image  
User avatar

Creative gLori

Cherry Picker

Re: May/June Graphic Design Challenge
ImageImage
1 user liked this post:
Image
User avatar

Creative gLori

Cherry Picker

Re: May/June Graphic Design Challenge
ImageImage
Image
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: May/June Graphic Design Challenge
LoriA9 wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 11, 2025 3:25 am
ImageImage
I am sorry but you have to enter a new layout, not a layout that was done before the challenge was posted. Very nice page but I am sorry to be fair to everyone I can't count it.
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

MTCanuk

Cherry Cropper

Re: May/June Graphic Design Challenge
  Image

    Image
2 users liked this post:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

 
User avatar

Sharman Paulus .

Cherry Bing

Re: May/June Graphic Design Challenge
The Pizza inspired me to cut a circle into fours as a base to build on.Image
3 users liked this post:
Post Reply

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee