Skip to main content
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

Natalie Dill

Cherry Picker

Natalie’s DIY Background Challenge
Hey Cherries!

I hope you're enjoying the lovely iNSD weekend! I am here with a fun challenge for you to create your own Background!

I love to DIY my scrapbook page backgrounds. I loved mixed media, but you don't have to use mixed media to participate! You just have to create a unique background for your layout that is not a predesigned page, a single sheet of patterned paper, or the like.

I'm going to give you a ton of examples for inspiration! I have created this layout specifically for this challenge today:

Image
Catch the full process here: https://youtu.be/IiIdBTKlDWA

You are playing for this awesome prize!
Image


Here's some examples of other DIY Backgrounds from my gallery:
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

I hope you are so inspired to DIY a background
You must create a new layout for this challenge.
You can combine with one other concept challenge, but with no other design challenge.
I have created a folder for your creations and submissions! It is called "DIY Background Challenge"
Please also add them in this thread - I do not want to miss anyone!

Edited to add: Submissions due on Sunday May 14 by 4pm Eastern!

Happy Crafting!
Natalie 💖 🍒  Find more at Dillightfully Crafty YouTube


Image
User avatar

mrozwood

Cherry Bing

Re: Natalie’s DIY Background Challenge
Neat! When is it due?
~Melanie

It's ok, I scrapbook.
User avatar

ChrisC.

Cherry Addict

Re: Natalie’s DIY Background Challenge
Wow - your backgrounds are amazing!! I definitely want to try this challenge.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

 ImageImageImage Image
 
User avatar

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Natalie’s DIY Background Challenge
This looks so cool, may have to give it a try!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Natalie’s DIY Background Challenge
Fun!  Great inspiration from your LOs!
    ImageImage
User avatar

Mommyof5~Misty

Cherry Bing

Re: Natalie’s DIY Background Challenge
You know I am completely head over heels for all your work, Natalie!! Great challenge!!
 Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
 Image  Image   Image
 
User avatar

Natalie Dill

Cherry Picker

Re: Natalie’s DIY Background Challenge
mrozwood wrote: ↑
Sun May 07, 2023 9:30 am
Neat! When is it due?

Thanks for the ?
I edited the original post to add due 5/14/23 4PM Eastern!
Natalie 💖 🍒  Find more at Dillightfully Crafty YouTube


Image
User avatar

mrozwood

Cherry Bing

Re: Natalie’s DIY Background Challenge
NatalieDill wrote: ↑
Sun May 07, 2023 12:27 pm
mrozwood wrote: ↑
Sun May 07, 2023 9:30 am
Neat! When is it due?

Thanks for the ?
I edited the original post to add due 5/14/23 4PM Eastern!

Thank you
~Melanie

It's ok, I scrapbook.
User avatar

Denise C.

Cherry Tart

Re: Natalie’s DIY Background Challenge
I had so much fun doing this. I do wish I hadn't done my nails though last night  😂

Image
User avatar

amysolovay

Cherry Blossom

Re: Natalie’s DIY Background Challenge
This is a fantastic challenge, Natalie! I really loved seeing the backgrounds you've created -- thanks for the amazing inspiration!
User avatar

Natalie Dill

Cherry Picker

Re: Natalie’s DIY Background Challenge
lala3237 wrote: ↑
Sun May 07, 2023 5:44 pm
I had so much fun doing this. I do wish I hadn't done my nails though last night  😂

Imagedi
OMG This was worth the ruined manicure! I LOVE this background!

(DIP manis - the craft paint just comes right off and you never even knew LOL)
 
Natalie 💖 🍒  Find more at Dillightfully Crafty YouTube


Image
User avatar

Nana01

Cherry Bing

Re: Natalie’s DIY Background Challenge
I am going to use my gelli plate to make my background for this challenge. Thanks!!
Just call me Nan - it's short and sweet
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
User avatar

Jolly Holly Scraps

Cherry Cropper

Re: Natalie’s DIY Background Challenge
Wonderful challenge! I love doing this!!
User avatar

Trek

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Natalie’s DIY Background Challenge
My LO. For my BG I sewed together all this stripes scraps.
Image
Katerina
User avatar

Birgit55~Chickadee

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Natalie’s DIY Background Challenge
Here's my entry:
Image
Thanks for the fun challenge Natalie!
User avatar

DMarie

Cherry Berry

Re: Natalie’s DIY Background Challenge
This so not my normal thing to do.  I love pattern papers and using them so making my own is a stretch.  Here it is.

Image
Dawn Marie 
User avatar

Natalie Dill

Cherry Picker

Re: Natalie’s DIY Background Challenge
Trek wrote: ↑
Mon May 08, 2023 11:49 am
My LO. For my BG I sewed together all this stripes scraps.
Image

Ohhh yes! Sewing on the background is a GREAT idea! Lovely layout!! Thanks for playing!
Natalie 💖 🍒  Find more at Dillightfully Crafty YouTube


Image
User avatar

Natalie Dill

Cherry Picker

Re: Natalie’s DIY Background Challenge
Birgit55 wrote: ↑
Mon May 08, 2023 12:12 pm
Here's my entry:
Image
Thanks for the fun challenge Natalie!
This is SO beautiful! I love the background - is it stamping or rub ons?  Great job!
 
Natalie 💖 🍒  Find more at Dillightfully Crafty YouTube


Image
User avatar

Natalie Dill

Cherry Picker

Re: Natalie’s DIY Background Challenge
DMarie wrote: ↑
Mon May 08, 2023 1:25 pm
This so not my normal thing to do.  I love pattern papers and using them so making my own is a stretch.  Here it is.

Image
Well I LOVE how you made your own background here! Those stamps are some of my favorites and I love how you used them! Great job!
 
Natalie 💖 🍒  Find more at Dillightfully Crafty YouTube


Image
User avatar

Birgit55~Chickadee

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Natalie’s DIY Background Challenge
NatalieDill wrote: ↑
Mon May 08, 2023 5:49 pm
Birgit55 wrote: ↑
Mon May 08, 2023 12:12 pm
Here's my entry:
Image
Thanks for the fun challenge Natalie!
This is SO beautiful! I love the background - is it stamping or rub ons?  Great job!
  
Thanks Natalie.  It's Inking, stenciling and stamping.  
 
Post Reply

Return to “National Scrapbook Day 2023”

Information