Skip to main content
World Card Making Day SALE! Take 15% off the regular price of everything, or 20% off orders $100+ with codeWCMD
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/2000
User avatar

DN in MN

Bowl Full of Cherries

D's Roll the Dice Layout Challenge ~ WINNER
Congratulations to Chignon!!
Image
Welcome to the Roll the Dice challenge.  You should have your 5 dice from the prep list.  You can still go and request a roll anytime during the crop just note the deadline to request dice is tonight at 9pm (EST).   That allows time for you to complete your scrapbook layout by the challenge deadline.

You will match your dice with the categories listed below.  The order of the dice is left to right (1-5)
Image Image Image Image Image

Dice 1: (PHOTOS)
1 Photo
2 Photos
3 Photos
4 Photos
5 Photos
6 Photos

Dice 2: (BACKGROUND)
1 Cut Aparts/Project or Pocket Cards (at least 2 with a solid color cardstock background or make them your whole background) 
2 Five Patterned Papers - must take up at least 50% of background (can use solid color for background)
3 Solid Paper only (any number of colors, no pattern) You can splatter on the cardstock but nothing else. 
4 6x6 Papers (at least two) - (background must be either black or white cardstock) - Card makers (use at least two 2x2 patterns)
5 Happy Horizonal (split your background in half with two different papers)
6 Mixed Media - watercolor, paint, stencil, mists 

Dice 3: (TITLE)
1 Extra Large - One Word 
2 Mixed Alphas (at least two different fonts)
3 Stamped or Handwritten
4 Dimensional - (Thickers/Pop up Stickers/Cut/Glue at least 3 cuts together)
5 Flat - Sticker/One Cut Cardstock
6 Mixed Color - (at least two different colored letters)

Dice 4: (EMBELLISHMENTS)
1 Frame/Envelope 
2 Buttons 
3 Wood Veneer/Cork/Chipboard 
4 Washi/Ribbon/Twine
5 Enamel Dots - Nuvo Drops/Stickles 
6 Sequins, Rhinestones, Gems, Bling 
 
Dice 5:
You can swap this one with any of the other 4, if you choose.  No other changes allowed.  Go back to your roll and let me know which one you are swapping out. 
   
You must use the first four dice in order, dice 1 (furthest left) - dice 4 (furthest right)
dice 5 - can be swapped with one of the four dice you have, or you can leave it out of the mix if you like the first 4 in your line up.
You can add anything else to your layout unless it is specified otherwise.

Here is my example from my roll of the dice:
Image Image Image Image Image
Dice 1 - 6 means six photos
Dice 2 - 3 means solid cardstock only, no patterned paper anywhere.
Dice 3 - 5 means flat sticker/diecut title
Dice 4 - 5 means Enamel Dots, Nuvo/Stickles
Dice 5 - Optional to swap with any one of the others (I didn't swap at all)

Example of swapping would be for me to take Dice 5 (2),and switch it with Dice 1 (6) - then I would use two photos.

Image

You may only combine this challenge with the NSD 25 Items.
One entry person and your new scrapbook layout must be uploaded to the Gallery under the challenge - D's Roll the Dice.  We would also love to see it posted in the thread :)
Challenge is due by 11:59pm (EST) Sunday, May 18, 2025

One randomly chosen winner will receive the Stamperia Mixed Media Bundle generously provided by ACOT: 

Image
ImageImage  Image
Word of 2026 - MINDFUL 
 
User avatar

CathyG89

Cherry Berry

Re: D's Roll the Dice Layout Challenge
Can we use other embellishments in addition to those associated with our roll?
ImageImageImage
User avatar

DN in MN

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: D's Roll the Dice Layout Challenge
CathyG89 wrote: ↑
Sun May 04, 2025 2:28 pm
Can we use other embellishments in addition to those associated with our roll?
Yes, you can.  You have to have the minimum or your roll. Other things are good to go.  Except the patterned paper if you get cardstock, lol.
 
ImageImage  Image
Word of 2026 - MINDFUL 
 
User avatar

SandyK1967

Cherry Garcia

Re: D's Roll the Dice Layout Challenge
Very cool!  I already have mine figured out, and I will be swapping!
1 user liked this post:
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋Image
 
User avatar

Amy Jo

Cherry Bomb

Re: D's Roll the Dice Layout Challenge
For my "roll" I got:

Image Image Image Image Image

For my layout I'll use: 

Dice 1: 2 photos
Dice 2: 6 x 6 papers
Dice 3: Stamped or Hand written Title
Dice 4: Sequins, Rhinestones, Gems, Bling 
Dice 5: might swap out for the title and do the flat/one cut cardstock option...TBD!!

Fun idea for a challenge!!
1 user liked this post:
ImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: D's Roll the Dice Layout Challenge
I got good ones for me: 2 photos, mixed media, flat title, work/cork/chipboard

I have a question - can the mixed media be on a subtle patterned paper? Or must it be on cardstock?
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

 
User avatar

DN in MN

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: D's Roll the Dice Layout Challenge
trainmom wrote: ↑
Sun May 04, 2025 2:54 pm
I got good ones for me: 2 photos, mixed media, flat title, work/cork/chipboard

I have a question - can the mixed media be on a subtle patterned paper? Or must it be on cardstock?
Mixed media can be on patterned paper.  
 
ImageImage  Image
Word of 2026 - MINDFUL 
 
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: D's Roll the Dice Layout Challenge
Sorry
Image
User avatar

DN in MN

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: D's Roll the Dice Layout Challenge
GinniG wrote: ↑
Sun May 04, 2025 2:57 pm
 
You don't have to physically change it, I just need to know what you are changing :) 
 
ImageImage  Image
Word of 2026 - MINDFUL 
 
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: D's Roll the Dice Layout Challenge
Here's my dice roll...

Image
1.  1 Photo
2.   6x6 Papers (at least two) - (background must be either black or white cardstock) - Card makers (use at least two 2x2 patterns)
3.   Extra Large - One Word 
4.   Washi/Ribbon/Twine
5.   I want to swap dice 5 for dice 4 which gives me frame/envelope for my LO.
    ImageImage
User avatar

Jolly Holly Scraps

Cherry Cropper

Re: D's Roll the Dice Layout Challenge
What an awesome challenge, D! Your example layout is beautiful!
User avatar

FoxyStamping

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: D's Roll the Dice Layout Challenge
ImageImageImageImageImage
2 photos
BG: split bg in half with 2 papers
Title:  stiicker/one cut cs
Embellishment: frame/envelope

I don't think I am switching, unless I switch dice 5 for dice 3, then mixed media instead of 2 papers.  I will let you know.  Great challenge!
Sharon
Blog: Foxy Stamping
  Image                    Image            
User avatar

MTCanuk

Cherry Cropper

Re: D's Roll the Dice Layout Challenge
My dice roll

One photo
Mixed media
Dimensional
Wood Veneer/Cork/Chipboard
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

 
User avatar

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Re: D's Roll the Dice Layout Challenge
I guess I'll keep mine.  The issue I have is I do pocket page with only two photos.  Yikes .  And I'd lose one photo is I swapped it out for my number t dice is a 1.  So..... I make it work!! 
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: D's Roll the Dice Layout Challenge
Putting this here so I can find it.  Here is what you rolled for me! 
 
Image Image Image Image Image
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Colie 33

Cherry Blossom

Re: D's Roll the Dice Layout Challenge
I was so excited for this challenge I read it so quick and thought it said entry was due tonight so it turned into a fast scrap 😂 it’s not due tonight but yay for a half hour layout!Image
User avatar

DN in MN

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: D's Roll the Dice Layout Challenge
Colie33 wrote: ↑
Sun May 04, 2025 8:48 pm
I was so excited for this challenge I read it so quick and thought it said entry was due tonight so it turned into a fast scrap 😂 it’s not due tonight but yay for a half hour layout!Image

This is awesome!  Way to go :) 
ImageImage  Image
Word of 2026 - MINDFUL 
 
User avatar

amysolovay

Cherry Blossom

Re: D's Roll the Dice Layout Challenge
Haha, if we were hanging out in Las Vegas this weekend, my answer would be "no thanks!" But since we're cropping, I'll roll the dice and see what happens. Please count me in for this one! YES!
Image Image Image Image Image
 
The above is a copy and paste of the combination you rolled for me in the other thread. 

Dice 1: (PHOTOS)

2 Photos


Dice 2: (BACKGROUND)
2 Five Patterned Papers - must take up at least 50% of background (can use solid color for background)

Dice 3: (TITLE)
4 Dimensional - (Thickers/Pop up Stickers/Cut/Glue at least 3 cuts together)

Dice 4: (EMBELLISHMENTS)

6 Sequins, Rhinestones, Gems, Bling 
 
Dice 5:
You can swap this one with any of the other 4, if you choose.  No other changes allowed.  Go back to your roll and let me know which one you are swapping out. 
   
You must use the first four dice in order, dice 1 (furthest left) - dice 4 (furthest right)
dice 5 - can be swapped with one of the four dice you have, or you can leave it out of the mix if you like the first 4 in your line up.
You can add anything else to your layout unless it is specified otherwise.

+++++

I scrap 6" x 8", and FIVE patterned papers +  2 photos + all that other stuff would make for a really busy, crowded layout. So I'm going to swap dice #5 with dice #2, because I think it makes more sense to reduce the number of patterned papers. 

So  my updated background is going to be 
4 6x6 Papers (at least two) - (background must be either black or white cardstock) - Card makers (use at least two 2x2 patterns)



This should be fun and also really challenging. 

 
User avatar

mizz_kitty21

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: D's Roll the Dice Layout Challenge
Here is my roll of the dice:
Image Image Image Image Image
Dice 1 - 6 means six photos (😨)
Dice 2 - 4 means 6x6 Papers (at least two) - (background must be either black or white cardstock
Dice 3 - 4 means Dimensional - (Thickers/Pop up Stickers/Cut/Glue at least 3 cuts together)
Dice 4 - 1 means Frame/Envelope 
Dice 5 - 2 - swapped out my last dice with dice 1; making it 2 photos instead of 6 photos

and now to build my layout…

Thank you for this fun challenge!
Add some sparkle to your life :)

- Henriette
Image
User avatar

GayleChurches

Cherry Berry

Re: D's Roll the Dice Layout Challenge
I couldn't figure out how to get the dice in the post but I rolled:
6=photos
3=solid background
6=mixed colored title letters
2=buttons
My layout:
Image
The centers of my Target bullseyes are red buttons!
This was a challenge but I like how it turned out!
ImageImageImage
Post Reply

Return to “National Scrapbook Day 2025”

Information