Skip to main content
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Louise's Sesame Street/Scraplift challenge WINNER
Winner is blfonty
Congrats Bonnie!

On the oldest page in my gallery, I found this layout about Sesame Place:
ImageImage
It was a 2 page layout but I didn't know how to stitch 2 pages together yet. It was also my first ever scrap lift from this one by Tracie:
Image

I just loved her layout back then and I think the layout design works out well today.

So, your challenge here is to scrap lift one of these layouts. The aspects of the layouts that you must include are the wavy lines of patterned paper surrounding a photo college of 3 or more photos. 

Each of the following bonuses will get you an extra entry:
  • A child focused amusement park (since that is the subject of both layouts above)
  • Anything to do with Sesame Street (be creative, this is open to interpretation)
  • doodled circles filled in with colors (also on both of the samples)
  • 8 or more photos in your photo college
Rules:
1. Open to layouts and traveler journal layouts, paper or digital. New layouts only.
2. May be one or 2 page layout
3. One entry per cherry
4. Can only be combined with the 25 item challenge
5. You must post your entry into the gallery here at ACOT and link an image into this thread. 
6. Clearly state how many of the bonuses you did
7. Due date is Monday, May 18 (11:59 PM EDT) .

One randomly selected winner will win this fabulous prize (Summer Porch bundle) donated by 49 and Market:
Image

Everyone is welcome to play the challenges and games, but due to international sweepstakes laws, we can only send physical prizes within the United States. International players can still receive Cherry Points when participating. 


If you have any questions, please ask on this thread.
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

 
User avatar

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

Re: Louise's Sesame Street/Scraplift challenge
Awesome challenge! I remember having to learn how to stitch together pages online!! And you know I have Sesame Place pictures still to catch up on. Can't wait to get started!
Happy Scrapping, cherries!
Hugs, Anne-Marie
User avatar

KimberlyE

Cherry Blossom

Re: Louise's Sesame Street/Scraplift challenge
Thanks! This is a child focused park and there are more than 8 pictures, so two extra entries for me. Yay!

Image
2 users liked this post:
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Louise's Sesame Street/Scraplift challenge
These layouts are awesome, definitely want to try this one. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

Scrapqueen141

Cherry Bomb

Re: Louise's Sesame Street/Scraplift challenge
KimberlyE wrote: ↑
Sat May 02, 2026 2:56 pm
Thanks! This is a child focused park and there are more than 8 pictures, so two extra entries for me. Yay!

Image

This is a fantastic layout!
Image            ImageImageImageImage
Scrapbooking reminds us that life is good!
💖
User avatar

Scrapqueen141

Cherry Bomb

Re: Louise's Sesame Street/Scraplift challenge
Ok I got this one done and it was not an easy one! I accidently turned one side the opposite way (the down side to having double sided paper) so my curves went wonky and it ended up being a make it work situation!
Image
1 user liked this post:
Image            ImageImageImageImage
Scrapbooking reminds us that life is good!
💖
User avatar

Cindy312

Cherry Blossom

Re: Louise's Sesame Street/Scraplift challenge
This is one of the most challenging layouts I've ever made, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. I used more than 8 photos. 

Image
 
1 user liked this post:
User avatar

Kayla S.

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Louise's Sesame Street/Scraplift challenge
https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/37 ... -challenge

I completed all 4 of the bonus entries: doodle circles filled with colors, at least 8 photos, amusement park theme and I used the sesame street song lyrics as the journaling along the top border. 

The collage was incredibly challenging! But I love how many photos the collage used! Thank you for hosting!!!

Image
Image
Image
1 user liked this post:
User avatar

Colie 33

Cherry Blossom

Re: Louise's Sesame Street/Scraplift challenge
This was certainly out of my comfort zone but that's why it's called a challenge! :) Splash waterpark, doodled painted circles, & 8 photos (3) extra entries! Thanks for the fun idea!
Image
3 users liked this post:
User avatar

Laura K

Cherry Blossom

Re: Louise's Sesame Street/Scraplift challenge
This one was a challenge for me to create but I love it!  I included wavy lines of PP around 4 photos.  For the bonus I used Sesame Street and doodled circles filled in with color.

Older photos are of my daughter's Sophomore class spirit week contest entry. They created and painted a room like the Sesame Street set and changed the name to Sophomore Street. This was their theme for the whole week. Top picture is of the Sophomore cheerleaders, at the pep rally, in their Sophomore Street t-shirts.  When they took some of the pictures it was "Wakeup Wednesday" and they are all in pjs.  lol
Sophomore Street
Image
1 user liked this post:
User avatar

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Louise's Sesame Street/Scraplift challenge
Image 
fun challenge!!
2 users liked this post:
- joannie

  Image Image ImageImageImage
User avatar

MaganL

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Louise's Sesame Street/Scraplift challenge
Image

This is our family at an aquarium. I used two bonuses: watercolor and doodled circles and 8+ photos.
1 user liked this post:
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Louise's Sesame Street/Scraplift challenge
This was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be but so glad I did it. Even though it took me a while to figure out how to do the trim, I can see myself using this again.  I did three of the bonuses - the doodled circles, Sesame Street theme and way more than 8 photos.  

Image
1 user liked this post:
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

jordanbev5

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Louise's Sesame Street/Scraplift challenge
Image
Image
ImageCC
Bonus's are 
1.Doodled Circles scattered across double page layout
2. 8+ photos
3. We went to child focused amusements along the mall. The News museum especially.
1 user liked this post:
ImageImageImage
User avatar

Donna_Coughlin

Cherry Bing

Re: Louise's Sesame Street/Scraplift challenge
Here is mine.
I also used
  • A child focused amusement park (since that is the subject of both layouts above
  • doodled circles filled in with colors (also on both of the samples)
  • 8 photos in your photo college
  •  
Image
1 user liked this post:
Donna
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar

Trek

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Louise's Sesame Street/Scraplift challenge
My LO
Image
1 user liked this post:
Katerina
User avatar

blfonty

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Louise's Sesame Street/Scraplift challenge
I pulled out my old CM cutting system and made the wave. I searched my stash for some fun papers and included a 3-photo collage, PP wavy strips, with lots of circles and a children's event for two Bonuses. This was a lot of fun. Thanks Louise.

Image
2 users liked this post:
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Image.  Image.  Image  
User avatar

SandyK1967

Cherry Garcia

Re: Louise's Sesame Street/Scraplift challenge
So, I did all 4 bonuses, the amusement park, the doodles, there were 12 photos, and I snuck a cookie monster in there!  This was very challenging, I think the hardest part was cutting the photos to match the curves without losing things in the photo, placement was tricky I have never done a collage like that before and am glad I did! This was a trip back around 2008.


Image
1 user liked this post:
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋Image
 
User avatar

Sonja C.

Cherry Tart

Re: Louise's Sesame Street/Scraplift challenge
I love that wavy design and actually have the one you lifted on my to be lifted list! Ha! I’ll try to play along!
User avatar

amysolovay

Cherry Blossom

Re: Louise's Sesame Street/Scraplift challenge
I love both of these layouts! The pics and the graphic design on both the original and the lift are all so playful and joyful and fun! I can only imagine the effort that went into these pages, and I am super impressed! 

On one hand, I really love this challenge and would be so thrilled to win that amazing prize (thank you to the generous sponsor for donating it to this event!)

But, on the other hand, this is a truly challenging challenge (which is the kind of thing I look for -- I want to be taken out of my comfort zone, in a good way. And this is going to accomplish that, because I look at this and think, "How on earth am I even gonna DO this?"  I scrap 6"x8", and I just do not know if I am gonna be able to fit ALL of that stuff into the space I'm working with, even if I do a 2-page spread. )

I'm hopeful enough about the outcome that I'm saving a spot here!!  I really, really hope this works out.
Post Reply

Return to “National Scrapbook Day 2026”

Information