Skip to main content
World Card Making Day SALE! Take 15% off the regular price of everything, or 20% off orders $100+ with codeWCMD
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/2000
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Scrap-A-Day, July 19th
Good morning all....Well, I'm back to being worried.....DH's dad texted us and his sister that he was taking my BIL to the hospital last night. That was 8pm their time. A few mins later, he was in the ER. They thought something weird was going on with his stomach. Then later, it could be his pancreas or appendix. An hour later, they began a Cat Scan. 3 hrs later (1am Cali time), they found a mass on his appendix and he is scheduled for surgery first thing this morning. I'm just praying everything is okay....

Anybody scrapping today? Me - not sure, as we have lots going on today. I'd love to finish the layout I started last night. I already ran some quick errands - pharmacy for my pills and the vet's office for Jeffrey's pills and Lady Lou's remains. We had her cremated. Its bittersweet for us right now. I didn't cry....I'm okay....

In 30 mins, my SIL will be here to drop Max off while she takes Bella to the vet. Bella fell off the bed 3 nights ago and Thursday night my SIL felt a bump. That bump got larger yesterday. They don't want Max at the apt by himself. Can't wait to get puppy snuggles/kisses!Image

DH is now at work (his boss called him at 8:30 this morning Image), and when he gets home, we're headed into town. Late lunch or early dinner - not sure but DH wants to eat. LOL. Then we'll go to Academy (he needs jeans) and Cato's ("You need clothes" is what DH said...lol).

With all that said..not sure if I'll scrap or not!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

Sara Scraps

Cherry Bing

Re: Scrap-A-Day, July 19th
I really,really want to!Image I have my pictures and stamped pawprint for the Pet Challenge. And my Strawberry Fields line came while I was away. So I'd like to play with that a little and make a card with it.But I also have lots of thing to do here too, so we'll see. If not today, definitely tomorrow!
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap-A-Day, July 19th
andysmom wrote:I really,really want to!Image I have my pictures and stamped pawprint for the Pet Challenge. And my Strawberry Fields line came while I was away. So I'd like to play with that a little and make a card with it.But I also have lots of thing to do here too, so we'll see. If not today, definitely tomorrow!
 
Hope you find time to play. I know how it is when you have so much other stuff going on.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: Scrap-A-Day, July 19th
So sorry that your bil is back in the hospital again Brandy. I hope everything turns out to be okay.

I have a layout on my screen that I am working on. It is hard, but I heard a song the other day while I was reading all the kind words on my thread about Boomer, and I just got compelled to do this layout. I've been working on it on and off between things, hopefully I'll finish it today... or tomorrow.
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap-A-Day, July 19th
pawprints wrote:So sorry that your bil is back in the hospital again Brandy. I hope everything turns out to be okay.

I have a layout on my screen that I am working on. It is hard, but I heard a song the other day while I was reading all the kind words on my thread about Boomer, and I just got compelled to do this layout. I've been working on it on and off between things, hopefully I'll finish it today... or tomorrow.
 
Thank you Barb...the sit and wait part is the worse. AND the two hour time difference SUCKS!

I had a feeling that you might be doing a layout of Boomie.....when you told me about a song you heard....you're braver than I.....((HUGS))
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

ChrisC.

Cherry Addict

Re: Scrap-A-Day, July 19th
Sorry about your BIL Brandy.  I hope all turns out well.

I finished two layouts this morning and posted them along with one I had finished during the week.  So proud that I actually scrapped during the week and not just the weekend.  Now I need to go do some cleaning, then shower, go to the grocery store, visit my mom and then we are going out to dinner.  DH is in outside sales and got a really great order this week so we are going to celebrate.  Nothing like spending the commission check before we get it. Image  But actually he has done really well this year and he did get a bonus check on Friday for the 2nd quarter.  It's unbelieveable how much tax is taken out though.  All that hard work and most of it given to Uncle Sam!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

 ImageImageImage Image
 
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: Scrap-A-Day, July 19th
blbabe1234 wrote:
pawprints wrote:So sorry that your bil is back in the hospital again Brandy. I hope everything turns out to be okay.

I have a layout on my screen that I am working on. It is hard, but I heard a song the other day while I was reading all the kind words on my thread about Boomer, and I just got compelled to do this layout. I've been working on it on and off between things, hopefully I'll finish it today... or tomorrow.

 
Thank you Barb...the sit and wait part is the worse. AND the two hour time difference SUCKS!

I had a feeling that you might be doing a layout of Boomie.....when you told me about a song you heard....you're braver than I.....((HUGS))
It's actually about Boomie and Cidie. Sigh.
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap-A-Day, July 19th
emmapaige wrote:Sorry about your BIL Brandy.  I hope all turns out well.

I finished two layouts this morning and posted them along with one I had finished during the week.  So proud that I actually scrapped during the week and not just the weekend.  Now I need to go do some cleaning, then shower, go to the grocery store, visit my mom and then we are going out to dinner.  DH is in outside sales and got a really great order this week so we are going to celebrate.  Nothing like spending the commission check before we get it. Image  But actually he has done really well this year and he did get a bonus check on Friday for the 2nd quarter.  It's unbelieveable how much tax is taken out though.  All that hard work and most of it given to Uncle Sam!
 
Thank you Chris.

Wtg on all the scrapping
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap-A-Day, July 19th
pawprints wrote:
blbabe1234 wrote:
pawprints wrote:So sorry that your bil is back in the hospital again Brandy. I hope everything turns out to be okay.

I have a layout on my screen that I am working on. It is hard, but I heard a song the other day while I was reading all the kind words on my thread about Boomer, and I just got compelled to do this layout. I've been working on it on and off between things, hopefully I'll finish it today... or tomorrow.


 
Thank you Barb...the sit and wait part is the worse. AND the two hour time difference SUCKS!

I had a feeling that you might be doing a layout of Boomie.....when you told me about a song you heard....you're braver than I.....((HUGS))
It's actually about Boomie and Cidie. Sigh.
 
Double ((hugs))
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap-A-Day, July 19th
Hi girls! I am trying to scrap but I have a very determined pup who thinks we should play. She is winning. 
ImageImage 
 
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap-A-Day, July 19th
scrapy1967 wrote:Hi girls! I am trying to scrap but I have a very determined pup who thinks we should play. She is winning. 
 
Haha! Puppies ALWAYS win! Image
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap-A-Day, July 19th
Yes they do!! I have tired her out now and she is laying in her way to small dog bed. It is time to upgrade. Dh is back in bed too so I am going to get my scrap on. I have lots of new goodies to play with. I paid my scrapbooking fee for my T C cruise and now I am even more excited. 3 months and 27 days away!!!  I also just found out My minds eye is going to be on the cruise doing make and takes and also Ranger. She told us to bring an empty suitcase for our goodies we will be getting.
ImageImage 
 
User avatar

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap-A-Day, July 19th
Cocoa Daisy is have an open house crop and everyone is invited. Just register on their forum. If you do let me know and we can be entered to win a RAK . She will give us both one. I am a kit member.
ImageImage 
 
User avatar

koala1966

Cherry Delight

Re: Scrap-A-Day, July 19th
I hope everything goes ok with the surgery, Brandy.

I dug into my supplies last night looking for a piece of paper, and ended up going a whole different direction, lol. In fact I didn't even work on the same challenge I was planning. While I was in there, I started pulling out old supplies that I had to honestly admit I will not use, and I put them in a plastic bin to use for my next crop night with my nieces as our "Trash to Treasure" table. They loved that idea so much at the Expo crop, I thought it would be fun to do at home as well.

Here's the layout I ended up with last night, about to sit back down to start another one today.
Image
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: Scrap-A-Day, July 19th
So I never did go out and run my errands. Didn't feel like it. I instead stayed home and ate dark chocolate and finished scrapping the page I was working on. That's the beauty of digi, you can eat chocolate while you scrap without messing up your page.

My inspiration for this page came last week while I was reading all the posts on my My Sweet Boomer thread. As I was reading them the song "Over the Rainbow" came on, the version that starts "ooo, ooo, ooo, ooo". Hearing this while reading all the Cherry condolences hit really hard, and while reading with tears streaming down my face, I suddenly got inspiration to do this page. My babies are both together again on Rainbow Bridge.

Not for a challenge or anything. Just something I felt compelled to do.

Image
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

Berta R.

Cherry Bing

Re: Scrap-A-Day, July 19th
That's such an awesome and touching LO, Barb.  Even tho it makes me want to Image.  (((Hugs!!)))   I know that wasn't easy! 

I got a page done this afternoon, too.  On a much happier subject.  Gotta love 6 Flags/Magic Kingdom.  Our granddaughters sure do!

Image


 
***Berta***
Image
User avatar

MisasMom

Cherry Blossom

Re: Scrap-A-Day, July 19th
Barb, your memorial page with Boomer and Cider is beautiful!
Pat
User avatar

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap-A-Day, July 19th
Hey, cherries! I made it through the week long youth church camp, but I'm exhausted!! I'll have to play catch up over the next few days!

Sorry to hear about your BIL, Brandy.  Will be praying for him.
Kim

Image Image  
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap-A-Day, July 19th
scrapy1967 wrote:Yes they do!! I have tired her out now and she is laying in her way to small dog bed. It is time to upgrade. Dh is back in bed too so I am going to get my scrap on. I have lots of new goodies to play with. I paid my scrapbooking fee for my T C cruise and now I am even more excited. 3 months and 27 days away!!!  I also just found out My minds eye is going to be on the cruise doing make and takes and also Ranger. She told us to bring an empty suitcase for our goodies we will be getting.
 
Wow! That is awesome!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap-A-Day, July 19th
average_kim wrote:Hey, cherries! I made it through the week long youth church camp, but I'm exhausted!! I'll have to play catch up over the next few days!

Sorry to hear about your BIL, Brandy.  Will be praying for him.
 
Missed you Kim!

 
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee