Skip to main content
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

Brandy M.

Cherry Tart

Heidi Swapp Minc Question
I am loving the products for Heidi Swapp's new Minc machine!  I am not loving the price of the machine though considering it is just a laminator.  I was thinking that one could just use an iron on different heat settings to get the same effect.  Do you think it would work?  Do you know anyone who has tried it and had success?

 
User avatar

christinec68

Cherry Bomb

Re: Heidi Swapp Minc Question
$149 for her machine is nuts! I see it listed for the $119 and that is still is crazy overpriced.  

I have read where people used irons with success.

A regular $18-$30 laminator will work - I tested it last week.  I have a machine that does letter size which I purchased for $18 and I saw a 13" model that was $30.  
User avatar

Brandy M.

Cherry Tart

Re: Heidi Swapp Minc Question
I know!  Especially when I purchased a laminator with a ton of laminating sheets from Costco for under $30!  

I love Heidi Swapp, but not that much! LOL!

What kind of sheet did you use in your laminator?  The only sheets I have are the ones that would melt.
User avatar

christinec68

Cherry Bomb

Re: Heidi Swapp Minc Question
A piece of copy paper folded in half like a card. I put the design & the foil inside the fold and that end goes first. 
 
User avatar

Brandy M.

Cherry Tart

Re: Heidi Swapp Minc Question
Genius!  Thanks!
User avatar

christinec68

Cherry Bomb

Re: Heidi Swapp Minc Question
Sure!  I learned that from a Jennifer McGuire video on youtube.  She has 2 videos about foiling.  
Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee