Skip to main content
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Christmas in July Garland
I saw this garland on the Net and traced it back to this blog: http://kjerstislykke.blogspot.com/

It's made with a Martha Stewart punch that the shop has:
Image Image

Might be fun to make with kids for a Christmas tree garland. And then I just spotted this from Martha Stewart.com this morning using another one of her punches:

Image Cool, huh?


Lynda
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Christmas in July Garland
That punch is gorgeous! Super cool!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Christmas in July Garland
I have that first punch & never thought of using it like that! I actually have only used it once & thought of selling it- now I think I'll hang on to it!
User avatar

CherryTat

Cherry Cola

Re: Christmas in July Garland
What a great idea!!!!
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart
User avatar

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Re: Christmas in July Garland
I have to admit it - I like Martha Stewart punches.

Can't stand the woman herself - but her stuff is good and I lvoe her punches.

Saw some great ideas on using them on HSN - too bad I as so sleepy and can't rmemeber them........
Image
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
User avatar

ncokely

Cherry Cola

Re: Christmas in July Garland
Queen Mum wrote:I have to admit it - I like Martha Stewart punches.

Can't stand the woman herself - but her stuff is good and I lvoe her punches.

Saw some great ideas on using them on HSN - too bad I as so sleepy and can't rmemeber them........
My sentiments exactly----looooovvvvvve the punches, just can't handle HER!!!!
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

Image
User avatar

cort

Cherry Bing

Re: Christmas in July Garland
very cool...but now i want to buy more punches...LOL :-DTFS
ImageImage
User avatar

cort

Cherry Bing

Re: Christmas in July Garland
ncokely wrote:
Queen Mum wrote:I have to admit it - I like Martha Stewart punches.

Can't stand the woman herself - but her stuff is good and I lvoe her punches.

Saw some great ideas on using them on HSN - too bad I as so sleepy and can't rmemeber them........
My sentiments exactly----looooovvvvvve the punches, just can't handle HER!!!!


agreed!
ImageImage
User avatar

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Re: Christmas in July Garland
Those are very cool..I might actually have to spring for one of her punches!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.
 
User avatar

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

Re: Christmas in July Garland
That puts a very cool spin on an old childhood favorite!!! I have one of her punches that will work perfect.
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11



User avatar

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

Re: Christmas in July Garland
I have the first punch. I think I'll have to try making the garland.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]




 
User avatar

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

Re: Christmas in July Garland
This is a simple and quick gift to make.


Image





Used a burner cover and put scrapbooking paper over it and painted the sides. Made the flower maagnets and the clothespin magnet for lists, reminders, appointments,etc.I attached a tab from a soda can and passed a ribbon through it so that I could hang it. I got this idea from Kitchen Keepsakes
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]




 
User avatar

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Christmas in July Garland
Cute projects! I'm getting that punch - have to see if I can come up with something.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom


 
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: Christmas in July Garland
How cool! I used to make ring garlands out of colored paper when I was a teen and then hang them in my room! This punched version brings it to a whole new level! They are soooooo cool and so delicate! I have both of those punches (what a surprise) and I will have to make those. I am imagining how they would look using silver and gold for an elegant look. Awesome!

Ever since I'm a kid just give me paper and scissors and and I'd be totally thrilled, and it hasn't changed. I tell dh that if they had all this stuff when I was a kid I would never have gone to school lol! I agree that Martha's punches really rock! When I was working on my grandmother's album I was always sitting in a pile of punch confetti, and I had the prettiest garbage in my wastebasket lol!
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

Re: Christmas in July Garland
What a neat idea...thanks Lynda!

Hey, what about if we do a Crafty Christmas Gift idea exchange sometime in Aug? We could each post a step by step with some pics for a project that can be completed in say, an hour, that makes a great, quick Christmas gift?

Should I repost this as a sep. thread so those who did not read this could play too?
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE
User avatar

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Christmas in July Garland
JulesinParadise wrote:What a neat idea...thanks Lynda!

Hey, what about if we do a Crafty Christmas Gift idea exchange sometime in Aug? We could each post a step by step with some pics for a project that can be completed in say, an hour, that makes a great, quick Christmas gift?

Should I repost this as a sep. thread so those who did not read this could play too?

Love this idea, Jules! I think picking the date for the August gift idea exchange should be done by August 1st so that it could be publicized for a couple of weeks. That time could be spent selecting the idea to exchange, writing up the tutorial and taking the pictures. You pick the date and I'll try to be one of the tutors.


Lynda
User avatar

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

Re: Christmas in July Garland
Fantastic Lynda...we've made snowmen luminaries out of hurricane glass, glitter (like ACOT has in the store) and some odds and ends...they turn out pretty cute and only take about half an hour each to 45 min.

Will repost this as a sep. thread

Will need help bringing it to the top...thanks
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE
User avatar

ncokely

Cherry Cola

Re: Christmas in July Garland
JulesinParadise wrote:What a neat idea...thanks Lynda!

Hey, what about if we do a Crafty Christmas Gift idea exchange sometime in Aug? We could each post a step by step with some pics for a project that can be completed in say, an hour, that makes a great, quick Christmas gift?

Should I repost this as a sep. thread so those who did not read this could play too?
Sounds good to me---I just wanted to have an idea exchange for Christmas when I suggested the Christmas in July thread!!
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

Image
User avatar

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Christmas in July Garland
I'm in the minority, but I actually like Martha. Don't hate me. ;)
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: Christmas in July Garland
SarahA wrote:I'm in the minority, but I actually like Martha. Don't hate me. ;)


We could never hate you Sarah!!
Image

Image Image Image  

 
Post Reply

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee