ACOT has broadened so many horizons for me. I have never done a single page layout, until ACOT. I had never gotten into the mists and inking techniques, until ACOT. I love that this webiste is a large community, yet still has a hometown feel.
I learn so much. Not to knock my roots, but the LSS I used to be a part of (before they closed) was a small group with narrow vision. They were good, but all the styles were very similar, and there was alot of follow the leader. It was a great introduction, but I am glad that ACOT has given me such a wonderful opportunity to grow.
ACOT is a wonderful place! I agree. We have so many cherries here and they all have different styles. Joy! And we are all encouraged to scrap according to our own style yet have an open mind to new techniques and challenges.
Bibi
1grandma wrote:ACOT is a wonderful place! I agree. We have so many cherries here and they all have different styles. Joy! And we are all encouraged to scrap according to our own style yet have an open mind to new techniques and challenges.
Well said BiBi!! I agree too!!
- joannie






joannie wrote:1grandma wrote:ACOT is a wonderful place! I agree. We have so many cherries here and they all have different styles. Joy! And we are all encouraged to scrap according to our own style yet have an open mind to new techniques and challenges.
Well said BiBi!! I agree too!!
Totally agree!
Brandy





1grandma wrote:ACOT is a wonderful place! I agree. We have so many cherries here and they all have different styles. Joy! And we are all encouraged to scrap according to our own style yet have an open mind to new techniques and challenges.
Well said. I too love ACOT! I have found myself trying things too, and adding techniques that I never did before. And circles, I'm not afraid of sketches with circles anymore! lol.
And I've actually started DRAWING sketches. I've always just kinda laid things out on my page, but now I'm starting to draw them out. Maybe someone wants to see what I've got in my head ya know? And If I can sketch it and get it on paper, I can get it outta my head and make room for new things!
All thanks to ACOT. Definitely a pretty awesome place
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).
2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card.
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted
2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card.
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)
My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted
The hunting for cherries has also given me an in-depth intro to different product lines--& I've bought some of them, too!
Whole heartedly agree and am so Thankful myself!
- Jillian
I know just what you mean! As a scrapper, I have grown so much, and that truly is thanks to this site!!!! It has built my confidence in myself, which in turns makes me feel comfortable enough to try new things!
Susan

That is the top of my list of "scrapbooking rules" - There is no wrong way to scrapbook, if you like, it is right!! #2 is use acid free for anything that touches your photos. I love seeing what others like and learning and scraplifing from the best.
Tina
I am so glad you feel that way! I had a similar experience! After I started scrapping, I went to group crops, but it was all Creative Memories croppers, and that's all everyone used. It got old fast. But this was a good 15 years ago also. Then I also had no lss other than an ACMoore with a limited supply at the time. So, a little more time goes by and I started doing Internet searches for local scrappers, local lss's. I found a semi-local board group and place to shop, scrap. I started shopping there and scrapped there and met my first Cherry! By then I had dropped the other local online group (they were snooty and were too busy backstabbing each other- and I had found ACOT and fell in love here instead)

Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!

view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/

view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/
It truly is an amazing lil community! Since becoming more involved (not just shopping in the fabulous store, that is) at the beginning of June I have gotten more layouts done in 3 weeks than I have since the beginning of the year.
Everyone is so welcoming, inspiring and encouraging, and the challenges are learning experiences, not to mention great fun!
Also love the cherry point system for savings in the store, what an addiction!
Everyone is so welcoming, inspiring and encouraging, and the challenges are learning experiences, not to mention great fun!
Also love the cherry point system for savings in the store, what an addiction!
Karrie

Information
Moderators












