Skip to main content
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Ohuhu markers
I noticed the Ohuhu markers that just showed up in the store. The alcohol markers are so much cheaper than Copics. Has anyone used them? How do they compare to copics? Do they blend as well and last as long?
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

 
User avatar

lisn2cats

Cherry Bomb

Re: Ohuhu markers
I love the Ohuhu markers and think they are the most comparable to the more expensive Copic ones. I was gifted my first set of 196 or 200 markers a couple of years ago and have since purchased the large new set because.....they have brush tips!!! I'm not sure why I was and am so excited by that, but I am. They blend very nicely, are easy to hold, and come in a very handy, usable, bag/case. If Ic an find my swatch sheeet before I take off tomorrow, I'll post here.
Image  ImageImage
User avatar

Cindy312

Cherry Blossom

Re: Ohuhu markers
I LOVE Ohuhu markers... all Ohuhu products, for that matter. I have a ton of reviews on my blog if you're interested: https://www.cindyderosier.com/search?q=ohuhu
User avatar

lisn2cats

Cherry Bomb

Re: Ohuhu markers
OH! And there are refills too (though slightly limited in colors - I think 100 so far)
Image  ImageImage
User avatar

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Ohuhu markers
Cindy312 wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 16, 2026 11:37 am
I LOVE Ohuhu markers... all Ohuhu products, for that matter. I have a ton of reviews on my blog if you're interested: https://www.cindyderosier.com/search?q=ohuhu

Thank you. The Honolulu review was useful, I couldn’t the review for the other ones, Kaala or whatever they were called. What is the difference between the 2 types?
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

 
User avatar

Cindy312

Cherry Blossom

Re: Ohuhu markers
The Honolulus are brush/chisel and have a larger color range (320). The Kaalas are fine/chisel. Both are great and I frequently use them together. 
User avatar

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Ohuhu markers
Cindy312 wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 16, 2026 12:47 pm
The Honolulus are brush/chisel and have a larger color range (320). The Kaalas are fine/chisel. Both are great and I frequently use them together. 

Got it. I like the brush, that's what I mostly use with my copics
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

 
User avatar

DrSonja

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Ohuhu markers
What about the acrylic markers? Are those more like the Posca type? Solid, unblendable, can be used over media without showing through?
Image  Image Image
User avatar

Cindy312

Cherry Blossom

Re: Ohuhu markers
Their acrylic markers are amazing! Specifically the Nahukus. I absolutely love them. 

https://www.cindyderosier.com/2025/02/d ... ahuku.html
1 user liked this post:
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: Ohuhu markers
Cindy312 wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 16, 2026 6:49 pm
Their acrylic markers are amazing! Specifically the Nahukus. I absolutely love them. 

https://www.cindyderosier.com/2025/02/d ... ahuku.html

Wow Cindy. You sold me on those acrylic markers!
1 user liked this post:
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

DrSonja

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Ohuhu markers
Are the Nahukas in the store?
 
Image  Image Image
User avatar

Cindy312

Cherry Blossom

Re: Ohuhu markers
No, I don't see them. The ones in the store look like the Akaka series, which I don't like nearly as much as the Nahukas. It's strange that the packaging and store description don't include the style name. 
User avatar

Cindy312

Cherry Blossom

Re: Ohuhu markers
No, I don't see them. The ones in the store look like the Akaka series, which I don't like nearly as much as the Nahukas. It's strange that the packaging and store description don't include the style name. 
Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee