Skip to main content
World Card Making Day SALE! Take 15% off the regular price of everything, or 20% off orders $100+ with codeWCMD
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/2000
User avatar

stinkerbelle

Cherry Cola

Kit with a Twist-new for AUGUST *WINNER ADDED*
Thanks to everyone who played along!  The winner is scrappinmom99/Anne-Marie!  Congrats!  Your GC has been sent; please let me know you've received it  😊


Hey cherries!  I have a new challenge for you for the month of August.  Posting a bit early because it will require you to gather supplies ahead of time.  And I want to be transparent and say I got this idea from Nicole Mackin many years ago but I really enjoy this process and hope you will too!

We're going to be building our own kits, so first I'd like you to:
  1. gather 6 coordinating papers-full sheets only, no scraps
  2. split the 6 papers into one set of 3 papers, one set of 2 papers and one single paper
  3. choose embellishments, as many as you'd like, and add to each set of paper 
  4. Take a photo of your supplies!

Now you're ready to play but here's where the twist comes in   😉
  1. Begin creating with your set of 3 papers + embellishments. You are limited to these supplies only!* Scrap with these supplies until you have cut into or used each paper in your pile at least once.
  2. Now you can start using your set of 2 papers, but you can add in all the leftovers from your first pile, so now you have lots of new color/pattern combinations, new embellies, etc. Same rules apply; scrap until you’ve cut into and used both of the papers from your pile (scraps from the previous pile don’t count).
  3. When you reach that point, move on to the single paper and scrap until you kill the kit! Kit is considered killed once you cut into and use that last sheet of paper.  
  4. Take a photo of your leftovers!

*cardstock, title options and mixed media do not count; use these freely

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!  I'll put my paper/embellishment choices below if you need a more visual representation.

RULES:
  1. Open to scrapbooking, card making, journals, etc.
  2. Can combine with any challenge that allows combining, as well as the team challenge, 100 papers, and 30 prompts
  3. IMPORTANT-photos of your supplies, including your leftovers, are required to be eligible for a $5 ACOT gift card from me

You can create one post and update with photos of your kit and leftovers, plus the projects you create.





 
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image
User avatar

stinkerbelle

Cherry Cola

Re: Kit with a Twist-new for AUGUST
photos of my supplies and leftovers

Image my six papers
Image my 3 sets of papers
Image my set of 3 papers plus a ton of embellies
Image 2 papers and embellies
Image single sheet of paper and 1 embellishment
Image and my leftovers
Image Image
Image Image
5 users liked this post:
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Kit with a Twist-new for AUGUST
Stacey! What a clever challenge!!!! I’m really hoping I can do this! 
1 user liked this post:
Image
User avatar

SandyJay

Cherry Cola

Re: Kit with a Twist-new for AUGUST
This is a great challenge, Stacy!!  
1 user liked this post:
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Kit with a Twist-new for AUGUST
This is a great challenge, especially for me!  
1 user liked this post:
    ImageImage
User avatar

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Kit with a Twist-new for AUGUST
this seems fun!

A few questions:
1. Do we need to choose our kit before August starts? Or just before we start using the kit?
2. It seems like we are making at least 3 layouts for this challenge. Can each be combined with a different challenge, one per layout?

Glad that mixed media is a freebee. Otherwise I would be adding lots of inks to each kit.
1 user liked this post:
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

 
User avatar

stinkerbelle

Cherry Cola

Re: Kit with a Twist-new for AUGUST
trainmom wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 28, 2026 9:04 am
this seems fun!

A few questions:
1. Do we need to choose our kit before August starts? Or just before we start using the kit?
2. It seems like we are making at least 3 layouts for this challenge. Can each be combined with a different challenge, one per layout?

Glad that mixed media is a freebee. Otherwise I would be adding lots of inks to each kit.

1.  if you want to wait until the regular monthly challenges start to drop before making up your kit, feel free.  as long as you post a photo of your kit and leftovers, you're good to go!
2.  you can combine however you'd like to combine (as long as other challenges allow)

hope this answers your questions but if not, ask away lol
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Kit with a Twist-new for AUGUST
I like this!  Maybe it will get me using my paper supplies more...I definitely need to do that!  lol  Question:  the photo of leftovers only has to include paper scraps?  Not the leftover embellies?
1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

LMTscraps

Cherry Picker

Re: Kit with a Twist-new for AUGUST
This is great!! I often put up to 1000 steps going back and forth for the "perfect" paper and supplies. A kit will cut the walk time and increase the work time!
2 users liked this post:
User avatar

stinkerbelle

Cherry Cola

Re: Kit with a Twist-new for AUGUST
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 28, 2026 11:28 am
I like this!  Maybe it will get me using my paper supplies more...I definitely need to do that!  lol  Question:  the photo of leftovers only has to include paper scraps?  Not the leftover embellies?

i hope you enjoy it  😊

you can include leftover embellies if you'd like but my pile would have been massive lol so i did not.
1 user liked this post:
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image
User avatar

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

Re: Kit with a Twist-new for AUGUST
Oooh, fantastic challenge! And like you, I scrap 8x11 so this will hopefully encourage me to use a whole piece of patterned paper for the background and not hoard it lol. 
1 user liked this post:
Happy Scrapping, cherries!
Hugs, Anne-Marie
User avatar

Jael Luvs2create

Cherry Berry

Re: Kit with a Twist-new for AUGUST
I really love this challenge!  Would it be ok if I have more paper left over than most, I scrap 8x8.  Even if I used a whole sheet for my background I will still have lots left over.
1 user liked this post:
Image  Image
 
User avatar

stinkerbelle

Cherry Cola

Re: Kit with a Twist-new for AUGUST
JCal wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:04 pm
I really love this challenge!  Would it be ok if I have more paper left over than most, I scrap 8x8.  Even if I used a whole sheet for my background I will still have lots left over.

as an 8.5x11 scrapper, i get it!  and yes, it will be fine.  if you looked at my photos, i had quite a bit left. 
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image
User avatar

Jael Luvs2create

Cherry Berry

Re: Kit with a Twist-new for AUGUST
stinkerbelle wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:25 pm
JCal wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:04 pm
I really love this challenge!  Would it be ok if I have more paper left over than most, I scrap 8x8.  Even if I used a whole sheet for my background I will still have lots left over.

as an 8.5x11 scrapper, i get it!  and yes, it will be fine.  if you looked at my photos, i had quite a bit left.  
Thank you for the responds, will see what I can come up with.
 
1 user liked this post:
Image  Image
 
User avatar

MTCanuk

Cherry Cropper

Re: Kit with a Twist-new for AUGUST
Looks interesting.  Have to remember to  pick product after my sister leaves tomorrow.
1 user liked this post:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

 
User avatar

DrSonja

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Kit with a Twist-new for AUGUST
This is a very cool challenge!
As I am primarily a card maker, I envision this turning into some nice giftable collections of coordinating cards. Like, maybe packets of 6 cards that can mix and match. How fun!
2 users liked this post:
Image  Image Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Kit with a Twist-new for AUGUST
This was a fantastic way to use a bunch of stash, plus I love that even though I didn't do a double page layout, the two sides coordinate!  I am wondering if you will let us do more than one of these this month?

My papers:
Image
My groups of 3, 2, 1, from top to bottom:
Image
Each group with embellies:
Image
Image
Image
Paper I had left:
Image
I even used the rest of the green paper in another layout to face the 3rd page!

My 3 layouts, in order:
Image
Image
Image
1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

stinkerbelle

Cherry Cola

Re: Kit with a Twist-new for AUGUST
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 04, 2026 11:59 am
This was a fantastic way to use a bunch of stash, plus I love that even though I didn't do a double page layout, the two sides coordinate!  I am wondering if you will let us do more than one of these this month?

My papers:
Image
My groups of 3, 2, 1, from top to bottom:
Image
Each group with embellies:
ImageImageImage
Paper I had left:
Image
I even used the rest of the green paper in another layout to face the 3rd page!

My 3 layouts, in order:
ImageImageImage

lovely layouts! and kudos for using up so much stuff!  i hadn't thought about anyone doing it more than once, but i say go for it!
1 user liked this post:
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image
User avatar

Breauxlabs

Cherry Bomb

Re: Kit with a Twist-new for AUGUST
Here are my papers and embellies:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


I love this challenge… doing it again!

My Leftovers

Image

Set 1
Image

Image

Set 2
Image

Set 3
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

 
1 user liked this post:
Kim
ImageImage
User avatar

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

Re: Kit with a Twist-new for AUGUST
Quick question before I start putting my kit together...would a full sheet of cutaparts be allowed as one of our papers? 
1 user liked this post:
Happy Scrapping, cherries!
Hugs, Anne-Marie
Post Reply

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee