Skip to main content
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

February Progressive Challenge - Step 4
If you have not yet completed step 3, go to this thread and complete it before reading further

viewtopic.php?t=281700&p=5381778&nonoti ... 2#p5381778

For this step, you will complete your layout doing the following things:
  1. adhere all of your photos to the layout. If you would like to add photo mats, you may. If you planned ahead for your paper to be a photo mat, that is fine. If you have your photos printed with a white border, that is fine too. You may crop your photos if you want or leave them the original size.
  2. Add at least 3 embellishments (but you may add more if you want), embellishments can be pre-made, home-made, die-cut papers, stamped/cut images, stickers or just about anything you consider an embellishment)
  3. Add exactly 2 of the following:
    • title
    • journaling (may be in a box that you add or straight onto the background)
    • date 
That is it, your layout should be done. post an image in the gallery and on this thread.

Here is my example.  There is a gold photo mat on the lower photo and white border between the upper photos because they were printed that way. My embellishments are 3 (very old) Prima flower centers, die-cut arrow, and 3 champagne drops. I have journaling and the date but no title. 
Image

If you have any questions, please ask.

Your final layout must be posted to this thread by midnight EST on February 28.

You may combined with one other challenge that allows combining plus any of the long list things. (you know what I mean)

 
3 users liked this post:
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

 
User avatar

sherriscraps

Cherry Bing

Re: February Progressive Challenge - Step 4
I added chipboard, magic mesh (can you say way back supplies....), sticker and washi
added title (camp) and date

Image
1 user liked this post:
Retired, scrapping and happy!
Sherri 
Image
User avatar

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

Re: February Progressive Challenge - Step 4
For the journaling...does it have to be a box or can it be strips?
Happy Scrapping, cherries!
Hugs, Anne-Marie
User avatar

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

Re: February Progressive Challenge - Step 4
sherriscraps wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 20, 2026 11:04 pm
I added chipboard, magic mesh (can you say way back supplies....), sticker and washi
added title (camp) and date

Image

Omg I used to raid DH's toolbox for the drywall tape back in the day LOL
Happy Scrapping, cherries!
Hugs, Anne-Marie
User avatar

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: February Progressive Challenge - Step 4
scrappinmom99 wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 20, 2026 11:21 pm
For the journaling...does it have to be a box or can it be strips?

Strips are fine
1 user liked this post:
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

 
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: February Progressive Challenge - Step 4
trainmom wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 20, 2026 11:12 am
If you have not yet completed step 3, go to this thread and complete it before reading further

viewtopic.php?t=281700&p=5381778&nonoti ... 2#p5381778

For this step, you will complete your layout doing the following things:
  1. adhere all of your photos to the layout. If you would like to add photo mats, you may. If you planned ahead for your paper to be a photo mat, that is fine. If you have your photos printed with a white border, that is fine too. You may crop your photos if you want or leave them the original size.
  2. Add at least 3 embellishments (but you may add more if you want), embellishments can be pre-made, home-made, die-cut papers, stamped/cut images, stickers or just about anything you consider an embellishment)
  3. Add exactly 2 of the following:
    • title
    • journaling (may be in a box that you add or straight onto the background)
    • date 
That is it, your layout should be done. post an image in the gallery and on this thread.

Here is my example.  There is a gold photo mat on the lower photo and white border between the upper photos because they were printed that way. My embellishments are 3 (very old) Prima flower centers, die-cut arrow, and 3 champagne drops. I have journaling and the date but no title. 
Image

If you have any questions, please ask.

Your final layout must be posted to this thread by midnight EST on February 28.

You may combined with one other challenge that allows combining plus any of the long list things. (you know what I mean)

  

Love the way your layout turned out with all the gold, very pretty. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Re: February Progressive Challenge - Step 4
Step 4 and completed!

I chose title and date, matted and attached my photos, and for the 3 embellishments, I chose white stitch rub ons, enamel dots and stickers, flat and puffy.

Image
1 user liked this post:
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
User avatar

FoxyStamping

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: February Progressive Challenge - Step 4
Here is mine.  So fun! For embellishments, I added stickers, fussy cut flowers that were already cut out in my stash, a tag, leaves, a butterfly.  I added the title, and a journaling block.  Thank you so much for doing the progressive challenge.
Van Gogh Magic : Gallery : A Cherry On Top

Image
Sharon
Blog: Foxy Stamping
  Image                    Image            
User avatar

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: February Progressive Challenge - Step 4
Here is how my layout turned out.
I added a title and journaling.
Image
 
1 user liked this post:
- joannie

  Image Image ImageImageImage
User avatar

wendycrowe

Cherry Bomb

Re: February Progressive Challenge - Step 4
Here is my completed page:

Image

I used journaling and added the date.
2 users liked this post:
ImageImage
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: February Progressive Challenge - Step 4
I chose a title and journaling. My embellishments I added were heart brads, snowflake brads, flowers, a piece of ephemera (left side) and a piece of washi tape (right side). This is much more busy than I usually like, but I think it turned out well. The photo colors are a bit off (that pinky purple is not that bright), due to our ugly, grey day, but overall, I like it!
Image
 
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: February Progressive Challenge - Step 4
Really LOVE how this turned out! Thank you so much for the challenge Louise!

I used a few pieces of ephemera and stickers. I added journaling around my photo and my title is "Nice Kitty".

Image
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

SandyK1967

Cherry Garcia

Re: February Progressive Challenge - Step 4
Finished! 
1.  I did crop the photos and add a white mat. 
2.  I added lots of washi tape, enamel dots, and stickers (paw prints). 
3. I did a title, and journaling.

I'm happy with it!  I combined with the Pet challenge.  Thanks for this, I love the progressive challenges.

Image
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋Image
 
User avatar

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

Re: February Progressive Challenge - Step 4
I used stickers, twine, sequins, washi, and die cuts. Exactly 2: journaling and date

This was another fun progressive challenge! I love going along each step not knowing what's next but being forced to trust the process LOL! (We all know me and my decision paralysis -- just tell me exactly what to do, haha!) I'm not a big mixed media user but I really like how this all turned out, even though it was far from what was in my head. 

Image
Happy Scrapping, cherries!
Hugs, Anne-Marie
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: February Progressive Challenge - Step 4
Add at least 3 embellishments (but you may add more if you want), embellishments can be pre-made, home-made, die-cut papers, stamped/cut images, stickers or just about anything you consider an embellishment)
3 different washi tapes, 2 swirled paper clips, 6 puffy stars, 2 candles
  1. Add exactly 2 of the following:
    • title
    • journaling (may be in a box that you add or straight onto the background)
Image
 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

DN in MN

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: February Progressive Challenge - Step 4
Here is my finished layout.  I have a title and the date.  I used 1 die cut arrow, 3 flowers, 3 brads, photo strips, and tiny hearts. 
Image
1 user liked this post:
ImageImage  Image
Word of 2026 - MINDFUL 
 
User avatar

Cynthia Corbett

Cherry Picker

Re: February Progressive Challenge - Step 4
Here is my finished layout
 I used title and journaling.
My embellies are rhine stones on the title and on the little snowflakes of the journaling. Tiny showflake buttons and a lsnowflake charm off the last journaling strip.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

Re: February Progressive Challenge - Step 4
I chose title and date.
I have 3 butterflies, 4 flowers, and 3 strips of words;
Image
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]




 
User avatar

GayleChurches

Cherry Berry

Re: February Progressive Challenge - Step 4
I used 3+ embellishments: stamped and fussy cut trees, metal buttons, metal die cut mesh behind the lower photo, tag with a sticker and house cut from patterned paper and floss for the bow.  I used journaling and a date, no title.
Image
ImageImageImage
User avatar

CraftingMyStories

Cherry Blossom

Re: February Progressive Challenge - Step 4
I added a title and journaling. For embellishments I added enamel dots, chipboard and ribbon. 

I can't figure out how to add a photo on my phone, but the layout is in my gallery in the same post as the other steps of this challenge. I'll add it here when I get to my computer on Sunday

ImageHere it is:
Image
Cheers, Lydia
Doing what I can, where I am, with what I have
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee