Wish I didn't love scrap magazines so much. Even with all the ideas on the internet, I love the print copies too, or even more.
They obviously have no shame! I just got an email saying that I need to "pay my bill" for my subscription then they will be able to send my "9 free gifts". It takes you to a link with an invoice that has no begin/end dates for the subscription whatsoever. Then I remembered that I ordered the mag through Magazines.com, so of course I paid up front. And I'm only 1 magazine into the 1-year subscription! I hate the shadiness of magazine subscriptions, all the "best deal we're going to offer" crap they send in the mail. And now this massively deceitful email.
Wish I didn't love scrap magazines so much. Even with all the ideas on the internet, I love the print copies too, or even more.
Wish I didn't love scrap magazines so much. Even with all the ideas on the internet, I love the print copies too, or even more.
- Angie - Come read my blog!
wow that's too bad, is there an 800 # you can contact in subscriptions? Too bad an email from them is on the road to ruining the experience!
I just bought Scrapbooks ETC thru a tanga.com deal and at the same moment dh decided to pick up the bill that came with my last mag and order me a subscription - so now I have a 2 year but it was very inexpensive under tanga.com so I was ok with it. But they are already sending 'offers' with my mag and I've only had it 1 month on the new contract!
Turns me off too!
PS: I hope the 9 free gifts are really cool
I just bought Scrapbooks ETC thru a tanga.com deal and at the same moment dh decided to pick up the bill that came with my last mag and order me a subscription - so now I have a 2 year but it was very inexpensive under tanga.com so I was ok with it. But they are already sending 'offers' with my mag and I've only had it 1 month on the new contract!
Turns me off too!
PS: I hope the 9 free gifts are really cool
that drives me crazy too....i can never remember when they run out. so i've started writing it in my check register so i have a rough idea when i sent the check how long the subscription should last.
but it's irritating....i mean if i'm already subscribing how about rewarding my loyalty instead?
but it's irritating....i mean if i'm already subscribing how about rewarding my loyalty instead?

Totally agree- I have started keeping track of my subs now too. I just subscribed to a magazine a few months ago- I think I've gotten 2 issues, and they are already sending me "your subscription is about to run out" mail-- geez! Quit with all the mail and save a few bucks and lower the price of the subs. I don't subscribe to any scrappy magazines anymore- I just use galleries on multiple sites for ideas.
I used to get a lot of scrapping magazines, but I found as much inspiration here as I did in the magazines. Plus, when I was subscribed to scrapbooks etc, it kept showing up at the stores a full week BEFORE I got mine as a subscriber! I'm sorry, but I think the subscribers should get their copies first! So I quit subscribing and only buy them when they really strike a spot in me.
I totally agree. I love to be able to pick up a mag at any time and read it, look at pics, check out ideas, etc. I keep several by my bed, in the car, and in the bathroom! Anyplace that I might read. I just don't like to look at a computer so much. I get on and off the computer about 20 times a day, but don't really stay on it. I know that I check ACOT at least 20 times everyday. That is why I don't sign out.
Bibi
Yep me too. I only get one magazine (Scrapbooks Etc.) but my hubby gets a ton of different hunting magazines and I have to keep track of them. I hate when magazines try to get you to pay when you just did.cort wrote:that drives me crazy too....i can never remember when they run out. so i've started writing it in my check register so i have a rough idea when i sent the check how long the subscription should last.
but it's irritating....i mean if i'm already subscribing how about rewarding my loyalty instead?
Nope, magazines have no shame. One even automatically renewed my subscription and sent me a bill. If they had sent me a renewal notice, I probably would have renewed it. Now I'm ignoring them.
Heidi





I only take two scrappy magazines now, but I still can't keep up with when the subscription is going to run out. I've probably paid double before without even realizing it. Just like when charities send a bill. I pay it and then get another one shortly afterwards. I end up giving to the same charities over and over again all year. I finally started writing down which ones I've already donated to. They keep calling me and thanking me for my "last years" donation and want to know how much I can donate "this year". As it turned out, I've already donated 3 times "this year". I've got to get more organized and start keeping up with this stuff. I need to keep a list of the charities I've already donated to by the phone so I can tell them not to send anything.
I've noticed that the address label if you look closely has the last month of your subscription on it - hope that helps some
Besides - aren't all gifts free?
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
I get CK mag and love it but I bet yo they just need to catch up with that... I had an incident where I missed out on 2 issues in a row and sent them an email directly. They sent me an email back within 24 hours and were really great about it, saying they were extending my membership. I know when I have updaded my renewal and sent a check in for payment, it takes a while for that check to go through... they are probably slow with their processing 
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!

view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/

view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/
I'm sorry you had a bad experience.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!
[highlight=#000000][/highlight]
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!
[highlight=#000000][/highlight]
Information
Moderators










