Skip to main content
World Card Making Day SALE! Take 15% off the regular price of everything, or 20% off orders $100+ with codeWCMD
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/2000
User avatar

The Scrap Attack

Cherry Picker

February 2024 Taylor Swift Challenge
Hi scrappers! This marks month two of me hosting a scrapbooking challenge. We had over a hundred entries last month which is absolutely insane! Thanks for playing along with me!

Image

This month's challenge is all about the color red which is also a T.S. album and hit single.  

Losing him was blue, like I'd never known
Missing him was dark gray, all alone
Forgetting him was like trying to know
Somebody you never met
But loving him was red 

This month's challenge is to use the color red in your project. Since blue and gray are also featured in the lyrics, those colors can be used as well but red should be your primary color. Any shade of red, blue and gray are fine. Black, white and metallics are ok too, but again, the majority of your project should be red. 

Here is a sample page where  used red, gray and blue.

 Image

Participating Cherries:
  1. stinkerbelle
  2. stinkerbelle
  3. lisn2cats
  4. Karyn_Sue
  5. lisn2cats
  6. Deanna13
  7. GinniG *Winner*
  8. Deanna13
  9. Deanna13
  10. QueenBee89
  11. Trek
  12. aheatfan
  13. Breauxlabs
  14. aztam
  15. wazzu94
  16. wendycrowe
  17. Krystle
  18. Jolly Holly Scraps
  19. Deanna13
  20. CathyG89
  21. emmapaige
  22. Donna_Coughlin
  23. ScrappyRN74
  24. karen c.
  25. VALERIE 03/22
  26. blfonty
  27. MrsFleck
  28. BreauxLabs
  29. AnneMichelle
  30. LoreenC
  31. blbabe1234
  32. JA_Mehess
  33. Wazzu94
  34. Skinnaman
  35. hsblair
  36. stinkerbelle
  37. Amy Jo
  38. lilkoala3
  39. Nana01
 
This can be combined with one monthly challenge that allows combining. 

Must be a new creation. No back linking old projects. Scrapbook layouts, cards, arts journal pages etc. welcome!

Multiple entries are allowed. 

Must post to this thread by 2/29/24. 

If you have any questions, either post your questions here in this thread or send me a pm. 

One lucky winner of this challenge will (chosen randomly via random.org) receive a $5 ACOT gift card.

Have fun and I can't wait to see what you create.
Image Image ImageImage
User avatar

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: February 2024 Taylor Swift Challenge
Sounds like a good challenge for the month of February! 💘
- joannie

  Image Image ImageImageImage
User avatar

QueenBee89

Cherry Cola

Re: February 2024 Taylor Swift Challenge
Ooooo I’m seeing Valentines layouts with this one! 
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image
ImageImage
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: February 2024 Taylor Swift Challenge
Great challenge!  My mood challenge project from January would have been perfect for this challenge.  I'll have to come up with something new.
    ImageImage
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: February 2024 Taylor Swift Challenge
Have something in mind already that will feature Taylor's boyfriend  💕
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

shoorn

Cherry Cola

Re: February 2024 Taylor Swift Challenge
My 2nd one. I used Stickles glitter glue on the 2 large flowers of the card - hard to see
Sorry posted in Feb when it should be Jan. Fixed
Hi everyone!     My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

  ImageImage   ImageImage


Image




 
User avatar

Trek

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: February 2024 Taylor Swift Challenge
shoorn wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:37 pm
My 2nd one. I used Stickles glitter glue on the 2 large flowers of the card - hard to see
Image

Susan, it's February challenge and your submission is for January.
Katerina
User avatar

shoorn

Cherry Cola

Re: February 2024 Taylor Swift Challenge
Trek wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:41 pm
shoorn wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:37 pm
My 2nd one. I used Stickles glitter glue on the 2 large flowers of the card - hard to see
Image

Susan, it's February challenge and your submission is for January. 
Yikes - that's what I gfet for trying to hurray. Thanks
 
Hi everyone!     My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

  ImageImage   ImageImage


Image




 
User avatar

ChrisC.

Cherry Addict

Re: February 2024 Taylor Swift Challenge
This will be fun. Since I'm in the middle of organizing my Christmas stash, I found lots of oldies but goodies that include red. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

 ImageImageImage Image
 
User avatar

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: February 2024 Taylor Swift Challenge
Wrong challenge!
Leslie
User avatar

shoorn

Cherry Cola

Re: February 2024 Taylor Swift Challenge
lilkoala3 wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:17 pm
Image
Glitter washi tape
You did the same thing I did. This should be Jan challenge
 
Hi everyone!     My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

  ImageImage   ImageImage


Image




 
User avatar

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: February 2024 Taylor Swift Challenge
shoorn wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:55 pm
lilkoala3 wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:17 pm
Image
Glitter washi tape
You did the same thing I did. This should be Jan challenge
  
I wish I could say that was the first time I've made that mistake... ugh... Thanks.
 
Leslie
User avatar

stinkerbelle

Cherry Cola

Re: February 2024 Taylor Swift Challenge
Image
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image
User avatar

stinkerbelle

Cherry Cola

Re: February 2024 Taylor Swift Challenge
red with blue this time :)  combining with Baby/Kid challenge

Image
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image
User avatar

lisn2cats

Cherry Bomb

Re: February 2024 Taylor Swift Challenge
Hopefully this qualifies - a bit of green snuck in on the fussy-cut images
Image
Image  ImageImage
User avatar

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Garcia

Re: February 2024 Taylor Swift Challenge
I hope that distressed red all mucked up with grey counts! Here's mine:

Image
O Canada

The background paper is a Basic Grey "distressed style" red. I rarely use mixed media because it never looks the way I want it to look - but this time it did; I wanted a hazy, mucky final result and I kept going back and re-inking portions til it was right! I stamped it with grey acrylic paint which I heated up til it bubbled and dried, and then went over it with black ink.
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford
Image
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar

lisn2cats

Cherry Bomb

Re: February 2024 Taylor Swift Challenge
Entry #2 (who knew I liked red so much?!) I added a little bit of glitter as a nod to January’s challenge. It should be noted that the letters look orange but the paper is actually metallic foiled red (same one used in January’s challenge). It’s really much more subtle in real life!
Image
Image  ImageImage
User avatar

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Re: February 2024 Taylor Swift Challenge
Here's mine using Red. 😊

Photos of sweet grandson Marcus playing with his basketball travel team, May 2023. 💖
Basketball
Image
 
Image Image ImageImage
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: February 2024 Taylor Swift Challenge
Image
Image
User avatar

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Re: February 2024 Taylor Swift Challenge
Here's another using red. 😊

Photos of sweet grandson Evan playing baseball, May 2023. 💖
Batter Up
Image
 
Image Image ImageImage
Post Reply

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee