Skip to main content
World Card Making Day SALE! Take 15% off the regular price of everything, or 20% off orders $100+ with codeWCMD
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/2000
User avatar

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Garcia

Karyn_Sue's NSD Happy Holidays Challenge UPDATED WITH WINNER
I'm impressed with the inspiration you all got from the national holidays! Great job "thinking outside the box!"

Image

Our winner - as selected by pickerwheel is #9 PEIhaven! Congrats!!! I'll be sending your name along to Jessica, so please check to be sure your address is correct in your profile!

Many of you have enjoyed following along with me as I have shared Jewish holidays and customs. And the gallery is full of all sorts of (primarily) religious holidays. Which makes sense. As scrapbookers those are some of the cherished memories we want to hold onto.

But for this challenge, we are going to think about the other holidays that we celebrate all year! Even if by celebrate we just mean a day off from work or school! Maybe it's the weekend you open the pool or send the kids back to school or use it as an occasion to have a backyard BBQ with friends and/or family.

For this challenge, I want you to select one of these holidays as INSPIRATION for your layout. You can use any part of the holiday for your inspiration: the name, the way it is celebrated, the month it occurs in, what it means to you - just be sure to share what your inspiration was!

New Years Day
Martin Luther King Day
President's Day
Memorial Day
Flag Day
Independance Day
Labor Day
Columbus Day/Indigeous People Day
Election Day
Veterans Day

For my first example, I did this layout about the 2024 Election which is my example for Election Day.
Image

For my second example, I was inspired by Labor Day to do this layout celebrating my 45 years at work.
Image

Other ideas may be outside the box. For my third example, I was inspired by Memorial Day to do a heritage layout of my nuclear family since not everyone in this picture is still with us.
Image

Remember you can get your inspiration from any part of the holiday!
Memorial Day could be about a pet you've lost
Flag day could have banner flags on the layout
Columbus day could even be about a cruise.
Maybe you go to a theme park or have a picnic that holiday?
Think outside the box!

A winner will be selected at random to receive this beautiful Waffle flower Christmas stamp and Die Bundle generously provided by ACOT

Image

And, as always, the boring stuff:

1. All layouts must be submitted by Sunday, 5/18 at 11:59pm EDT.
2. All layouts must use an inspiration from one of the listed holidays
3. You must explain where you got your inspiration from
4. If you have any questions, please pm me.
5. This challenge can only be combined with 25 item challenge and May team challenge.
6. Most importantly - have fun & good luck!!!

Participating cherries:
1. Cynthia Corbett
2. Mandajo
3. Sapphire Handcrafted
4. Trek
5. megs1768
6. Taxlady
7., SandyK1967
8. Kimberly E
9. PEIhaven
10. mrozwood
11. KristinG
12. MaganL
13. Monroe1218
14. njr007
15. debraruffing
16. jordanbev
17. Sreidy
18. Careds4ever
19. chignon
1 user liked this post:
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford
Image
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar

mizz_kitty21

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Karyn_Sue's NSD Happy Holidays Challenge
Great challenge! Can I modify the Independence day to the Constitution day in Denmark? 

I have other options, I just wanted to ask 😊
1 user liked this post:
Add some sparkle to your life :)

- Henriette
Image
User avatar

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Garcia

Re: Karyn_Sue's NSD Happy Holidays Challenge
mizz_kitty21 wrote: ↑
Sat May 03, 2025 12:11 pm
Great challenge! Can I modify the Independence day to the Constitution day in Denmark? 

I have other options, I just wanted to ask 😊

absolutely!!!!
1 user liked this post:
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford
Image
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar

Jolly Holly Scraps

Cherry Cropper

Re: Karyn_Sue's NSD Happy Holidays Challenge
Wonderful challenge and great examples!
1 user liked this post:
User avatar

mizz_kitty21

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Karyn_Sue's NSD Happy Holidays Challenge
Karyn_Sue wrote: ↑
Sat May 03, 2025 12:26 pm
mizz_kitty21 wrote: ↑
Sat May 03, 2025 12:11 pm
Great challenge! Can I modify the Independence day to the Constitution day in Denmark? 

I have other options, I just wanted to ask 😊

absolutely!!!! 

Thank you! 
1 user liked this post:
Add some sparkle to your life :)

- Henriette
Image
User avatar

Cynthia Corbett

Cherry Picker

Re: Karyn_Sue's NSD Happy Holidays Challenge
I hose Columbus Day. A day celebrating cruising to new places and discovering what is there. This is our cruise that included Nassau, and we went snorkeling and exploring the town. Or at least exploring Senior Frogs, before we ran our of time.
Image]
1 user liked this post:
Image
Image
User avatar

Mandajo

Cherry Blossom

Re: Karyn_Sue's NSD Happy Holidays Challenge
Image
I choose New Years as my inspiration because we were at Disney World over the holidays and chose to avoid the crowds on New Years by resort hopping to look at the holiday decorations.
1 user liked this post:
User avatar

SapphireHandcrafted

Cherry Picker

Re: Karyn_Sue's NSD Happy Holidays Challenge
Image
I chose July 4th, Independence Day, because that is what my photos are for, we made homemade decorated patriotic cookies! 
 
1 user liked this post:
Image
User avatar

Trek

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Karyn_Sue's NSD Happy Holidays Challenge
New Year

Image
1 user liked this post:
Katerina
User avatar

megs1768

Cherry Blossom

Re: Karyn_Sue's NSD Happy Holidays Challenge
Image
2 users liked this post:
User avatar

Taxlady1

Cherry Tart

Re: Karyn_Sue's NSD Happy Holidays Challenge
Image
New Years Day- Santa on vacation!
User avatar

SandyK1967

Cherry Garcia

Re: Karyn_Sue's NSD Happy Holidays Challenge
I chose Memorial Day to remember my beloved beautiful Kooper who I lost a few years ago.  He was special....

Image
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋Image
 
User avatar

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

Re: Karyn_Sue's NSD Happy Holidays Challenge
Love this! I've got just the pictures to do something for this one!
Rebecca
Image
 
User avatar

KimberlyE

Cherry Blossom

Re: Karyn_Sue's NSD Happy Holidays Challenge
I did another page for July, the month of Independence Day, and used the typical colors.

Image
User avatar

PEIhaven

Cherry Picker

Re: Karyn_Sue's NSD Happy Holidays Challenge
My entry is Labor Day Gateway.  I added a few sentences for journaling.  To be precise, though, The inspiration for my Labor Day fondness would be location, location… Autumn is my favorite season, So Labor Day is right on the cusp.  I also love September just for itself.  And as I mentioned, it’s a whirlwind Labor Day sports weekend.  Thanks,
DonnaImageImage
User avatar

mrozwood

Cherry Bing

Re: Karyn_Sue's NSD Happy Holidays Challenge
I chose all the holidays listed.  They all represent doing something for someone else to benefit from.

Image
~Melanie

It's ok, I scrapbook.
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Karyn_Sue's NSD Happy Holidays Challenge
For this one I went with Memorial Day. Every time I visit a historic city I go to an old cemetery. I think that those old graves may not have people that remember them anymore so I just go to say a simple prayer for them.  This is an old cemetery in Charleston, SC. 

Image
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

MaganL

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Karyn_Sue's NSD Happy Holidays Challenge
Image

This actually took place the day before New Year's Eve, but I considered it my New Year's fireworks.  Obviously, fireworks are the inspiration I'm taking from the holiday to enter the challenge.
User avatar

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

Re: Karyn_Sue's NSD Happy Holidays Challenge
Image
I was inspired by Veterans Day to do a layout featuring my Dad and my husband Andy who both bravely served our country.
Rebecca
Image
 
User avatar

njr007

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Karyn_Sue's NSD Happy Holidays Challenge

Norma​​​​​​​
Scrapbooks remind us that life has been good
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
Post Reply

Return to “National Scrapbook Day 2025”

Information