Skip to main content
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

Flasher

A Cherry on Top

*Winner* Flasher's Ice Cream Truck Challenge
🍒 THANKS SO MUCH TO EVERYONE THAT CHOSE TO PLAY ALONG!  I LOVED SEEING HOW EVERYONE WAS INSPIRED BY THE DIFFERENT ICE CREAM TREATS!  YOU ALL DID A FABULOUS JOB!  THE RANDOMLY CHOSEN WINNER IS . . . RETIREE3!  CONGRATS TO HER! 🍒


Happy NSD!

Summer is coming!  There aren't many around anymore, but when I was just a teeny little Flasher, one of my most favorite things about summer was the Ice Cream Truck!  I used to always get the same thing -- a SCREWBALL!  It was a plastic cone of cherry sherbet and in the very bottom of the cone was a gumball!  I loved those things!
Image

To celebrate the fun of my youth, I bring you Flasher's Ice Cream Truck!  For this challenge you need to create a crafty project inspired by one of the yummy beat-the-heat treats from my truck!  

Here are the yummy goodies to pick from:
Image




I chose the Bomb Pop, and here is my example:
Image
My example is old, yours must be new!  You will be given a lot of flexibility with this challenge.  Whatever your inspiration, I'm here for it.  If it's just colors, cool!  If it's the shape, cool.  If it's the name, cool.  You could even use sequins and say it represents the little peanuts on the Drumstick!  You could use a rainbow somewhere for the Snow Cone!   Just be sure to tell me which treat you used so I can look for the inspiration!

One randomly chose project out of all submissions will receive the Spring Bundle Prize Pack, generously provided by The Crafter's Workshop!Image
RULES:
1.  One entry per participant.
2.  Challenge is open to digital and paper scrappers, layouts, card, and journals.
3.  Must be a new creation.
4.  NO COMBINING with any other NSD or ACOT MB Challenges, EXCEPT the NSD 25 Item Challenge.
5.  Post your creation to this thread, and indicate which Ice Cream Treat you chose.
6.  Entries must be posted to this thread by Monday, May 18, 2026 at 11:59 PM EDT.
7.  You must have fun!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Image

 
User avatar

lisn2cats

Cherry Bomb

Re: Flasher's Ice Cream Truck Challenge
Our “usual” neighborhood ice cream truck turned out to be a front for a different sort of treat LOL
Image  ImageImage
User avatar

Kayla S.

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Flasher's Ice Cream Truck Challenge
great example! Super "cool" challenge! 
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Flasher's Ice Cream Truck Challenge
Oh my gosh...I LOVED the one in letter F!! Such a fun challenge. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

Kayla S.

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Flasher's Ice Cream Truck Challenge
Lisn2cats wrote: ↑
Fri May 01, 2026 3:05 pm
Our “usual” neighborhood ice cream truck turned out to be a front for a different sort of treat LOL



😂 😂 😂
User avatar

Flasher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Flasher's Ice Cream Truck Challenge
Lisn2cats wrote: ↑
Fri May 01, 2026 3:05 pm
Our “usual” neighborhood ice cream truck turned out to be a front for a different sort of treat LOL


Yikes!  Don't scrap that! 
😂
1 user liked this post:
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Image

 
User avatar

Mommyof5~Misty

Cherry Bing

Re: Flasher's Ice Cream Truck Challenge
YUMMYLICIOUS!!!! If only we had all those treats!!  LOL
 Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
 Image  Image   Image
 
User avatar

JillinIN

Cherry Cola

Re: Flasher's Ice Cream Truck Challenge
Great Challenge and so fun!
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
User avatar

Nana01

Cherry Bing

Re: Flasher's Ice Cream Truck Challenge
I was just playing ice cream truck with my grandkids the other day. We had so much fun pretending. My 4 yr old grandson said “don’t forget the cherry on top” lol.
3 users liked this post:
Just call me Nan - it's short and sweet
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
User avatar

beachlover

Cherry Addict

Re: Flasher's Ice Cream Truck Challenge
We still have an ice cream truck that drives by at dinnertime!!  My fav was always the orange pushup!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
Image 
Image
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

 
User avatar

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Flasher's Ice Cream Truck Challenge
We still have them here in the city. They come by in the afternoon when the kids get out of school. We had several in my old neighborhood also. I love this challenge, so much to choose from. 
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

 
User avatar

SandyK1967

Cherry Garcia

Re: Flasher's Ice Cream Truck Challenge
I do not remember the Screwball one you described!  But then again we only had the ice cream truck at my Grandmas a few times.  FUN challenge!
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋Image
 
User avatar

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Flasher's Ice Cream Truck Challenge
LOVE this!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
User avatar

wazzu94

Cherry Bing

Re: Flasher's Ice Cream Truck Challenge
Oh my gosh we still have an ice cream truck and a shaved ice truck!  I always get excited and my 17 year old daughter always goes running out for it!  

Flasher your ice cream treat sounds so interesting. I've never heard of it before!  But I know I would have gotten that too!

Fun challenge and great layout example!
1 user liked this post:
Suzann
Image         
 Image  
User avatar

Sonja C.

Cherry Tart

Re: Flasher's Ice Cream Truck Challenge
FUN challenge and fun inspiration! I remember those, but my favorite was the Bomb Pop anyway so that's what I'll use! My daughter is like a heat-seeking mistle for these vendors nowadays! She always wants Kona Ice and drowns it in syrup and then lets it melt and drinks it! ICK!!!! Hmmm, maybe I should scrap a photo of her doing this! LOL

Thank you for hosting! 🍧
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Flasher's Ice Cream Truck Challenge
This is super fun!  I remember the ice cream truck for sure.  There are a few still around here.  I love the strawberry crunch bar most of all but not sure if those are the colors I will go with.
1 user liked this post:
    ImageImage
User avatar

amysolovay

Cherry Blossom

Re: Flasher's Ice Cream Truck Challenge
Love this challenge so much, Flasher! Thank you!

Well, I never knew about the screwballs or I would have asked for those from the ice cream truck, too! Cherry anything was my favorite!  I can't think what those ice cream treats in your illustration (letter F) are called, but those are the ones I used to get most often, or sometimes I got the chocolate counterpart of that. And I often got the ice cream sandwiches like letter D -- loved those! It will be fun to use these as inspiration. Thanks for the ideas!
User avatar

MTCanuk

Cherry Cropper

Re: Flasher's Ice Cream Truck Challenge
My grandkids love the ice cream truck.  It’s usually Friday evening in their neighborhood.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

 
User avatar

asianadidasgirl

Cherry Tart

Re: Flasher's Ice Cream Truck Challenge
C - Bomb pop colors
Image
User avatar

Cards4Ever

Cherry Berry

Re: Flasher's Ice Cream Truck Challenge
Fun challenge I was inspired by D. the ice cream sandwich. 
https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/379682
Image
3 users liked this post:
Mandi H. 
Post Reply

Return to “National Scrapbook Day 2026”

Information