Skip to main content
World Card Making Day SALE! Take 15% off the regular price of everything, or 20% off orders $100+ with codeWCMD
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/2000
User avatar

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

Do You Have a Favorite Scrapbook Spot?
I usually love change. I'm always moving furniture around and I don't mind new situations. Well I'm discovering that I had a favorite scrap spot and I don't have that anymore and I don't like it. Every winter I move the living room furniture around to best fit our heating needs because we have a wood burning stove in our fireplace. This year I did something different and it looked good and worked great for the heat flow.



Well I forgot to make room for the Christmas tree. I like to put it in front of the window so you can see it from outside. I had to end up putting our tree in my dining room window which meant moving the dining room table against the wall. I scrap at this table and I have a perfect spot under a great light source and next to all my scrappy cabinet and paper sorter. I don't have that seat now and I feel like Sheldon in the Big Bang Theory.

I tried sitting in all the other spots and it doesn't fit right. I can't get my scrap on, haa haa. I watch that show all the time and laugh when Sheldon can only sit on his spot on the couch, that is me this weekend!! Do you have a favorite spot that you just can't live without when you scrap, or am I the only crazy one here?
User avatar

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Re: Do You Have a Favorite Scrapbook Spot?
I am not able to scrap at home. It is not that I don't have the time or space. Just that I can not "settle" to it. But my fav spot is at debams' house on HER dining room table! I do most of my scrapping there.
Bibi
User avatar

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Do You Have a Favorite Scrapbook Spot?
My favorite spot is my scrappy room. I used to love to go to crops but the past couple years I have been scrapping at home and love it.
ImageImage 
 
User avatar

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

Re: Do You Have a Favorite Scrapbook Spot?
My comfy chair in my scrap room, though my dog usually takes the chair over when I scrap.
User avatar

cajenkins81

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Do You Have a Favorite Scrapbook Spot?
well, we just moved into this house 2 months ago, so my spot isn't my favorite yet. I have set up an old computer armoire into a scrap hutch, but it's missing the keyboard tray and work space. There's no lighting in this room, so i have a lamp here, one of those 2-light office lamps, and it does the trick, and so far I've been able to get some scrapping done and it works pretty well, but I'm not sure it's my favorite. And I think that's mostly because of the boxes that are still in here and so little work space/work surface area in the hutch itself. but it works, and unlike you, I NEVER move my furniture around. EVER. At the old house we just moved from, we lived there 3 years, and whereever the furniture got sat at move-in, is where we moved it out of when we moved! We're just that way, and my parents were that way too. But we had a friend my parents' age, who would rearrange his furniture every weekend just about, and they always thought he was crazy. So to me, moving stuff just isn't right!! haha.

And too funny about feeling like Sheldon. Sounds like that's exactly what's going on with you! lol. Hope you figure it out soon.
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

Image

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted
User avatar

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Do You Have a Favorite Scrapbook Spot?
Definitely in my scrappy room. I feel so fortunate to have an area where I can go, shut the door, turn up my music and focus just on paper!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
User avatar

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

Re: Do You Have a Favorite Scrapbook Spot?
I have a building outside of my house that I scrap and do crafts. It's so quiet and peaceful out there. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have this space.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]




 
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: Do You Have a Favorite Scrapbook Spot?
Definitely my on my scrappy tables that are on either side of my computer. I have a big "L" made from office/computer furniture all butted together, and my computer is in the corner of the "L". On my left side is where I scrap, and on my right side is where I do all my die cutting and trimming. Sometimes I push my keyboard back and even work in front of my computer because it's a 27 inch iMac so I have it pushed way back.

LOL feeling like Sheldon!
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

kennabeans

Cherry Cola

Re: Do You Have a Favorite Scrapbook Spot?
My favorite spot was at our old house in my scraproom that I didn't have to share with anyone. I miss it. I have yet to scrap in our new house and we have been here nearly a year.
ImageImageImage
User avatar

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Do You Have a Favorite Scrapbook Spot?
Thankfully, I have an entire room to scrap. I have multiple table surfaces, and can spread out.

BUT, because I digi scrap most of the time, and my laptop is portable...technically I can scrap on the couch if I want.
Laurie
Image
 
User avatar

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Re: Do You Have a Favorite Scrapbook Spot?
Not necessarily one favorite spot. I have a desk in my scraproom where I work on paper projects, and a fake Ott light, so that works pretty well. My layouts are all digi, so wherever I'm comfortable with a laptop I am good. I often scrap sitting in bed with the tv on...there is no tv in my scraproom so I listen to the radio. But I also scrap in the living room, or take my laptop with me if I'm somewhere where I anticipate I'll have a fair amount of downtime. I'm flexible! lol
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.
 
User avatar

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Re: Do You Have a Favorite Scrapbook Spot?
Ayla wrote:Not necessarily one favorite spot. I have a desk in my scraproom where I work on paper projects, and a fake Ott light, so that works pretty well. My layouts are all digi, so wherever I'm comfortable with a laptop I am good. I often scrap sitting in bed with the tv on...there is no tv in my scraproom so I listen to the radio. But I also scrap in the living room, or take my laptop with me if I'm somewhere where I anticipate I'll have a fair amount of downtime. I'm flexible! lol
Or maybe I have ADD....wait!!!! I DO have ADD!!! Maybe that's my whole problem! lol
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.
 
User avatar

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Re: Do You Have a Favorite Scrapbook Spot?
My scrap spot is the dining room table right in front of those 3 windows and next to the sliding glass door into the patio. Come Christmas week, I will have to clear that off completely including all my boxes and drawers and etc from the dining room for company meals. I hate it. I need that lovely light and space and having all my go to stuff at arms reach. So I probably will not scrap that week at all until all company and Christmas decorations are gone.
I figure to take 300+ pictures that week and hope that will ease my not being able to scrap for a week or so. lol
User avatar

sweetsour

Wild Cherry

Re: Do You Have a Favorite Scrapbook Spot?
My ideal is my scraproom of course, but as long as I pack myself a half decent kit I can scrap anywhere. Sometimes if the scraproom is a disaster from other projects and I have something quick to do my mojo works better away from there.
 Karrie

Image
User avatar

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

Re: Do You Have a Favorite Scrapbook Spot?
Charleneanne wrote:My scrap spot is the dining room table right in front of those 3 windows and next to the sliding glass door into the patio. Come Christmas week, I will have to clear that off completely including all my boxes and drawers and etc from the dining room for company meals. I hate it. I need that lovely light and space and having all my go to stuff at arms reach. So I probably will not scrap that week at all until all company and Christmas decorations are gone.
I figure to take 300+ pictures that week and hope that will ease my not being able to scrap for a week or so. lol
I feel the same way. I get such good light from my windows and also I have a big light above the table. I also hate having to pack everything up when company comes. Oh well, I am going to a crop next Saturday, so I can scrap then. Like you, I probably won't scrap Christmas week.
User avatar

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

Re: Do You Have a Favorite Scrapbook Spot?
Ayla wrote:Not necessarily one favorite spot. I have a desk in my scraproom where I work on paper projects, and a fake Ott light, so that works pretty well. My layouts are all digi, so wherever I'm comfortable with a laptop I am good. I often scrap sitting in bed with the tv on...there is no tv in my scraproom so I listen to the radio. But I also scrap in the living room, or take my laptop with me if I'm somewhere where I anticipate I'll have a fair amount of downtime. I'm flexible! lol
I get jealous of the woman I see at the scrap retreats who just bring their computers for digital scrapping. All the paper scrappers backs are aching because of the haul they have, lol. We really do bring too much. You are lucky you can go anywhere. When I first started scrapping I did small albums and I would scrap in bed. I was a newbie and had basic supplies....sometimes I miss that. Now I have a mini store in my dining room.
User avatar

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

Re: Do You Have a Favorite Scrapbook Spot?
Retiree3 wrote:I have a building outside of my house that I scrap and do crafts. It's so quiet and peaceful out there. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have this space.
Awesome...a Woman Cave!!! I need one of those.
User avatar

txbelle26

Cherry Cola

Re: Do You Have a Favorite Scrapbook Spot?
On my spot on the couch, which reclines, and my laptop in my lap LOL. I rearrange my furniture every time I deep clean. Not in our old house because there wasn't a way to arrange it different, but here in the new house it's open to all sorts of possibilities!
~Jeanne~

*There's two kinds of people in this world,
those that can focus and those that HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!

Image
User avatar

suewho372

Wild Cherry

Re: Do You Have a Favorite Scrapbook Spot?
Yes I have a fav spot it has plenty of light! But at christmas I have to move my desk to put the christmas tree there so now I am out a spot until the tree comes down! Ugh!
Susan
Image

                     
User avatar

ChrisC.

Cherry Addict

Re: Do You Have a Favorite Scrapbook Spot?
Even though I have a scraproom, I used to do most of my scrapping on the dining room table. But lately, I've been scrapping in my own scraproom. I got tired of dragging stuff back and forth. I just wish I had more to spend in my room scrapping!!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

 ImageImageImage Image
 
Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee