Skip to main content
World Card Making Day SALE! Take 15% off the regular price of everything, or 20% off orders $100+ with codeWCMD
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/2000

What size do you scrapbook?

Total votes: 32
12x12 (25) 78%
8.5x11 (5) 16%
6x8 (1) 3%
6x6 No votes
8x8 (1) 3%
4x4 No votes
Other No votes
User avatar

Rachel Kent

ACOT Employee

Favorite scrapbook size?
Let's chat -- what's your favorite size to scrap? Have you changed over the years, or stayed with the same size?
3 users liked this post:
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Favorite scrapbook size?
I started with 12 x 12 back in 2000 and still scrapping that size.  I do have a couple of 8 x 8 and 6 x 6, but I like the 12 x 12 best.
3 users liked this post:
    ImageImage
User avatar

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Favorite scrapbook size?
I started with 8.5x11 in 1995. I don't think they made anything bigger then. I changed to 12x12 and re-did most of the 8.5x11 albums. 
3 users liked this post:
- joannie

  Image Image ImageImageImage
User avatar

SandyK1967

Cherry Garcia

Re: Favorite scrapbook size?
I have mostly 12x12 and love it but they are so heavy eventually, the albums.  And depending on if you like 1 or 2 photos on a page, smaller may be the best way to go.  I've started 8x8 and do love it.  I also have a 6x8 album started.  So I'll try anything lol.
2 users liked this post:
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋Image
 
User avatar

Jael Luvs2create

Cherry Berry

Re: Favorite scrapbook size?
I started with the 12x12 back in 1998, but I didn't enjoyed the space they were taking up.  So then I switch to 8.5x11, same thing.  I do 8x8 now, I really enjoy this size much better.
1 user liked this post:
Image  Image
 
User avatar

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

Re: Favorite scrapbook size?
I started 12x12 back in 2000 and many of my albums and layouts are that size. I still do that size for themed albums and because of some of my supplies. But I switched to 8x11 because it is cheaper to just use 3-ring binders and office supply page protectors in that size, plus it's easier to find shelving for it LOL! We are in an NYC apartment and don't have a ton of space for 12x12 size shelving.
1 user liked this post:
Happy Scrapping, cherries!
Hugs, Anne-Marie
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Favorite scrapbook size?
I started in 12x12 around 2000 and I’ve pretty much stuck to that size  I find it the easiest to work with. I’ve done a lot of gift albums and I’ve tried all the sizes. The 8 1/2 x 11 are the hardest for me because it’s not square. My husband builds my shelving for me so I can have whatever size I need. :)
1 user liked this post:
Image
User avatar

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Favorite scrapbook size?
I did 12x12 for years and I like that I can do so much with a page but they don’t fit on shelves, especially if I want to put them in the living room so guests can look at them. Now I do mostly 6x8 which is perfect for a vacation or graduation album and it sits nicely on the shelf. I still do other sizes because I like the variety. 6x8 gives less opportunity for creativity.
1 user liked this post:
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

 
User avatar

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Re: Favorite scrapbook size?
I started with 8 1/2 x 11 about 25 years ago. I think I did 1 or 2 albums that size and then switched to 12 x 12. 
1 user liked this post:
Image Image ImageImage
User avatar

Kelly R.

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Favorite scrapbook size?
I started with 12 x 12's and still scrap that size.  However, I  started running out of storage space  and decided to scrap our vacations with mini albums.  I need a better storage solution for 26 years of photos.  
2 users liked this post:
:) Kelly 
User avatar

wimom

Cherry Garcia

Re: Favorite scrapbook size?
I did 12x12 for many years, but as I have gotten older those big, heavy albums are more difficult for me to handle. I tried 6x8 and 8.5 by 11 and settled on 8.5 by 11, although I haven't scrapped much recently. I have been mostly making cards the past year and a half or so.
1 user liked this post:
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin
Image
User avatar

VALERIE 03/22

Cherry Garcia

Re: Favorite scrapbook size?
MY DAUGHTER GOT ME STARTED ON SCRAPBOOKING LIKE 21 YEARS AGO............ I STARTED WITH 8 1/2X11 I HAVE LIKE 10 OF THOSE BUT SWTCHED TO 12X12 BECAUSE I LIKE THE SPACE IT GIVES ME AND I HAVE LIKE 30 OF THOSE RIGHT NOW.......... VALERIE
1 user liked this post:
User avatar

Rachel Kent

ACOT Employee

Re: Favorite scrapbook size?
I gravitate to 12x12, but I also love doing mini albums or an 8x8 Archer & Olive notebook. I love that there are so many options these days :)
User avatar

suewho372

Wild Cherry

Re: Favorite scrapbook size?
Rachel_K wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 21, 2026 7:30 pm
Let's chat -- what's your favorite size to scrap? Have you changed over the years, or stayed with the same size?

I’m still finding 12 x 12 as my favorite! 
I have created several mini albums of varying sizes as special projects. 
1 user liked this post:
Susan
Image

                     
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: Favorite scrapbook size?
I scrap 12x12 as I love having the room. The albums are big but I still love working with that much space. I just started on a mini album project where the pages are only 6x6 so that is going to be way different for me. I also have collected a few of Doodlebug's mini 6x8 albums, and maybe one day I will actually do pages for them. 
2 users liked this post:
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Favorite scrapbook size?
I started with an ordinary loose leaf binder in 1996.  I used page protectors from my office, and it worked fine.  Sometime in that same year I discovered Creative Memories, but refused to give up the background to a plain white page.  
Since then I have made albums of all sizes but I definitely am a 12x12 scrapper. I've made a few albums from scratch, meaning odd ball shapes and sizes.  Now this year I am no longer going to "Journal Your Christmas" which I did each year since 2008.  What is happening is when I put all my holiday memories in a 6x8 daily book I tend not to scrap in the 12x12 format.  I would rather fewer pages in a large size than a small holiday album.
1 user liked this post:
Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee