Skip to main content
World Card Making Day SALE! Take 15% off the regular price of everything, or 20% off orders $100+ with codeWCMD
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

Flasher

A Cherry on Top

I got one!
Cedar Point has a history of holding "First Rider" benefits when the open a new or revamp an older roller coaster. I always attend them.  It's generally $75 to spend an evening riding the coaster as many times as you can, get free food, and souvenirs. What's even better is the tickets are limited to 750.  It's not like a traditional crowded amusement park at all.  And, that coaster is the only ride open.   Plus the money goes to charity.  There are also tickets for $250 to be on the first train open to the pubic.  I have never been on any of the First Trains for openings.  Depending on the coaster, there are between 24 and 36 of these tickets.  Over a year ago when CP announced Steel Vengeance, I put a little envelope in my desk drawer and started putting extra dollar bills in it to save for myself.  I was determined to treat myself. 

I sat at my computer for nearly 14 hours hitting the refresh button waiting for the tickets to go on sale yesterday.  When they did I clicked, paid, and GOT ONE OF THE FIRST TRAIN SEATS!!!!!  I was, and still am, beyond giddy!  By The time I have check my email for confirmation from CP and PayPal, which couldn't have been more than 90 seconds, the First Train Tickets were sold out!  I must have had my lucky pants on yesterday!  I also got a regular ticket.  Mike can have that one.   I'll keep the Grand Daddy of all tickets for myself!!!

I am so excited.  I've got a little more than a month to wait and have to really concentrate on rustling up some "no rain" vibes.  The end of April here along the lake can still be pretty cold, but I don't care about cold.  I can handle that.  But, if there's too much rain, the coaster will not run and I miss out.  Like I mentioned before, the money goes to charity, so the loss of that is a non issue for me.  I just need to be on that coaster!

https://www.cedarpoint.com/play/events/ ... er-benefit

Anyone want to make the trip?  There are still some general tickets available!

Image
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Image

 
User avatar

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: I got one!
I love old roller coasters!  Congrats on the ticket!!!!!
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper
User avatar

beachlover

Cherry Addict

Re: I got one!
OMG, that is so exciting!  I loved Cedar Point as a kid!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
Image 
Image
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

 
User avatar

1scrappymom

Cherry Garcia

Re: I got one!
That is AWESOME!!!  I would love to go, but April is super busy for us as my daughter is graduating the first weekend in May. I'd love to catch up with you later in the season though!  We're about 3 hours from Cedar Point!
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
Image
User avatar

Flasher

A Cherry on Top

Re: I got one!
1scrappymom wrote:That is AWESOME!!!  I would love to go, but April is super busy for us as my daughter is graduating the first weekend in May. I'd love to catch up with you later in the season though!  We're about 3 hours from Cedar Point!
Just let me know if you ever wander over here.  I'm there all summer.  Image 
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Image

 
User avatar

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

Re: I got one!
How fun!  I am definitely not a ride person, but love going to see the sights and all the other fun that amusement parks can offer!  Can't wait to see the scrapbook pages you make for this awesome opportunity!!
Rebecca
Image
 
User avatar

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Re: I got one!
WOW! That's awesome, Laura!! Congrats!! ImageImage

Haven't been to Cedar Point for many years, but we used to go each Summer. I LOVE coasters!! Image
Image Image ImageImage
User avatar

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

Re: I got one!
Congrats!! That's awesome! I went to CP years ago (as in about 20...damn I feel old...) and LOVED it! Enjoy this extra special treat! I will try to do some no rain dances for you Image
User avatar

1scrappymom

Cherry Garcia

Re: I got one!
Laura wrote:
1scrappymom wrote:That is AWESOME!!!  I would love to go, but April is super busy for us as my daughter is graduating the first weekend in May. I'd love to catch up with you later in the season though!  We're about 3 hours from Cedar Point!
Just let me know if you ever wander over here.  I'm there all summer.  Image 
Will do. We have season passes to Six Flags, so we typically go the other way, but I also have discount tickets to Cedar Point so I really want to use those some time during the season. 
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
Image
User avatar

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Re: I got one!
I LOVE Cedar Point!!!!!! Have been there many times! That is so cool for you, can not wait to hear all about it! And I will hope for a sunny day!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
User avatar

DN in MN

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: I got one!
Congrats and you deserve the fun!
ImageImage  Image
Word of 2026 - MINDFUL 
 
User avatar

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

Re: I got one!
That is too cool!  I love roller coaster; I would totally come but Ohio is a little ways away from Oklahoma.  Enjoy it so much!!
Image
User avatar

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

Re: I got one!
OMG how fun! ENJOY IT!!! And oh the scrappy possibilities LOL! I am not a roller-coaster type of gal --- I feel very brave getting on a Ferris wheel lol. DS talked me into a roller coaster at Coney Island and we were in a car with a 5yo girl who was all very "meh" and "what's the big deal" meanwhile we were clutching each other so tight that he had one leg braced on the side and broke his phone ROFL!!! So I will totally live vicariously through you on this one! ImageImage
Happy Scrapping, cherries!
Hugs, Anne-Marie
User avatar

MTCanuk

Cherry Cropper

Re: I got one!
Way to go!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

 
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: I got one!
Yay for you!!! I am so happy that you got it!!
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

elainehall

Cherry Tart

Re: I got one!
I used to go there when I was a little girl.
Elaine
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: I got one!
That's awesome!!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

Re: I got one!
AImage

I am so excited for you!  I know how much you have been wanting this!  Cannot wait to hear all about it.  Don't for get to take photos!
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
User avatar

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: I got one!
Oh how fun!!! I'm so happy for you. I hope you have a wonderful time.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 61, 39 and 33) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (8) Sawyer (6) and Mazie (4).

ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar

Flasher

A Cherry on Top

Re: I got one!
Thanks, everyone!  I am all ready to scrap this.  The area of the park where this coaster is located is called Frontier Town.  So, I have already loaded up on the Authentique Frontier line.  The last one I attended they actually took our photos not only on the ride, but individually on the red carpet.  I hope they do that again!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Image

 
Post Reply

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee