Skip to main content
World Card Making Day SALE! Take 15% off the regular price of everything, or 20% off orders $100+ with codeWCMD
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/2000
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

September Mood Board Challenge *WINNER*
Realized I forgot to draw a winner and I'm blaming the beginning of school. lol  Still not quite into the swing of things and the first quarter is over!  Randomly drawn winner of the September Mood Board Challenge is Craftyshannon!  PM me with your address so I can send your prize. :)

I love Fall!  The weather here has finally turned a little cooler and it is just so invigorating and beautiful for this all-too-short season!  For this challenge, I challenge you to use the mood board below to inspire your layout. You must use the color scheme (soft teal, greys, and browns), and choose 3 additional inspirations from the mood board.  Please, no other colors in your papers/embellies that don't fit the color scheme.  Since it is nowhere near Fall in some places, I think this mood board, while having a Fall-like mood, is not overtly Fall, but has bits of Summer and Spring, as well. :)  Can you feel it?

Image

You have until midnight, September 30th to upload your finished layout in the gallery spot I've provided to be entered in a drawing for a little prize from me.  Must be a new layout and can be combined with one other challenge that allows combining.
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Amy Jo

Cherry Bomb

Re: September Mood Board Challenge
I LOVE this board! Such pretty colors...can't wait to get started!!
ImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: September Mood Board Challenge
That's a gorgeous mood board!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: September Mood Board Challenge
I think this is my favorite one so far :)
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

LCSmithSAVED

Cherry Tart

Re: September Mood Board Challenge
This is gorgeous!
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: September Mood Board Challenge
Wow, gorgeous colors on this mood board.
    ImageImage
User avatar

Jolly Holly Scraps

Cherry Cropper

Re: September Mood Board Challenge
Normally I can't seem to figure out how to "use" the mood board but this one has me jumping into a pile of mixed media and paper! Thanks for inshttps://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/294927piration!

I found the teals very inspiring with the greens and the books reminded me of the letter stickers that have text behind the letter and I thought of my brother's story.

I am combing with the motivation challenge.
User avatar

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Garcia

Re: September Mood Board Challenge
Here is mine.  The photo doesn't do it justice but the "blues" are actually soft teal. 

For my inspirations:
I was first inspired by the pic of the girls, with the wreaths in their hair, turned away from the camera. From this inspiration I decided to highlight the picture of my granddaughter looking away from the camera, out at the sea. I also got the idea to encircle the picture in twine from their wreaths.
My next inspiration was the pictures of the weeds, and from this I decided to embellish with seaweeds.
For my final inspiration I thought that the 4th pic down on the left had a dreamy feel to it. I used this idea to select the metal charm for the page which states: "she dreams of faraway places and daring adventures"

Image
Thanks for this great mood board!
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford
Image
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

Re: September Mood Board Challenge
Here is my layout for this challenge. Stunning mood board choice!
Perfect for my wedding photo! 
I combined it with the movie genre challenge. 
My three additional inspiration from the mood board is Leaves,
butterflies and sideway profile photo. This picture does not do the color justice. 
All embellishments are a soft teal. 

 

Image
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: September Mood Board Challenge
Always the hardest challenge for me but always glad that I give it a go.  My background paper is a soft teal with brown matting.  My inspirations were the butterflies, sequins and the girl in the dreamy white reminded me of vellum (matting under the brown). 


Image
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

Amy Jo

Cherry Bomb

Re: September Mood Board Challenge
My inspiration came from the butterfly photo (one of my patterned papers has butterflies with just a touch of yellow gold), the beaded bracelet inspired me to use different sizes and colors of buttons, and the mountain photo inspired my to tear the edges of a few of my papers. 

I combined with the September 3 in a row challenge.

Making Memories- Gallery Link
Image
ImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

LCSmithSAVED

Cherry Tart

Re: September Mood Board Challenge
Image
Must keep to the soft teal, greys & browns color scheme + three additional inspirations from the mood board. I got a lot more ideas from the board: sequins, butterflies, nature, the dreamy landscape that begged to be interpreted in mixed media (not mine, but a Somerset Studio freebie in my kit), the dry leaf, the framed artwork, faceted beads, and the little blue bowl. Used my September Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit forgery. Blogpost HERE
User avatar

blfonty

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: September Mood Board Challenge
I love this mood board - the blended colors, the different textures, and the variety of inspiration is fabulous! I only have a few days left this month, but will try to get it done. If not, I will save for next month's rewind.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Image.  Image.  Image  
User avatar

Craftyshannon

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: September Mood Board Challenge
I had a flyer from the okoberfest that was browns and tall, perfect for this challenge. The photos are matted with soft gray and everything else is teals and browns. I took inspiration from the beaded necklaces for the striped background, I used distress ink to texture the tan sheet of paper like the backgrounds in the board and stamped and cut out leaves.

Image
User avatar

CathyG89

Cherry Berry

Re: September Mood Board Challenge
Image
I was inspired by the mountain range to do the torn paper and then included butterflies and sequins directly from the mood board.
ImageImageImage
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: September Mood Board Challenge *WINNER*
btt with winner in the OP!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Garcia

Re: September Mood Board Challenge *WINNER*
LOL - I wondered if you got distracted!  congrats Shannon! 
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford
Image
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: September Mood Board Challenge *WINNER*
Congrats Shannon
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
Post Reply

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee