Skip to main content
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

January Music Challenge *WINNERS*
I love seeing how everyone got inspiration from this album cover in so many different ways! Love all the creativity! Since I had over 20 entires I will be picking two random winners!

Using RandomNum iPhone app, the winners are…

Winner #1
#19 Tammey

Winner #2
#23 Hottytoddysarah

Congrats to Tammy and Sarah! I have sent out your gift cards!

Thank you to everyone that played along!

 


For this month I was looking through soundtrack album covers for inspiration and found this one for the Beverly Hills Cop soundtrack. It has some fun details that I found inspiring, so my challenge this month is to use this album cover for inspiration.

Image

You can use any aspect of the album cover you want… the angled text, the one large photo, the splotches on the background, the colors… whatever it is that inspires you. Just let us know what it was that gave you your inspiration.

Open to paper, digi, hybrid, cards, crafts, planners, or anything else you are inspired to create.

Multiple submissions are allowed up to a limit of 3.

You may combine with one other challenge that allows combining and you may also add to the Prompts Challenge.

Post your submissions to this thread by January 31st and a random winner of all participants will receive a $5 ACOT GC from me!

Most of all have fun.

Here is my layout. I was inspired by the large photo mask in the middle, the angled text, and the splotches on the background. Photo is of Miss JJ all dressed up for Christmas, posing for me in her pretty dress.

Image

Participants:
1. aheatfan
2. handerful
3. Trek
4. SandyK1967
5. stinkerbelle
6. Donna_Coughlin
7. ScrappyRN74
8. wazzu94
9. Aztam
10. scrappinmom99
11. lilkoala3
12. stinkerbelle
13. JA_Mehess
14. stinkerbelle
15. Aztam
16. The Scrap Attack
17. blfonty
18. Deanna13
19. Tammey
20. oceanbreezes423
21. lilkoala3
22. LoreenC
23. Hottytoddysarah
24. wendycrowe
25. Retiree3
26. Monroe1218
27. Art_Teacher
28. jcsmaestra
29. GayleChurches
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: January Music Challenge
This looks fun!!!!
- joannie

  Image Image ImageImageImage
User avatar

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Re: January Music Challenge
This looks like a fun one!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: January Music Challenge
This is a fun album cover challenge.  I love the angled print.  And, you were up late!  LOL!
    ImageImage
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: January Music Challenge
VickiR wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:03 am
This is a fun album cover challenge.  I love the angled print.  And, you were up late!  LOL!

Yes I was on a roll and decided to post it before bed. I'm usually up pretty late anyway lol.
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: January Music Challenge
pawprints wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:08 pm
VickiR wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:03 am
This is a fun album cover challenge.  I love the angled print.  And, you were up late!  LOL!

Yes I was on a roll and decided to post it before bed. I'm usually up pretty late anyway lol. 
LOL! Ditto...I'm a night owl too. I think I do my best work at midnight.  LOL!
 
    ImageImage
User avatar

suewho372

Wild Cherry

Re: January Music Challenge
Gorgeous layout and amazing challenge!
Susan
Image

                     
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: January Music Challenge
I'm totally digging this!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

Jolly Holly Scraps

Cherry Cropper

Re: January Music Challenge
Oh! I'm inspired already! 😊 And your layout is darling!! Love the grunge effects!
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: January Music Challenge
Loved this challenge. As inspiration  I used the slanted title with 2 fonts, the jagged background behind the photo, the journaling to the right of the photo and the splatters.  Combined with the Grab 5 Challenge. 

Image
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

handerful

Cherry Cropper

Re: January Music Challenge
This paper from 49 and market reminded me of the cover layout before adding to it - so I went with it for the challenge.  :-)

Image

Image
Image Image
RACHEL
User avatar

Trek

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: January Music Challenge
My LO
My inspiration was title with different fonts.
Image 
Katerina
User avatar

SandyK1967

Cherry Garcia

Re: January Music Challenge
I used the white background and splatter for the inspiration.

Image

Combined with the Baby/Kid challenge
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋Image
 
User avatar

stinkerbelle

Cherry Cola

Re: January Music Challenge
inspired by the colors, grunginess and music connection

Image
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image
User avatar

Donna_Coughlin

Cherry Bing

Re: January Music Challenge
I used the paint splatters as my inspiration
Image
Donna
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar

ScrappyRN74

Cherry Bing

Re: January Music Challenge
I was inspired by the diagonal title

Image
“Whatever you choose to do, leave tracks. That means don’t do it just for yourself. You will want to leave the world a little better for your having lived.” RBG

:) Trisha

ImageImageImageImage
Image
User avatar

wazzu94

Cherry Bing

Re: January Music Challenge
Used the splatter as my inspiration for this layout!  This picture was waiting for this challenge I think!   Combining with Pick a day - Jan!
Thank you for hosting.  So clever using the album cover!

Image
Suzann
Image         
 Image  
User avatar

Aztam

Cherry Bomb

Re: January Music Challenge
Image I used some of the design and color of the example
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam
User avatar

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

Re: January Music Challenge
Love this one! So many ways to interpret. I have an idea for another page for this too. Here is my layout that was inspired by the red car and the mix of print and script fonts.

Image
Happy Scrapping, cherries!
Hugs, Anne-Marie
User avatar

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: January Music Challenge
Image
Ok, so stay with me here...  I was inspired by the brush strokes on the album cover, so I used brush stroke background paper. I also used splatters like on the cover. I also used a mixture of a cursive-style font with an all-caps, big, bold font for my title. And also... I just tried to make this look kinda 80's. Not sure if I accomplished that, but hey, I had a TON of fun with this page. It's very different than my usual style,
Leslie
Post Reply

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee