Skip to main content
World Card Making Day SALE! Take 15% off the regular price of everything, or 20% off orders $100+ with codeWCMD
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

April Mood Board Challenge
My favorite spring flowers are my lilacs (and I like the hydrangeas in the photos on the mood board, too). :)  I can't wait until they bloom...that smell, that color, everything about them. Mint is one of my all-time favorite colors, too. So, for this April, your challenge is to use the color scheme from the mood board below (mint and lilac) on at least 50% of your layout.  You may use other neutrals, but not other colors with the mint and lilac.  In addition, you must use at least 3 inspirations from the mood board and tell us what they are! 

Image

You have until midnight, April 30th to post your layout in the gallery spot provided to be entered in a drawing for a little prize from me. 

Must be a new layout.
CAN be combined with one other challenge that allows combining.
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

DrSonja

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: April Mood Board Challenge
Pretty color combo. 
Image  Image Image
User avatar

lisn2cats

Cherry Bomb

Re: April Mood Board Challenge
LOVE this color combo and gorgeous board. I need photos so I can play!
Image  ImageImage
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: April Mood Board Challenge
Oh, the colors are so pretty!!
    ImageImage
User avatar

Jolly Holly Scraps

Cherry Cropper

Re: April Mood Board Challenge
You have a knack of finding amazing mood boards, Laura! ☺️ I struggle with this particular challenge sometimes- however, I am trying THIS for sure! 😊
User avatar

ChrisC.

Cherry Addict

Re: April Mood Board Challenge
Gorgeous mood board! 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

 ImageImageImage Image
 
User avatar

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: April Mood Board Challenge
I love mint and lilac together. I'm not sure how much product I have in those colors.
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

 
User avatar

jordanbev5

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: April Mood Board Challenge
Fabulous mood board!! Going to think about this combo!!
ImageImageImage
User avatar

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

Re: April Mood Board Challenge
Absolutely stunning board! Love those colors together! I made an Easter egg in those colors this year LOL! I have an ancient collection (Karen Foster maybe? is that still around?) that is exactly these colors with lilacs and other flowers. This'll be a great opportunity to bash some more of that stash.
Happy Scrapping, cherries!
Hugs, Anne-Marie
User avatar

blfonty

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: April Mood Board Challenge
Beautiful color combination! Love all the inspiration too. My great niece just got purple highlights in her hair for her 10th birthday - perfect.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Image.  Image.  Image  
User avatar

stinkerbelle

Cherry Cola

Re: April Mood Board Challenge
besides the colors, i was inspired by the florals, woodgrain (table the teacups sit on-my pink pp is a woodgrain but it's hard to tell in such a small strip) and ribbon (ballet shoes).  lilacs are my favorite too!  combined with video game challenge.

Image
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image
User avatar

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

Re: April Mood Board Challenge
Stunning mood board and challenge!
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

Re: April Mood Board Challenge
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:15 pm
My favorite spring flowers are my lilacs (and I like the hydrangeas in the photos on the mood board, too). :)  I can't wait until they bloom...that smell, that color, everything about them. Mint is one of my all-time favorite colors, too. So, for this April, your challenge is to use the color scheme from the mood board below (mint and lilac) on at least 50% of your layout.  You may use other neutrals, but not other colors with the mint and lilac.  In addition, you must use at least 3 inspirations from the mood board and tell us what they are! 

Image

You have until midnight, April 30th to post your layout in the gallery spot provided to be entered in a drawing for a little prize from me. 

Must be a new layout.
CAN be combined with one other challenge that allows combining.

Question does it have to be a 12x12? Can I do an art journal entry?
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: April Mood Board Challenge
Florac74 wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:01 am
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:15 pm
My favorite spring flowers are my lilacs (and I like the hydrangeas in the photos on the mood board, too). :)  I can't wait until they bloom...that smell, that color, everything about them. Mint is one of my all-time favorite colors, too. So, for this April, your challenge is to use the color scheme from the mood board below (mint and lilac) on at least 50% of your layout.  You may use other neutrals, but not other colors with the mint and lilac.  In addition, you must use at least 3 inspirations from the mood board and tell us what they are! 

Image

You have until midnight, April 30th to post your layout in the gallery spot provided to be entered in a drawing for a little prize from me. 

Must be a new layout.
CAN be combined with one other challenge that allows combining.

Question does it have to be a 12x12? Can I do an art journal entry? 
Absolutely...just has to have at least one photo on it to be considered a layout in my book. :)
 
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

Re: April Mood Board Challenge
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:07 pm
Florac74 wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:01 am
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:15 pm
My favorite spring flowers are my lilacs (and I like the hydrangeas in the photos on the mood board, too). :)  I can't wait until they bloom...that smell, that color, everything about them. Mint is one of my all-time favorite colors, too. So, for this April, your challenge is to use the color scheme from the mood board below (mint and lilac) on at least 50% of your layout.  You may use other neutrals, but not other colors with the mint and lilac.  In addition, you must use at least 3 inspirations from the mood board and tell us what they are! 

Image

You have until midnight, April 30th to post your layout in the gallery spot provided to be entered in a drawing for a little prize from me. 

Must be a new layout.
CAN be combined with one other challenge that allows combining.

Question does it have to be a 12x12? Can I do an art journal entry? 
Absolutely...just has to have at least one photo on it to be considered a layout in my book. :)
 

Thank you 😊
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar

Deb Riendeau

Cherry Tart

Re: April Mood Board Challenge
I have the perfect collection for this color scheme but not sure which photos I can use that would incorporate the other elements of the board.  Flowers/hydrangeas are easy but not sure how to interpret the rest.  This is my first time playing along.  Any hints?
 
User avatar

MTCanuk

Cherry Cropper

Re: April Mood Board Challenge
Cre8tivemom wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:56 am
I have the perfect collection for this color scheme but not sure which photos I can use that would incorporate the other elements of the board.  Flowers/hydrangeas are easy but not sure how to interpret the rest.  This is my first time playing along.  Any hints?
 

I always love this challenge. I see wood grain under the teacup. Maybe a round element as saucers are round. Use an embossing folder to give texture like the dress in the upper right. Something sparkly-maybe sequins for the ballet dress. Ribbons in the shoes. Birds. Leaves. Sunglasses. Maybe tissue paper. Hope this helps.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

 
User avatar

MTCanuk

Cherry Cropper

Re: April Mood Board Challenge
What a dreamy mood board! Love it!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

 
User avatar

Deb Riendeau

Cherry Tart

Re: April Mood Board Challenge
MTCanuk wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:13 am
Cre8tivemom wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:56 am
I have the perfect collection for this color scheme but not sure which photos I can use that would incorporate the other elements of the board.  Flowers/hydrangeas are easy but not sure how to interpret the rest.  This is my first time playing along.  Any hints?
 

I always love this challenge. I see wood grain under the teacup. Maybe a round element as saucers are round. Use an embossing folder to give texture like the dress in the upper right. Something sparkly-maybe sequins for the ballet dress. Ribbons in the shoes. Birds. Leaves. Sunglasses. Maybe tissue paper. Hope this helps. 
Thank you! those are some great ideas! I am a very literal thinker so this helps me to see outside the box.
 
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: April Mood Board Challenge
Cre8tivemom wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:56 am
I have the perfect collection for this color scheme but not sure which photos I can use that would incorporate the other elements of the board.  Flowers/hydrangeas are easy but not sure how to interpret the rest.  This is my first time playing along.  Any hints?
 

Whatever inspires you…the layout, the elements, etc.  Teacups, flowers, ribbons (on the ballet shoes), dancing, ballet, sunglasses, etc. ;)
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
Post Reply

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee