Skip to main content
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Scrap a Day, July 2nd
Hey Cherries. It is so hot outside already. It is actually not the temperature, it's the humidity and "feels like" temperature. I was out with the girls this morning and it is actually hard to breathe out there, and it was only 88 degrees at the time! But the dew point was 78 and the feels like 98! I'm not sure if I've ever seen a dew point that high when the actually temperature was only in the 80s. Our actual temperature high is supposed to be 98 today and I don't want to know what the dew point is going to be then! 

I have a long overdue nail appointment today that I am looking forward too. I skipped the last one when Twinkie was so sick and my nails are way too long. Plus I need my ingrown toe nail to be dealt with to. No other plans but to stay indoors. I just will have to go out and water my flowers, I do not want to loose them in this heat. I need to keep them all hydrated! Along with myself!

I am still working on getting my new challenges up. Hopefully when I get back home later today I will get back to working on them.

Have a great day Cherries.
5 users liked this post:
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

MTCanuk

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, July 2nd
Hey, Barb!  Enjoy your pampering.  You’re right to keep hydrated.  

Looking very nice here.  Headed up into the 70’s.  And the weather is looking great for the 250th celebration. Been out walking.  Need to get showered and head to the grocery store.  Will get anything I need for the 4th.  Will be BBQing with the DD and her crew.  Found a smore’s dessert I want to try out.  Hope to have time for crafting.  

 
6 users liked this post:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

 
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Scrap a Day, July 2nd
It's a hot one here today too!  Currently 96 with awful humidity.  I agree Barb, the dew point is crazy.  I was out early at 8 to meet Katie for coffee before my 9:30 hair appointment.  She is so busy and it was nice to catch up and chat.  Keeping all of the blinds closed and awning is out over the deck to help keep the heat out.  I am hanging in my craft space for the remainder of the day!  Stay cool, hydrated and be safe in this heat!
4 users liked this post:
    ImageImage
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, July 2nd
pawprints wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 02, 2026 9:46 am
Hey Cherries. It is so hot outside already. It is actually not the temperature, it's the humidity and "feels like" temperature. I was out with the girls this morning and it is actually hard to breathe out there, and it was only 88 degrees at the time! But the dew point was 78 and the feels like 98! I'm not sure if I've ever seen a dew point that high when the actually temperature was only in the 80s. Our actual temperature high is supposed to be 98 today and I don't want to know what the dew point is going to be then! 

I have a long overdue nail appointment today that I am looking forward too. I skipped the last one when Twinkie was so sick and my nails are way too long. Plus I need my ingrown toe nail to be dealt with to. No other plans but to stay indoors. I just will have to go out and water my flowers, I do not want to loose them in this heat. I need to keep them all hydrated! Along with myself!

I am still working on getting my new challenges up. Hopefully when I get back home later today I will get back to working on them.

Have a great day Cherries.
That is hot!!! Enjoy your nail appointment. 
 
1 user liked this post:
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, July 2nd
MTCanuk wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 02, 2026 11:05 am
Hey, Barb!  Enjoy your pampering.  You’re right to keep hydrated.  

Looking very nice here.  Headed up into the 70’s.  And the weather is looking great for the 250th celebration. Been out walking.  Need to get showered and head to the grocery store.  Will get anything I need for the 4th.  Will be BBQing with the DD and her crew.  Found a smore’s dessert I want to try out.  Hope to have time for crafting.  

 
That weather sounds very nice. Enjoy!!
 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, July 2nd
VickiR wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 02, 2026 12:28 pm
It's a hot one here today too!  Currently 96 with awful humidity.  I agree Barb, the dew point is crazy.  I was out early at 8 to meet Katie for coffee before my 9:30 hair appointment.  She is so busy and it was nice to catch up and chat.  Keeping all of the blinds closed and awning is out over the deck to help keep the heat out.  I am hanging in my craft space for the remainder of the day!  Stay cool, hydrated and be safe in this heat!

Happy crafting, stay cool!
1 user liked this post:
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, July 2nd
Up very early today, woke up at 4:15 in a lot of pain.  Took a shower and was able to fall back asleep until 7.  It is better now, already did my at home exercises and a little bit of housework.  Working on a couple things for the new school year and will be writing down the new challenges. Hope everyone has a great day, stay cool in these crazy temperatures. 
4 users liked this post:
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

suewho372

Wild Cherry

Re: Scrap a Day, July 2nd
aheatfan wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 02, 2026 12:37 pm
Up very early today, woke up at 4:15 in a lot of pain.  Took a shower and was able to fall back asleep until 7.  It is better now, already did my at home exercises and a little bit of housework.  Working on a couple things for the new school year and will be writing down the new challenges. Hope everyone has a great day, stay cool in these crazy temperatures. 

I am so sorry you are having lots of pain, and maybe more than you did with your other surgery.  I was wondering how you were.
I hope it has eased up now.
1 user liked this post:
Susan
Image

                     
User avatar

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Re: Scrap a Day, July 2nd
Hazy blue skies and slight breeze. Going to b 89! Weather folks are dumbfounded that it’s so mild. Normally 100+ around 4th of July.

Going to a friend’s place and paint rocks today. I got her interested in painting rocks a couple years ago but only the small decorative ones. She lives in a small mobile home which has large rocks around the front area instead of lawn. She has cleaned the rocks so a good surface to decorate. Lol. I’m bringing stencils, perfect pearls, glitter glue etc to this event. Should b fun lol maybe!

Have a fun day.
5 users liked this post:
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Scrap a Day, July 2nd
pawprints wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 02, 2026 9:46 am
Hey Cherries. It is so hot outside already. It is actually not the temperature, it's the humidity and "feels like" temperature. I was out with the girls this morning and it is actually hard to breathe out there, and it was only 88 degrees at the time! But the dew point was 78 and the feels like 98! I'm not sure if I've ever seen a dew point that high when the actually temperature was only in the 80s. Our actual temperature high is supposed to be 98 today and I don't want to know what the dew point is going to be then! 

I have a long overdue nail appointment today that I am looking forward too. I skipped the last one when Twinkie was so sick and my nails are way too long. Plus I need my ingrown toe nail to be dealt with to. No other plans but to stay indoors. I just will have to go out and water my flowers, I do not want to loose them in this heat. I need to keep them all hydrated! Along with myself!

I am still working on getting my new challenges up. Hopefully when I get back home later today I will get back to working on them.

Have a great day Cherries.


Enjoy your nail appointment and ouchies on the toenail!  My flowers will be calling for a drink this evening too.
 
1 user liked this post:
    ImageImage
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Scrap a Day, July 2nd
MTCanuk wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 02, 2026 11:05 am
Hey, Barb!  Enjoy your pampering.  You’re right to keep hydrated.  

Looking very nice here.  Headed up into the 70’s.  And the weather is looking great for the 250th celebration. Been out walking.  Need to get showered and head to the grocery store.  Will get anything I need for the 4th.  Will be BBQing with the DD and her crew.  Found a smore’s dessert I want to try out.  Hope to have time for crafting.  

 

I want your weather!!!  That smore's dessert sounds yummy.  I just made me DGS a peanut butter cup/brownie dessert that was a huge hit.
    ImageImage
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Scrap a Day, July 2nd
aheatfan wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 02, 2026 12:37 pm
Up very early today, woke up at 4:15 in a lot of pain.  Took a shower and was able to fall back asleep until 7.  It is better now, already did my at home exercises and a little bit of housework.  Working on a couple things for the new school year and will be writing down the new challenges. Hope everyone has a great day, stay cool in these crazy temperatures. 
Kristin, you are so inspiring!  You have the best attitude and push through everything.  Hope you have a good day.
 
2 users liked this post:
    ImageImage
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, July 2nd
aheatfan wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 02, 2026 12:37 pm
Up very early today, woke up at 4:15 in a lot of pain.  Took a shower and was able to fall back asleep until 7.  It is better now, already did my at home exercises and a little bit of housework.  Working on a couple things for the new school year and will be writing down the new challenges. Hope everyone has a great day, stay cool in these crazy temperatures. 

I'm sorry you woke up with so much pain. Glad you're doing better now.
1 user liked this post:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Scrap a Day, July 2nd
Charleneanne wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 02, 2026 1:19 pm
Hazy blue skies and slight breeze. Going to b 89! Weather folks are dumbfounded that it’s so mild. Normally 100+ around 4th of July.

Going to a friend’s place and paint rocks today. I got her interested in painting rocks a couple years ago but only the small decorative ones. She lives in a small mobile home which has large rocks around the front area instead of lawn. She has cleaned the rocks so a good surface to decorate. Lol. I’m bringing stencils, perfect pearls, glitter glue etc to this event. Should b fun lol maybe!

Have a fun day.


Oh, that sounds like so much fun!  I love painting rocks and do this for Halloween.  Very relaxing.  One of my former Girl Scouts who is now a teacher, does child care camps over the summer months and rock painting was her craft yesterday!
Image
 
1 user liked this post:
    ImageImage
User avatar

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Scrap a Day, July 2nd
I have the words from a song from the musical 1776 running through my head “it’s hot as hell in Philadelphia “

so much going on here but the heat is rough. Benjamin and I went to a parade this morning, but it was a pretty small parade so we came home. There is a free queen Latifa concert tonight and a drone show at independence hall so we hope to pack a picnic and go to those. It’s just a couple blocks away and hopefully the heat won’t be as bad in the evening. 

I’m watering my garden multiple times today and otherwise staying indoors so I did manage a scrapbook page. 

have a great day and stay cool!
5 users liked this post:
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

 
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, July 2nd
Charleneanne wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 02, 2026 1:19 pm
Hazy blue skies and slight breeze. Going to b 89! Weather folks are dumbfounded that it’s so mild. Normally 100+ around 4th of July.

Going to a friend’s place and paint rocks today. I got her interested in painting rocks a couple years ago but only the small decorative ones. She lives in a small mobile home which has large rocks around the front area instead of lawn. She has cleaned the rocks so a good surface to decorate. Lol. I’m bringing stencils, perfect pearls, glitter glue etc to this event. Should b fun lol maybe!

Have a fun day.

Sounds like a fun day!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, July 2nd
Hello cherries! Today is our "Friday" as DH and I both have the day off tomorrow. Already got groceries for the week. Will have family over Saturday. DH is grilling burgers and 'dogs. 

Last night, DH and I went to Artesian Park for the DAR and SAR 4th of July Party and Photo-Op. It was surprisingly fun. We had the reading of the Declaration of Independence, took our photos, had sparklers and hotdogs for all. Got home near 10pm. Up early (even if I didn't wanna..lol). Unloaded dishwasher, washed a load of towels, made up the grocery list and even spent a couple of hours working. Once I got groceries put away, been dealing with emails. It's my client and her staff's "Friday" too, so I'm sure they are trying to get things done before the 3-day weekend.

Anyways, have a great day!
4 users liked this post:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 2nd
aheatfan wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 02, 2026 12:37 pm
Up very early today, woke up at 4:15 in a lot of pain.  Took a shower and was able to fall back asleep until 7.  It is better now, already did my at home exercises and a little bit of housework.  Working on a couple things for the new school year and will be writing down the new challenges. Hope everyone has a great day, stay cool in these crazy temperatures. 
I’m so sorry you’re in so much pain Kristin. {{{HUGS}}} and prayers! 💝🙏💝🙏💝🙏
 
1 user liked this post:
Image
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 2nd
Charleneanne wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 02, 2026 1:19 pm
Hazy blue skies and slight breeze. Going to b 89! Weather folks are dumbfounded that it’s so mild. Normally 100+ around 4th of July.

Going to a friend’s place and paint rocks today. I got her interested in painting rocks a couple years ago but only the small decorative ones. She lives in a small mobile home which has large rocks around the front area instead of lawn. She has cleaned the rocks so a good surface to decorate. Lol. I’m bringing stencils, perfect pearls, glitter glue etc to this event. Should b fun lol maybe!

Have a fun day.

Sounds like fun! Enjoy!
Image
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 2nd
Hello Cherries! 🍒 

Remember a couple of weeks ago I was in the phone for 4 hours trying to straighten some things out? Well it paid off!!! We got everything restored and got most of what we should have gotten in the first place! Hallelujah!!! Now I have to decide what I want more… A dishwasher, a dryer or a heater for my craft room. Lolol! I think right now the dishwasher might win. Lolol! But the heater doesn’t require water and we’re so very low on water… Decisions decisions! lol!

I have most of the day to myself today. Mike and his crewmates are getting things ready to start commercial fishing for salmon in a few days so he’s been taking our car every day. Today being senior day for groceries with 10% off Steve went in with him. He’ll hang out and maybe help the crew until they’re done. So I can do whatever I want! I do need to walk over to where Spot and her chicks are and give them a snack and water. And I’ll give the rest of the birds some kind of goodies. Good to get out and walk around a bit. :)

I got all my paper scraps sorted last night and I know what pictures I want to print for Sue’s special challenge and the book lovers challenge. Need to print those today. And need to copy the rest of the July challenges too. 

Hope you’re all having a great day!!! Stay cool and hydrated!!!
3 users liked this post:
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee