Skip to main content
Just landed Fresh arrivals this week : Amber Ledgers, Pinkfresh Festive Fun, Honey Bee Acorn & Ember, and more! Shop New →
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Scrap a Day, July 4th
Happy 4th of July Cherries! The high heat and humidity continues here today, I have no plans at all. Normally I would have backyard and pool time with Twinkie and Sky but it is going to be too hot and too humid and not good for them to be out there, even with their pool. The only outdoor thing I have planned to do is water my flowers. Otherwise I'll be in the a/c all day working on my getting my challenges up.

Whatever plans you all have for today, have a wonderful time, and stay cool!
5 users liked this post:
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

MTCanuk

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, July 4th
Happy July 4th, Barb!  Sorry that heat is so oppressive.  Seeing lots of festivities being cancelled on the east coast.  

Going to be warm here in the mid 80’s.  Planning a BBQ with DD and her crew.  Need to get out and water flowers too.  DD got my lawn mowed yesterday.  Granddaughter was here doing her laundry, as grandson was using their machine.  
I was in bed, but I guess Mother Nature put a show of Northern Lights last night.  

Happy Birthday, America!
5 users liked this post:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

 
User avatar

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Scrap a Day, July 4th
Good morning. The concert last night actually happened, hot but not unbearable and a bit of lightning but no rain. Cooler this morning before it hits 100 again. Hoping to go to independence hall for whatever is going on today and fireworks tonight which we can watch from the roof. Maybe go to the pool also.

happy 4th of July!
5 users liked this post:
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

 
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Scrap a Day, July 4th
Good morning Cherries and Happy 4th of July to you all!  Still have the 3-H day again...hazy, hot and humid.  Nothing on our agenda for the day.  The kids are already at the beach for the week and we will be there soon too!  Our whole family and friends...16 of us.  I will need a vacation from vacation!  Fell asleep at 2 am after the fireworks died down.  Expecting the same tonight and through the weekend.  We'll be having our own little barbecue with just the two of us while taking in some golf and crafting.  Have a safe and wonderful day!

Image
5 users liked this post:
    ImageImage
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, July 4th
Happy 4th/ 250th.  Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday week.  No plans here besides exercise, elevate and ice. Will be watching festivities on TV and picking pictures for challenges I want to do.  Have fun everyone and stay safe and cool.  
4 users liked this post:
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, July 4th
VickiR wrote: ↑
Sat Jul 04, 2026 9:24 am
Good morning Cherries and Happy 4th of July to you all!  Still have the 3-H day again...hazy, hot and humid.  Nothing on our agenda for the day.  The kids are already at the beach for the week and we will be there soon too!  Our whole family and friends...16 of us.  I will need a vacation from vacation!  Fell asleep at 2 am after the fireworks died down.  Expecting the same tonight and through the weekend.  We'll be having our own little barbecue with just the two of us while taking in some golf and crafting.  Have a safe and wonderful day!

Image
Sounds alot like what DH and I are doing.  Too hot to plan for company or a cookout.  Enjoy your festivities in the a/c!
 
1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, July 4th
Hot here, though it is starting to get slightly cooler...high today is only 90.  LOL  Planning on boating/floating later this afternoon, but other than that, just hanging out here and watching concerts/fireworks on tv tonight.
4 users liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, July 4th
Finished a layout last night for the Book Lover's challenge.  My parents, and my mom is pregnant with me (they didn't go on their honeymoon until the summer after she graduated college but got married on spring break.) 

Image
4 users liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: Scrap a Day, July 4th
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Sat Jul 04, 2026 11:26 am
Finished a layout last night for the Book Lover's challenge.  My parents, and my mom is pregnant with me (they didn't go on their honeymoon until the summer after she graduated college but got married on spring break.) 

Image
Awesome layout Laura!
 
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 4th
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Sat Jul 04, 2026 11:26 am
Finished a layout last night for the Book Lover's challenge.  My parents, and my mom is pregnant with me (they didn't go on their honeymoon until the summer after she graduated college but got married on spring break.) 

Image
What a pretty layout Laura! I love the colors!
 
Image
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 4th
Happy 4th of July!!! 🎆🎇🧨🍒

It rained yesterday and last night! Not sure how much we got but I’m sure it wasn’t enough to fill our tank. Better than nothing though!!!

I’m still in that funk. Need to get out of it. I’m home alone today as the guys never went to town yesterday. It’s chilly and grey and looks like it could rain at any minute. So I chose not to go in and try to enjoy any of the happenings here. 

Hopefully I can do something productive today. :) 

Stay cool and enjoy the holiday!!!
3 users liked this post:
Image
User avatar

beachlover

Cherry Addict

Re: Scrap a Day, July 4th
Happy 4th Cherries!

It is 100 here, yesterday was even hotter and very humid.  I took Georgia out this morning when I got up at 8:30  and neither of us could 
take the heat even though we both stayed close to the house, in the shade!

I just finished my 1st LO of the month and hope to get at least one more done today.

Today is our 11th Anniversary and 6 years since my dad passed away.  DH and I may go out to
dinner tonight.  We have to eat and it's too nasty to cook!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day/weekend!
Image
 
2 users liked this post:
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
Image 
Image
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

 
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: Scrap a Day, July 4th
beachlover wrote: ↑
Sat Jul 04, 2026 2:41 pm
Happy 4th Cherries!

It is 100 here, yesterday was even hotter and very humid.  I took Georgia out this morning when I got up at 8:30  and neither of us could 
take the heat even though we both stayed close to the house, in the shade!

I just finished my 1st LO of the month and hope to get at least one more done today.

Today is our 11th Anniversary and 6 years since my dad passed away.  DH and I may go out to
dinner tonight.  We have to eat and it's too nasty to cook!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day/weekend!
Image
My gosh is it really 11 years?!! I can't believe that! Happy Anniversary!!

And ((hugs)) regarding your dad.

Sweet doggie layout!
 
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Re: Scrap a Day, July 4th
Sunny blue skies with a few hazy clouds. No breeze and 94 degrees today.

Doing nothing and going nowhere. My sons are a 10 minute drive away and have a pool lol. They also are having a bbq today but I’m just not a pool and eat outdoor person. I grill on a George Foreman on my kitchen counter. Obviously those two are their father’s boys.

Have a fun and safe 4th of July and stay cool!
2 users liked this post:
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: Scrap a Day, July 4th
Finally got my Music Challenge posted. I did this layout for my example.

Image
1 user liked this post:
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, July 4th
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Sat Jul 04, 2026 11:11 am
Hot here, though it is starting to get slightly cooler...high today is only 90.  LOL  Planning on boating/floating later this afternoon, but other than that, just hanging out here and watching concerts/fireworks on tv tonight.
Well, our boating/floating was cut short by a thunderstorm.  smh  It's okay...we got to cool off and got back to the dock safely.  Now, just enjoying our a/c and time at home with our pets...Eliza was happy to see us! ;)
 
1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, July 4th
pawprints wrote: ↑
Sat Jul 04, 2026 6:14 pm
Finally got my Music Challenge posted. I did this layout for my example.

Image

Barb, this is gorgeous!  Love the bright colors and all of your layers!
1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, July 4th
beachlover wrote: ↑
Sat Jul 04, 2026 2:41 pm
Happy 4th Cherries!

It is 100 here, yesterday was even hotter and very humid.  I took Georgia out this morning when I got up at 8:30  and neither of us could 
take the heat even though we both stayed close to the house, in the shade!

I just finished my 1st LO of the month and hope to get at least one more done today.

Today is our 11th Anniversary and 6 years since my dad passed away.  DH and I may go out to
dinner tonight.  We have to eat and it's too nasty to cook!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day/weekend!
Image
Happy Anniversary, Ann, and hugs!  Cute layout!
 
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, July 4th
GinniG wrote: ↑
Sat Jul 04, 2026 2:09 pm
Happy 4th of July!!! 🎆🎇🧨🍒

It rained yesterday and last night! Not sure how much we got but I’m sure it wasn’t enough to fill our tank. Better than nothing though!!!

I’m still in that funk. Need to get out of it. I’m home alone today as the guys never went to town yesterday. It’s chilly and grey and looks like it could rain at any minute. So I chose not to go in and try to enjoy any of the happenings here. 

Hopefully I can do something productive today. :) 

Stay cool and enjoy the holiday!!!

Glad you got some rain. We got some, too.  It interrupted our boat/float session.  Should've gone out earlier, but we were trying to avoid the crowds. LOL  I get being in a funk....this hot weather has me uninterested in celebrating this milestone holiday, sadly. :(  We stayed IN last night and didn't even take our boat out for the community fireworks.  I hope you can find a way out of your "funk!"
1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, July 4th
beachlover wrote: ↑
Sat Jul 04, 2026 2:41 pm
Happy 4th Cherries!

It is 100 here, yesterday was even hotter and very humid.  I took Georgia out this morning when I got up at 8:30  and neither of us could 
take the heat even though we both stayed close to the house, in the shade!

I just finished my 1st LO of the month and hope to get at least one more done today.

Today is our 11th Anniversary and 6 years since my dad passed away.  DH and I may go out to
dinner tonight.  We have to eat and it's too nasty to cook!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day/weekend!
Image

Happy Anniversary  💕
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee