Hey Cherries. Well our heat wave broke, but the humidity stuck around big time. It was only 77 when I went out with the girls this morning but the humidity was disgusting. I'll be in the a/c all day today, as I don't even have to go out and water my flowers, courtesy of last night's rain storm. We did not get it bad here, but further east they had severe thunderstorms with extreme damaging winds. DD lives east of here, and she was visiting someone even further east, and she texted that they got alerts on their phones to expect up to 80 mph winds and to take shelter! We did not get any of that here. Just a lot of rain. I saw on News12 that there are downed trees and many without power on eastern LI. Glad we were spared from that.
Not much on my agenda today except to stay in and work on getting my second challenge up. Hope you all have a great day.
The temp dropped after last night's storm, but the humidity is hanging in there. We are supposed to have another round of thunderstorms later today. Not a lot of noise from fireworks last night because the storm hit at dusk and it rained all night long. There was hail south of us and damaging winds with hail north of us. Thankfully it avoided our area. Overcast and 80 degrees now. Another good day to stay inside! Have a good day Cherries.
4 users liked this post:
There are a lot of downed trees and power outages in the Lancaster area too. Glad it missed us!pawprints wrote: ↑Sun Jul 05, 2026 9:56 amHey Cherries. Well our heat wave broke, but the humidity stuck around big time. It was only 77 when I went out with the girls this morning but the humidity was disgusting. I'll be in the a/c all day today, as I don't even have to go out and water my flowers, courtesy of last night's rain storm. We did not get it bad here, but further east they had severe thunderstorms with extreme damaging winds. DD lives east of here, and she was visiting someone even further east, and she texted that they got alerts on their phones to expect up to 80 mph winds and to take shelter! We did not get any of that here. Just a lot of rain. I saw on News12 that there are downed trees and many without power on eastern LI. Glad we were spared from that.
Not much on my agenda today except to stay in and work on getting my second challenge up. Hope you all have a great day.
1 user liked this post:
Morning everyone! It's still hot and humid here with 86 degrees. The quick rain did cool it down a bit for fireworks last night. We only got a 5 minute rain, but lots of thunder and some lightning. We had a great family get together down by the river.
Asking for some prayers. My SIL fell yesterday (not 4th of July related) broke both wrists and her hip that she had surgery on several years ago. She's 70. Was able to set one wrist and will probably require surgery on her other wrist and hip. But, of course with the holiday weekend they don't have any doctors available. They came up to visit from Alabama and to help clean out the family home.
Asking for some prayers. My SIL fell yesterday (not 4th of July related) broke both wrists and her hip that she had surgery on several years ago. She's 70. Was able to set one wrist and will probably require surgery on her other wrist and hip. But, of course with the holiday weekend they don't have any doctors available. They came up to visit from Alabama and to help clean out the family home.
4 users liked this post:


pawprints wrote: ↑Sun Jul 05, 2026 9:56 amHey Cherries. Well our heat wave broke, but the humidity stuck around big time. It was only 77 when I went out with the girls this morning but the humidity was disgusting. I'll be in the a/c all day today, as I don't even have to go out and water my flowers, courtesy of last night's rain storm. We did not get it bad here, but further east they had severe thunderstorms with extreme damaging winds. DD lives east of here, and she was visiting someone even further east, and she texted that they got alerts on their phones to expect up to 80 mph winds and to take shelter! We did not get any of that here. Just a lot of rain. I saw on News12 that there are downed trees and many without power on eastern LI. Glad we were spared from that.
Not much on my agenda today except to stay in and work on getting my second challenge up. Hope you all have a great day.
Yes, that storm ruined our afternoon boat/float session. LOL It's okay, we were already wet when the downpour started, and we got out of the water before any lightning hit. Glad I don't have to water my flowers today! It was only 76 degrees when I got up and it has been over 80 all week, so that's a plus, but yes, it is still humid. Have a great day, Barb!
1 user liked this post:
Laura


Glad you didn't get the wind and hail, Vicki! Our storm was earlier, so tons of people were setting off fireworks until midnight. Poor Eliza...she was shaking when it started. Woke her out of her deep sleep, poor thing.VickiR wrote: ↑Sun Jul 05, 2026 10:05 amThe temp dropped after last night's storm, but the humidity is hanging in there. We are supposed to have another round of thunderstorms later today. Not a lot of noise from fireworks last night because the storm hit at dusk and it rained all night long. There was hail south of us and damaging winds with hail north of us. Thankfully it avoided our area. Overcast and 80 degrees now. Another good day to stay inside! Have a good day Cherries.
1 user liked this post:
Laura


Deanna13 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 05, 2026 10:12 amMorning everyone! It's still hot and humid here with 86 degrees. The quick rain did cool it down a bit for fireworks last night. We only got a 5 minute rain, but lots of thunder and some lightning. We had a great family get together down by the river.
Asking for some prayers. My SIL fell yesterday (not 4th of July related) broke both wrists and her hip that she had surgery on several years ago. She's 70. Was able to set one wrist and will probably require surgery on her other wrist and hip. But, of course with the holiday weekend they don't have any doctors available. They came up to visit from Alabama and to help clean out the family home.
Oh, your poor SIL! I hope she can get the treatment she needs soon! Praying for her!
1 user liked this post:
Laura


Oh my! That's terrible. Sending prayers of comfort and that she is able to heal quickly. Hope she gets the attention she needs soon.Deanna13 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 05, 2026 10:12 amMorning everyone! It's still hot and humid here with 86 degrees. The quick rain did cool it down a bit for fireworks last night. We only got a 5 minute rain, but lots of thunder and some lightning. We had a great family get together down by the river.
Asking for some prayers. My SIL fell yesterday (not 4th of July related) broke both wrists and her hip that she had surgery on several years ago. She's 70. Was able to set one wrist and will probably require surgery on her other wrist and hip. But, of course with the holiday weekend they don't have any doctors available. They came up to visit from Alabama and to help clean out the family home.
1 user liked this post:
Oh, spit! This is when the Student Doctors take over. Am hoping all goes well.Deanna13 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 05, 2026 10:12 amMorning everyone! It's still hot and humid here with 86 degrees. The quick rain did cool it down a bit for fireworks last night. We only got a 5 minute rain, but lots of thunder and some lightning. We had a great family get together down by the river.
Asking for some prayers. My SIL fell yesterday (not 4th of July related) broke both wrists and her hip that she had surgery on several years ago. She's 70. Was able to set one wrist and will probably require surgery on her other wrist and hip. But, of course with the holiday weekend they don't have any doctors available. They came up to visit from Alabama and to help clean out the family home.
We were watching the Macys fireworks last night, and I made a crack about the fireworks taking out a bridge. Actually the crack was something along the line of 'doing a Chicago number'. Who knew that would actually happen.
We have had an overload of rain. Alerts every 10 minutes.
Last edited by Sue2024 on Sun Jul 05, 2026 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 user liked this post:
A thousand pictures can be drawn from one word; only who is the artist, we gotta agree....
Moody Blues, 'I'm Just a Singer'
Moody Blues, 'I'm Just a Singer'
Got this layout finished for the Half It with a Twist challenge. 


3 users liked this post:
Laura


Deanna13 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 05, 2026 10:12 amMorning everyone! It's still hot and humid here with 86 degrees. The quick rain did cool it down a bit for fireworks last night. We only got a 5 minute rain, but lots of thunder and some lightning. We had a great family get together down by the river.
Asking for some prayers. My SIL fell yesterday (not 4th of July related) broke both wrists and her hip that she had surgery on several years ago. She's 70. Was able to set one wrist and will probably require surgery on her other wrist and hip. But, of course with the holiday weekend they don't have any doctors available. They came up to visit from Alabama and to help clean out the family home.
Oh my! I'm so sorry to hear that. Prayers for your SIL.
Brandy





Beautiful!! LOVE the title and the butterflies.Art_Teacher wrote: ↑Sun Jul 05, 2026 12:31 pmGot this layout finished for the Half It with a Twist challenge.
1 user liked this post:
Brandy





Hello cherries! Whew! Survived the past two days. Spent all day Friday doing laundry (did about 7 loads) and cleaning (sweeping/mopping floors, vacuuming, dusting, etc). Slept in a little bit yesterday and got another load of laundry in and unloaded the dishwasher. Had my biological father and his wife over, along with my brother, SIL and the 4 nephews. The boys had fun - my SIL brought over a large container of sidewalk chalk for them to play with. DH grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. Charlie and Sissy left about 2:30pm; my brother and SIL left about 4pm. DH and I put our house back in order, showered and relaxed the rest of the night. Binged Texas Rising on Prime. Luckily the fireworks weren't too bad, except one big POP! that sounded like it was right on our front porch. That one scared Jasmine, but after some CBD oil, she calmed down. Shelby sat up, but laid back down. My Dad's 2 dogs Ginnie and Jake were completely fine, thank goodness. We went to bed at 1am, and DH was up early and I got up around 9am. Fed everyone, unloaded dishwasher and got the table cloth in the washer (actually it's drying now). I still need to clean up my office - never did that Friday or yesterday. Then I'll start scrapping. But it won't be for me. I'd like to get started on the DAR Scrapbook I'm now in charge since being implemented as Historian.
Hope everyone has a great day!
Hope everyone has a great day!
3 users liked this post:
Brandy





Spent yesterday afternoon playing with my new layering stencil. I love those things. Makes me feel almost like an artist! lol. I think this card looks like driving through Wyoming.
A bit cooler today only upper 80’s. Nice little breeze and fluffy white clouds in the sky. I could/should do a bit of tidying up but who knows if that will happen.
Have a super Sunday and take it easy.

A bit cooler today only upper 80’s. Nice little breeze and fluffy white clouds in the sky. I could/should do a bit of tidying up but who knows if that will happen.
Have a super Sunday and take it easy.
1 user liked this post:
Second layout finished for the Sketch with a Twist, combined with the Taylor Swift challenge.


1 user liked this post:
Laura


DD sent some photos of some large tree limbs that fell on her roof and in her yard.VickiR wrote: ↑Sun Jul 05, 2026 10:06 amThere are a lot of downed trees and power outages in the Lancaster area too. Glad it missed us!pawprints wrote: ↑Sun Jul 05, 2026 9:56 amHey Cherries. Well our heat wave broke, but the humidity stuck around big time. It was only 77 when I went out with the girls this morning but the humidity was disgusting. I'll be in the a/c all day today, as I don't even have to go out and water my flowers, courtesy of last night's rain storm. We did not get it bad here, but further east they had severe thunderstorms with extreme damaging winds. DD lives east of here, and she was visiting someone even further east, and she texted that they got alerts on their phones to expect up to 80 mph winds and to take shelter! We did not get any of that here. Just a lot of rain. I saw on News12 that there are downed trees and many without power on eastern LI. Glad we were spared from that.
Not much on my agenda today except to stay in and work on getting my second challenge up. Hope you all have a great day.
1 user liked this post:

Whew! You have been busy! I hope you are getting to relax some today!blbabe1234 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 05, 2026 1:54 pmHello cherries! Whew! Survived the past two days. Spent all day Friday doing laundry (did about 7 loads) and cleaning (sweeping/mopping floors, vacuuming, dusting, etc). Slept in a little bit yesterday and got another load of laundry in and unloaded the dishwasher. Had my biological father and his wife over, along with my brother, SIL and the 4 nephews. The boys had fun - my SIL brought over a large container of sidewalk chalk for them to play with. DH grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. Charlie and Sissy left about 2:30pm; my brother and SIL left about 4pm. DH and I put our house back in order, showered and relaxed the rest of the night. Binged Texas Rising on Prime. Luckily the fireworks weren't too bad, except one big POP! that sounded like it was right on our front porch. That one scared Jasmine, but after some CBD oil, she calmed down. Shelby sat up, but laid back down. My Dad's 2 dogs Ginnie and Jake were completely fine, thank goodness. We went to bed at 1am, and DH was up early and I got up around 9am. Fed everyone, unloaded dishwasher and got the table cloth in the washer (actually it's drying now). I still need to clean up my office - never did that Friday or yesterday. Then I'll start scrapping. But it won't be for me. I'd like to get started on the DAR Scrapbook I'm now in charge since being implemented as Historian.
Hope everyone has a great day!
Laura


Art_Teacher wrote: ↑Sun Jul 05, 2026 12:31 pmGot this layout finished for the Half It with a Twist challenge.
Wow I love the whole nature look of this layout! Gorgeous!
1 user liked this post:

Charleneanne wrote: ↑Sun Jul 05, 2026 2:21 pmSpent yesterday afternoon playing with my new layering stencil. I love those things. Makes me feel almost like an artist! lol. I think this card looks like driving through Wyoming.
A bit cooler today only upper 80’s. Nice little breeze and fluffy white clouds in the sky. I could/should do a bit of tidying up but who knows if that will happen.
Have a super Sunday and take it easy.
Beautiful card! You ARE an artist....artists are allowed to use tools to help them create their art.
1 user liked this post:
Laura


Charleneanne wrote: ↑Sun Jul 05, 2026 2:21 pmSpent yesterday afternoon playing with my new layering stencil. I love those things. Makes me feel almost like an artist! lol. I think this card looks like driving through Wyoming.
A bit cooler today only upper 80’s. Nice little breeze and fluffy white clouds in the sky. I could/should do a bit of tidying up but who knows if that will happen.
Have a super Sunday and take it easy.
Beautiful card Charleneanne!
1 user liked this post:

Information
Moderators








