Skip to main content
World Card Making Day SALE! Take 15% off the regular price of everything, or 20% off orders $100+ with codeWCMD
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/2000
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Scrap a Day, July 10th
Hey Cherries. I originally thought I would finish working on my outside pots today, but the humidity is through the roof. So that's not going to happen. I may have to run out for a few things later, but otherwise will be inside in the a/c. I finally got really into working on a house project yesterday and hope to keep up the momentum and work on it some more today. 

Have a great day Cherries.
5 users liked this post:
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, July 10th
Good luck on your project Barb.  Up early for PT, good session.  The heat and humidity are brutal here too.  Today I will continue with negative scanning.  Yesterday I found a treasure… a picture of my beloved grandpa with his brothers and sisters,  never met them but glad to have it.  Stay cool everyone. 
5 users liked this post:
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Scrap a Day, July 10th
aheatfan wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 10, 2026 10:14 am
Good luck on your project Barb.  Up early for PT, good session.  The heat and humidity are brutal here too.  Today I will continue with negative scanning.  Yesterday I found a treasure… a picture of my beloved grandpa with his brothers and sisters,  never met them but glad to have it.  Stay cool everyone. 
Always wonderful when you find a treasure like that.
 
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

 
User avatar

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Scrap a Day, July 10th
Humid here today also. I did a little scrapping this morning, only 3 or 4 more pages and the Africa album will be done.

I’m playing bridge this afternoon and then Getting a drink with my bridge partner so I can tell her all about the jury duty trial.

happy Friday everyone!
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

 
User avatar

MTCanuk

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, July 10th
Heating up in the west.  Suppose to be 98-100 through the weekend.  Not a happy camper. The heat makes me want to do NOTHING!  Don’t know how you ladies in the south put up with it!   I got out early to walk and have a haircut later. Today is grandson #1 birthday. DH and Nic’s dad are driving out to camp to visit and celebrate with him. Hard to believe he is 18!  He has grown up way too fast!

Have a great Friday!


 
4 users liked this post:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

 
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 10th
pawprints wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 10, 2026 8:55 am
Hey Cherries. I originally thought I would finish working on my outside pots today, but the humidity is through the roof. So that's not going to happen. I may have to run out for a few things later, but otherwise will be inside in the a/c. I finally got really into working on a house project yesterday and hope to keep up the momentum and work on it some more today. 

Have a great day Cherries.

Hope you can get your project finished soon! Stay cool!!!!
1 user liked this post:
Image
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 10th
aheatfan wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 10, 2026 10:14 am
Good luck on your project Barb.  Up early for PT, good session.  The heat and humidity are brutal here too.  Today I will continue with negative scanning.  Yesterday I found a treasure… a picture of my beloved grandpa with his brothers and sisters,  never met them but glad to have it.  Stay cool everyone. 
What a wonderful thing to find! And glad you had a good PT session! Stay cool!
 
Image
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 10th
trainmom wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 10, 2026 10:29 am
Humid here today also. I did a little scrapping this morning, only 3 or 4 more pages and the Africa album will be done.

I’m playing bridge this afternoon and then Getting a drink with my bridge partner so I can tell her all about the jury duty trial.

happy Friday everyone!

Yay for an album being almost done! I bet you had some really amazing pictures from Africa! Good luck at bridge!
Image
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 10th
MTCanuk wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 10, 2026 10:56 am
Heating up in the west.  Suppose to be 98-100 through the weekend.  Not a happy camper. The heat makes me want to do NOTHING!  Don’t know how you ladies in the south put up with it!   I got out early to walk and have a haircut later. Today is grandson #1 birthday. DH and Nic’s dad are driving out to camp to visit and celebrate with him. Hard to believe he is 18!  He has grown up way too fast!

Have a great Friday!


 

Happy birthday to grandson #1!!! They really do grow up fast!!! Our oldest just turned 24 and our youngest will be 13 in October! Hope the heat doesn’t zap your energy too much!
Image
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 10th
Hello Cherries! 🍒 

We were up at 6 am to say goodbye to Greg and Joe. Took them awhile to get the trailer hooked up properly. A borrowed 52 year old truck made things quite interesting! It took them about 5 hours to get the trailer un-stuck, turn it around and then get it where he could just pull out with it. 

Then we had to go get groceries because it was senior day and we get an extra 10% off. It’s a big savings! And after that I had to make dinner. Joe wanted hot dogs and Mac n cheese so that’s what I made! :) 

I did get some scrappy time yesterday! I’m about half finished with a layout. I had to quit at 9:30 because I was tired! Lololol! 

Today I have a bunch of stuff to put away in the kitchen, need to do the dishes and then I can play! 

Hope you’re all having a great Friday!!!! 
3 users liked this post:
Image
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, July 10th
aheatfan wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 10, 2026 10:14 am
Good luck on your project Barb.  Up early for PT, good session.  The heat and humidity are brutal here too.  Today I will continue with negative scanning.  Yesterday I found a treasure… a picture of my beloved grandpa with his brothers and sisters,  never met them but glad to have it.  Stay cool everyone. 

How awesome is that!!! 
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, July 10th
trainmom wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 10, 2026 10:29 am
Humid here today also. I did a little scrapping this morning, only 3 or 4 more pages and the Africa album will be done.

I’m playing bridge this afternoon and then Getting a drink with my bridge partner so I can tell her all about the jury duty trial.

happy Friday everyone!

Congrats on almost being done with the Africa Album!! 

Enjoy that drink and the Bridge game.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, July 10th
MTCanuk wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 10, 2026 10:56 am
Heating up in the west.  Suppose to be 98-100 through the weekend.  Not a happy camper. The heat makes me want to do NOTHING!  Don’t know how you ladies in the south put up with it!   I got out early to walk and have a haircut later. Today is grandson #1 birthday. DH and Nic’s dad are driving out to camp to visit and celebrate with him. Hard to believe he is 18!  He has grown up way too fast!

Have a great Friday!


 

Happy Birthday to your grandson!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, July 10th
GinniG wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 10, 2026 12:00 pm
Hello Cherries! 🍒 

We were up at 6 am to say goodbye to Greg and Joe. Took them awhile to get the trailer hooked up properly. A borrowed 52 year old truck made things quite interesting! It took them about 5 hours to get the trailer un-stuck, turn it around and then get it where he could just pull out with it. 

Then we had to go get groceries because it was senior day and we get an extra 10% off. It’s a big savings! And after that I had to make dinner. Joe wanted hot dogs and Mac n cheese so that’s what I made! :) 

I did get some scrappy time yesterday! I’m about half finished with a layout. I had to quit at 9:30 because I was tired! Lololol! 

Today I have a bunch of stuff to put away in the kitchen, need to do the dishes and then I can play! 

Hope you’re all having a great Friday!!!! 
Glad y'all got the trailer un-stuck. 

Hurry up and clean up so you can play. :)
 
1 user liked this post:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, July 10th
Good morning cherries and Happy Friday! Whew, what a work week. Glad it's almost over with. Didn't sleep very good last night, so hoping to sleep in this weekend, even if it's just a li'l bit. 

Went to HEB to get groceries and put those away. Took care of a couple of emails while eating breakfast. Then took off to Hobby Lobby. Their 4th of July stuff was 75% off and their scrapbooking stuff was 40%. Stocked up on some unique patriotic papers (both 12x12 and 8.5X11), embellishments, lots of stars, washi tape and some veneers. Grabbed a couple of albums in solid colors as I could use our chapter's DAR logo as an image on the cover. Also picked up a few more items that caught my eye and would either fit into a DAR layout or a personal one. Always thinking ahead.  😉  They had these adorable gold glittery paw print stickers. Did I need them? No. Did I buy them? Absolutely!  😁

Now I'm home, taking care of some more emails. Hopefully I can finish what I started yesterday. Or make a nice dent in it.

Have a great day y'all
3 users liked this post:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: Scrap a Day, July 10th
MTCanuk wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 10, 2026 10:56 am
Heating up in the west.  Suppose to be 98-100 through the weekend.  Not a happy camper. The heat makes me want to do NOTHING!  Don’t know how you ladies in the south put up with it!   I got out early to walk and have a haircut later. Today is grandson #1 birthday. DH and Nic’s dad are driving out to camp to visit and celebrate with him. Hard to believe he is 18!  He has grown up way too fast!

Have a great Friday!


 
Happy Birthday to your grandson! I know what you mean. My Maddie will be 18 in September and I just can't wrap my head around that.
 
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: Scrap a Day, July 10th
aheatfan wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 10, 2026 10:14 am
Good luck on your project Barb.  Up early for PT, good session.  The heat and humidity are brutal here too.  Today I will continue with negative scanning.  Yesterday I found a treasure… a picture of my beloved grandpa with his brothers and sisters,  never met them but glad to have it.  Stay cool everyone. 

What an awesome find! I was going through some of DH's things yesterday and I found some letters he wrote home from summer camp and a cute story he wrote in school. Real treasures. 
2 users liked this post:
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Re: Scrap a Day, July 10th
Well another clear sunny hot day here! Must b summer. 95 today with fortunately a slight delta breeze which will make it somewhat better. Errands to run so up and at it early. Beds made, kitchen is clean, laundry’s running already.

Something seems to have bitten me on little finger of left hand. Big bump and all itchy. Younger DS probably needs to spray the house perimeter but lol he leaves for Myrtle Beach tonight for a week with his sisters family so doubt he’ll b over at all today!

Have a fun filled Friday.
1 user liked this post:
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, July 10th
pawprints wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 10, 2026 12:51 pm
aheatfan wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 10, 2026 10:14 am
Good luck on your project Barb.  Up early for PT, good session.  The heat and humidity are brutal here too.  Today I will continue with negative scanning.  Yesterday I found a treasure… a picture of my beloved grandpa with his brothers and sisters,  never met them but glad to have it.  Stay cool everyone. 

What an awesome find! I was going through some of DH's things yesterday and I found some letters he wrote home from summer camp and a cute story he wrote in school. Real treasures.  
OMGoodness! How sweet is that Barb. So many hugs!

When Papa and Grannie sold their South Texas farm in the early 90s before moving up to Victoria, they had all the kids help go thru stuff, pack, etc. My mother and her younger sister found their mother's trunk, that she had received from her mother when she married my Papa. In there, one treasure I remember they had stumbled upon was a letter that Papa wrote to his first love, my grandmother, Lula Mae. He was 17, she was 15. It was sweet. Young Love! They would end up marrying 1 year later, having 4 kids. Unfortunetly my grandmother passed away at the age of 35 in '69 from cancer. :( Never got a chance to meet her, but Papa, my mother and her siblings never wasted anytime telling me about her. As I got older, Papa would tell me that I even sounded like her. My voice and how I spoke. My mother's youngest sister looks alot like her too. 
1 user liked this post:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, July 10th
Lately I've been running to stand still with everything, but what else is new. I had said yes to a lot of BIG manuscripts so all my chickens have come home to roost lol. The heat hasn't helped. You guys know our ac broke during the heat wave. We got a portable ac unit (as renters, we are NOT investing in a big wall unit; this one was here when we moved in 16 years ago so we're surprised it lasted this long) so fingers crossed it will help. Dh took today off because tonight we have tix to a Mets game and it's my first time back to the stadium since not working there. It should be interesting. It's a t-shirt giveaway and fireworks night. Tomorrow I'll have to get cracking at work again lol.
2 users liked this post:
Happy Scrapping, cherries!
Hugs, Anne-Marie
Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee