Skip to main content
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Scrap a Day, July 14th
Hey Cherries. We start another heat wave as we are expected to hit 92 today and even higher tomorrow. I have an a/c tech coming this afternoon to check out my main central unit. It cools the house fine, but once the temperature outside starts hitting the mid to upper 90s it does this thing where it cycles on then pretty much immediately off. I only notice it because when I'm on my computer the units are right outside my window and I hear it go on then go immediately off. Constantly. And when it does that it has trouble keeping the house temp cool. Once the outside temp comes down to the 80s and below it functions normally again. Googilng tells me it is doing something called "short cycling" and it should be checked out. So I have a tech coming today.

I got the parts for my shower yesterday and my SIL installed them last night. Ran into a little glitch but it is working and showers will be comfortable again! 

I'm almost finished with a layout that I have been working on here and there the last few days. I hope to get it finished today.

Have a great day Cherries.
4 users liked this post:
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Scrap a Day, July 14th
I am hoping to finish my Africa album today, I just need to complete the 2-pager I'm working on now and then a 1 pager. I've been working on this album since January. Zach has been here for a couple days and leaves tomorrow, I would like to show him the album before he leaves. He's working remotely from our house today and going to the All-star game tonight. Benjamin is also here and is also going to the all-star game tonight so we have a full house for a few days, which is brief but nice. 

 
5 users liked this post:
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

 
User avatar

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Re: Scrap a Day, July 14th
Happy Bastille Day! Viva La France!
Low 100’s today and tomorrow and no breeze at all. Stay in the house all day and cut my evening walk down to 25-30 minutes around dusk. Oh well I have plenty of Dr. Pepper, my craft stuff, and I’m lazy enough to not mind sitting around the house all day.

Stay cool.
4 users liked this post:
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: Scrap a Day, July 14th
trainmom wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 14, 2026 10:48 am
I am hoping to finish my Africa album today, I just need to complete the 2-pager I'm working on now and then a 1 pager. I've been working on this album since January. Zach has been here for a couple days and leaves tomorrow, I would like to show him the album before he leaves. He's working remotely from our house today and going to the All-star game tonight. Benjamin is also here and is also going to the all-star game tonight so we have a full house for a few days, which is brief but nice. 

 

That's so nice that you have both boys home for a few days. Enjoy them.
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

MTCanuk

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, July 14th
Seem to be puttering around the house today.  Generally picking up. Did change the bed and washing sheets.  Put yesterday’s laundry away.  It’s cloudy, hot and humid for us.  Not that high for you guys back east and down south.  But, hey!  I thought I lived in the desert.  We are suppose to have storms later with a chance of flooding.  
5 users liked this post:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

 
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Scrap a Day, July 14th
I was up, showered and out early to do a return at the mall among other things.  DH left at 5:30 for golf.  Ironically, we both pulled into the driveway at 12:15.  I was in the garage already as he pulled in.  A late lunch for both, bad movie for DH and some craft time for me.  It's currently 90 and will reach 92 soon.  It's the beginning of our heat dome alert days.  Ugh!
4 users liked this post:
    ImageImage
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: Scrap a Day, July 14th
VickiR wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 14, 2026 1:27 pm
I was up, showered and out early to do a return at the mall among other things.  DH left at 5:30 for golf.  Ironically, we both pulled into the driveway at 12:15.  I was in the garage already as he pulled in.  A late lunch for both, bad movie for DH and some craft time for me.  It's currently 90 and will reach 92 soon.  It's the beginning of our heat dome alert days.  Ugh!

Same here with the heat wave. It's 91 going to 92 and will be even hotter tomorrow. Ugh.
1 user liked this post:
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Scrap a Day, July 14th
pawprints wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 14, 2026 1:51 pm
VickiR wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 14, 2026 1:27 pm
I was up, showered and out early to do a return at the mall among other things.  DH left at 5:30 for golf.  Ironically, we both pulled into the driveway at 12:15.  I was in the garage already as he pulled in.  A late lunch for both, bad movie for DH and some craft time for me.  It's currently 90 and will reach 92 soon.  It's the beginning of our heat dome alert days.  Ugh!

Same here with the heat wave. It's 91 going to 92 and will be even hotter tomorrow. Ugh. 
As I've gotten older, there is less and less tolerance for the heat!  Right now, I'm at 0 tolerance!  LOL!
 
3 users liked this post:
    ImageImage
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 14th
pawprints wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 14, 2026 10:09 am
Hey Cherries. We start another heat wave as we are expected to hit 92 today and even higher tomorrow. I have an a/c tech coming this afternoon to check out my main central unit. It cools the house fine, but once the temperature outside starts hitting the mid to upper 90s it does this thing where it cycles on then pretty much immediately off. I only notice it because when I'm on my computer the units are right outside my window and I hear it go on then go immediately off. Constantly. And when it does that it has trouble keeping the house temp cool. Once the outside temp comes down to the 80s and below it functions normally again. Googilng tells me it is doing something called "short cycling" and it should be checked out. So I have a tech coming today.

I got the parts for my shower yesterday and my SIL installed them last night. Ran into a little glitch but it is working and showers will be comfortable again! 

I'm almost finished with a layout that I have been working on here and there the last few days. I hope to get it finished today.

Have a great day Cherries.

I hope the technician can fix your a/c quickly Barb! Stay cool! 
1 user liked this post:
Image
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 14th
trainmom wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 14, 2026 10:48 am
I am hoping to finish my Africa album today, I just need to complete the 2-pager I'm working on now and then a 1 pager. I've been working on this album since January. Zach has been here for a couple days and leaves tomorrow, I would like to show him the album before he leaves. He's working remotely from our house today and going to the All-star game tonight. Benjamin is also here and is also going to the all-star game tonight so we have a full house for a few days, which is brief but nice. 

 
How wonderful to have your family together even if it’s just a few days! Hope you can finish your album before Zach leaves!
 
Image
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 14th
Charleneanne wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 14, 2026 12:50 pm
Happy Bastille Day! Viva La France!
Low 100’s today and tomorrow and no breeze at all. Stay in the house all day and cut my evening walk down to 25-30 minutes around dusk. Oh well I have plenty of Dr. Pepper, my craft stuff, and I’m lazy enough to not mind sitting around the house all day.

Stay cool.
Happy Bastille Day! 

Stay cool whatever you decide to do!!!
 
1 user liked this post:
Image
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 14th
MTCanuk wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 14, 2026 1:18 pm
Seem to be puttering around the house today.  Generally picking up. Did change the bed and washing sheets.  Put yesterday’s laundry away.  It’s cloudy, hot and humid for us.  Not that high for you guys back east and down south.  But, hey!  I thought I lived in the desert.  We are suppose to have storms later with a chance of flooding.  

I hope it doesn’t flood Leslee! Stay cool and safe!
Image
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 14th
VickiR wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 14, 2026 1:27 pm
I was up, showered and out early to do a return at the mall among other things.  DH left at 5:30 for golf.  Ironically, we both pulled into the driveway at 12:15.  I was in the garage already as he pulled in.  A late lunch for both, bad movie for DH and some craft time for me.  It's currently 90 and will reach 92 soon.  It's the beginning of our heat dome alert days.  Ugh!
How funny that you both got home at the same time! I wonder what the chances are for that to happen? Stay safe and cool!
 
1 user liked this post:
Image
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 14th
Hello Cherries! 🍒 

We have finally got some summer weather coming! Today will be 67 and by Sunday we’ll be at 82!!! We’re in our 11th year here and it’s only gotten to 80 once for one day in that time! That’s like being in the mid 90s for most of you. lol! I’m happy it’s finally warming up but there’s no rain in the forecast. We may have to see if a friend or neighbor can get some for us from the mountain stream. If so it will be quite a production to get it into our tank in the house. Whatever works at this point!!!

I’m still fighting the sleepiness. So is Steve. Very strange! But I have things I need to get done. And I want to play too. Hopefully I can manage to get them all done. 

Hope you’re all having a wonderful day!!!!
3 users liked this post:
Image
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: Scrap a Day, July 14th
I finally got this layout done for the Baby/Kid challenge. I had a lot of fun with it. The expression on JJ's face cracks me up.

Image
4 users liked this post:
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, July 14th
trainmom wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 14, 2026 10:48 am
I am hoping to finish my Africa album today, I just need to complete the 2-pager I'm working on now and then a 1 pager. I've been working on this album since January. Zach has been here for a couple days and leaves tomorrow, I would like to show him the album before he leaves. He's working remotely from our house today and going to the All-star game tonight. Benjamin is also here and is also going to the all-star game tonight so we have a full house for a few days, which is brief but nice. 

 

Glad you'll be able to spend some time with your sons. Hope they enjoy the game tonight.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, July 14th
GinniG wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 14, 2026 2:13 pm
Hello Cherries! 🍒 

We have finally got some summer weather coming! Today will be 67 and by Sunday we’ll be at 82!!! We’re in our 11th year here and it’s only gotten to 80 once for one day in that time! That’s like being in the mid 90s for most of you. lol! I’m happy it’s finally warming up but there’s no rain in the forecast. We may have to see if a friend or neighbor can get some for us from the mountain stream. If so it will be quite a production to get it into our tank in the house. Whatever works at this point!!!

I’m still fighting the sleepiness. So is Steve. Very strange! But I have things I need to get done. And I want to play too. Hopefully I can manage to get them all done. 

Hope you’re all having a wonderful day!!!!
Glad its finally warming up for you. Enjoy!  🌞
 
1 user liked this post:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, July 14th
pawprints wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 14, 2026 3:33 pm
I finally got this layout done for the Baby/Kid challenge. I had a lot of fun with it. The expression on JJ's face cracks me up.

Image
LOVE how bright this is! JJ is so cute! And you know the puppies are enjoying her as well.
 
1 user liked this post:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee