Skip to main content
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Texas Cherries- Everybody Ok?
A bit worried about the Texas cherries today with very dangerous flooding, particularly Susan/Shoorn.  Saw on the today show that it’s going through her town specifically,  so sad after what they went through a couple years ago.  

Please stay safe and check in when you can.  Sending prayers to all of you.  
2 users liked this post:
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

njr007

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Texas Cherries- Everybody Ok?
I was also thinking about Susan as the storms seem to be stalled in her area.

I'm in DFW area and it will be a hit and miss for us with just a small chance of rain.
1 user liked this post:

Norma​​​​​​​
Scrapbooks remind us that life has been good
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

blfonty

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Texas Cherries- Everybody Ok?
Stay safe Cherries in TX! We had flash flooding in East TN over the weekend. The water surge is very scary. My son had to take an alternate route home from work. We're all okay here. I'm happy to be retired and able to choose when I go out to run errands.
1 user liked this post:
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Image.  Image.  Image  
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Texas Cherries- Everybody Ok?
njr007 wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 16, 2026 12:43 pm
I was also thinking about Susan as the storms seem to be stalled in her area.

I'm in DFW area and it will be a hit and miss for us with just a small chance of rain.
Glad you are safe from that and only a small chance of rain. 
 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Texas Cherries- Everybody Ok?
blfonty wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 16, 2026 12:54 pm
Stay safe Cherries in TX! We had flash flooding in East TN over the weekend. The water surge is very scary. My son had to take an alternate route home from work. We're all okay here. I'm happy to be retired and able to choose when I go out to run errands.

Oh wow, I missed that on the news. So glad you are all ok. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Texas Cherries- Everybody Ok?
Thinking of everyone in this crazy weather!  Flooding, heat, smoke!  Stay safe and please check in so we know you're okay!
2 users liked this post:
    ImageImage
User avatar

Kelly R.

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Texas Cherries- Everybody Ok?
I'm on the West side of Texas on the New Mexico border.  We got a nice rain on Sunday.  More is in the forecast for today.  We will see.  
1 user liked this post:
:) Kelly 
User avatar

lisn2cats

Cherry Bomb

Re: Texas Cherries- Everybody Ok?
I think Susan is okay - I pinged  her on FB, but I saw that she posted on SB on our Budget Challenge board. Fingers crossed - I think it was last year that her community had a casualty and damage. 

Kelly - aren't you in the area too?
2 users liked this post:
Image  ImageImage
User avatar

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

Re: Texas Cherries- Everybody Ok?
Prayers going up for all our Texas cherries' safety!!
1 user liked this post:
Happy Scrapping, cherries!
Hugs, Anne-Marie
User avatar

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Re: Texas Cherries- Everybody Ok?
Sending Prayers! Hope everyone is ok.
2 users liked this post:
Image Image ImageImage
User avatar

lisn2cats

Cherry Bomb

Re: Texas Cherries- Everybody Ok?
So far so good on the Susan front:
"We're okay. Spent several hours at the pavilion starting around 5 am. Flood is as bad as the one last year. Not out of the woods yet as we look to have more rain coming. River is still high just below the lip of the park and is flowing fast. Have to get through tonight and tomorrow morning."

Keeping everyone in my prayers tonight!
4 users liked this post:
Image  ImageImage
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Texas Cherries- Everybody Ok?
Lisn2cats wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 16, 2026 5:08 pm
So far so good on the Susan front:
"We're okay. Spent several hours at the pavilion starting around 5 am. Flood is as bad as the one last year. Not out of the woods yet as we look to have more rain coming. River is still high just below the lip of the park and is flowing fast. Have to get through tonight and tomorrow morning."

Keeping everyone in my prayers tonight!
Thank you so much for the update. Good to know she’s safe. 
 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Texas Cherries- Everybody Ok?
VickiR wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 16, 2026 2:33 pm
Thinking of everyone in this crazy weather!  Flooding, heat, smoke!  Stay safe and please check in so we know you're okay!

Amen, prayers for all dear cherries. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Texas Cherries- Everybody Ok?
Kelly_R wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 16, 2026 3:10 pm
I'm on the West side of Texas on the New Mexico border.  We got a nice rain on Sunday.  More is in the forecast for today.  We will see.  

Stay safe. You’re in my prayers. 
1 user liked this post:
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Texas Cherries- Everybody Ok?
Lisn2cats wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 16, 2026 5:08 pm
So far so good on the Susan front:
"We're okay. Spent several hours at the pavilion starting around 5 am. Flood is as bad as the one last year. Not out of the woods yet as we look to have more rain coming. River is still high just below the lip of the park and is flowing fast. Have to get through tonight and tomorrow morning."

Keeping everyone in my prayers tonight!
Thanks for this update, Lis!
 
    ImageImage
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Texas Cherries- Everybody Ok?
Lisn2cats wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 16, 2026 5:08 pm
So far so good on the Susan front:
"We're okay. Spent several hours at the pavilion starting around 5 am. Flood is as bad as the one last year. Not out of the woods yet as we look to have more rain coming. River is still high just below the lip of the park and is flowing fast. Have to get through tonight and tomorrow morning."

Keeping everyone in my prayers tonight!

Thanks so much for updating us! I hope they don’t get flooded again!!! Lots of prayers for everyone!
1 user liked this post:
Image
User avatar

Flasher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Texas Cherries- Everybody Ok?
Thanks for the update!  Hope all the Texas Cherries continue to stay safe!  
2 users liked this post:
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Image

 
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Texas Cherries- Everybody Ok?
Lisn2cats wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 16, 2026 5:08 pm
So far so good on the Susan front:
"We're okay. Spent several hours at the pavilion starting around 5 am. Flood is as bad as the one last year. Not out of the woods yet as we look to have more rain coming. River is still high just below the lip of the park and is flowing fast. Have to get through tonight and tomorrow morning."

Keeping everyone in my prayers tonight!

Thank you for reaching out to Susan.
2 users liked this post:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

shoorn

Cherry Cola

Re: Texas Cherries- Everybody Ok?
We are okay. The water did get into the park again but our site was not flooded though we did get some water. Again it seemed to stay mostly on the first road by the river.  We got through Thursday night okay - got some rain but most of it went to the west of us. Water has gone down but still not within the river banks and the bridge/culvert is still flooded. The big main bridge downtown by Louise Hays Park took damage as a barge ran into the support columns. They will be checking integrity and it will be closed indefinitely. 

I never thought that we would see that river level ever again. Being woken at 4:30 - well I had woken at 3 am with a warning but the 4:30 was our neighbor pounding on the door. Then as we were dressing the Center Point fire people were going around making sure everyone was up. The pavilion was packed  with people and the power was out. We came back to the RV after 8:30. I needed to eat something for my diabetes and take my medication - which I can only take after I eat. 

Thursday we were wiped out and didn't do much of anything. We are drying out and the sun is back today. Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers. 
3 users liked this post:
Hi everyone!     My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

  ImageImage   ImageImage


Image




 
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Texas Cherries- Everybody Ok?
shoorn wrote: ↑
Sat Jul 18, 2026 4:05 pm
We are okay. The water did get into the park again but our site was not flooded though we did get some water. Again it seemed to stay mostly on the first road by the river.  We got through Thursday night okay - got some rain but most of it went to the west of us. Water has gone down but still not within the river banks and the bridge/culvert is still flooded. The big main bridge downtown by Louise Hays Park took damage as a barge ran into the support columns. They will be checking integrity and it will be closed indefinitely. 

I never thought that we would see that river level ever again. Being woken at 4:30 - well I had woken at 3 am with a warning but the 4:30 was our neighbor pounding on the door. Then as we were dressing the Center Point fire people were going around making sure everyone was up. The pavilion was packed  with people and the power was out. We came back to the RV after 8:30. I needed to eat something for my diabetes and take my medication - which I can only take after I eat. 

Thursday we were wiped out and didn't do much of anything. We are drying out and the sun is back today. Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers. 

So very glad you are ok especially with all your community has been through. Hope you continue to dry out and stay safe. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee