Skip to main content
World Card Making Day SALE! Take 15% off the regular price of everything, or 20% off orders $100+ with codeWCMD
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/2000
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Scrap a Day, July 19th
Good morning cherries and Happy Sunday. Barb asked me to post on her behalf. Her sweet Twinkie is struggling this weekend. :( So many hugs to them.

I had posted yesterday that I was expecting Safelite between 12pm and 5pm to replace my cracked windshield. By 4pm, nobody had contacted me and I thought it would be odd for them to actually show up at 5. Well right at 5pm, they called me, asking if anybody had reached out to me. Nope, nada. She apologized and the tech who was supposed to be here got stuck at another job. Apparently his 1st appt took longer than expected, and he was actually still at the 2nd appt when she called. She said he could still come out that day, but didn't know how long that would be. DH and I had plans to go out to dinner with his aunt and uncle at 7pm, so we had plans. It was easier to just reschedule. So now it's scheduled for Monday morning, between 8am and 12pm. 

Quiet morning today. Got all the laundry and housework done yesterday. After breakfast, I'll definetly be in my scrap room. Going to continue working on our DAR Scrapbook. We had alot of events in June, so I'm trying to not get too far behind, if you know what I mean. 

Hope y'all have a great day!
3 users liked this post:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Scrap a Day, July 19th
Beautiful morning after some much needed rain last night.  Stormed all around us again and so many people don't have power.  The rain helped with the smoke haze but we may get more according to the weather person.  Nothing on our agenda today so I will be cleaning up my craft space.  I have a busy week coming up and I need to get it in order.  Taking DGD school shopping tomorrow so I need to be rested too.  Have a good day Cherries!

Thinking of Barb and her Twinkie....sending big hugs to them. 
3 users liked this post:
    ImageImage
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Scrap a Day, July 19th
blbabe1234 wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 19, 2026 9:35 am
Good morning cherries and Happy Sunday. Barb asked me to post on her behalf. Her sweet Twinkie is struggling this weekend. :( So many hugs to them.

I had posted yesterday that I was expecting Safelite between 12pm and 5pm to replace my cracked windshield. By 4pm, nobody had contacted me and I thought it would be odd for them to actually show up at 5. Well right at 5pm, they called me, asking if anybody had reached out to me. Nope, nada. She apologized and the tech who was supposed to be here got stuck at another job. Apparently his 1st appt took longer than expected, and he was actually still at the 2nd appt when she called. She said he could still come out that day, but didn't know how long that would be. DH and I had plans to go out to dinner with his aunt and uncle at 7pm, so we had plans. It was easier to just reschedule. So now it's scheduled for Monday morning, between 8am and 12pm. 

Quiet morning today. Got all the laundry and housework done yesterday. After breakfast, I'll definetly be in my scrap room. Going to continue working on our DAR Scrapbook. We had alot of events in June, so I'm trying to not get too far behind, if you know what I mean. 

Hope y'all have a great day!
Frustrating when you wait all day for a service call and then it doesn't happen.  Glad you were able to get top priority on Monday morning.
 
    ImageImage
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, July 19th
Sending so many hugs to Barb and Twinkie. :(  

We had a big rain-storm last night, which was very needed. Not much thunder/lightning, so Miss Eliza didn't get worked up.  It cleared away the wildfire smoke, too.

Today I am going to see The Addams Family musical by our county Arts Council, with my mom.  1 former and 3 current students are in the show. :)  I love that they can graduate and have this opportunity to perform in local shows. I directed this musical at my high school in 2015.  It's a fun one!

After that, DH and I are headed out on the lake for a boat and float, now that the chances for storms are gone. :)  
3 users liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, July 19th
blbabe1234 wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 19, 2026 9:35 am
Good morning cherries and Happy Sunday. Barb asked me to post on her behalf. Her sweet Twinkie is struggling this weekend. :( So many hugs to them.

I had posted yesterday that I was expecting Safelite between 12pm and 5pm to replace my cracked windshield. By 4pm, nobody had contacted me and I thought it would be odd for them to actually show up at 5. Well right at 5pm, they called me, asking if anybody had reached out to me. Nope, nada. She apologized and the tech who was supposed to be here got stuck at another job. Apparently his 1st appt took longer than expected, and he was actually still at the 2nd appt when she called. She said he could still come out that day, but didn't know how long that would be. DH and I had plans to go out to dinner with his aunt and uncle at 7pm, so we had plans. It was easier to just reschedule. So now it's scheduled for Monday morning, between 8am and 12pm. 

Quiet morning today. Got all the laundry and housework done yesterday. After breakfast, I'll definetly be in my scrap room. Going to continue working on our DAR Scrapbook. We had alot of events in June, so I'm trying to not get too far behind, if you know what I mean. 

Hope y'all have a great day!
Well, at least they finally contacted you.  Sorry you had to reschedule, but it was good you didn't have to cancel your plans. :)
 
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, July 19th
VickiR wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 19, 2026 9:42 am
Beautiful morning after some much needed rain last night.  Stormed all around us again and so many people don't have power.  The rain helped with the smoke haze but we may get more according to the weather person.  Nothing on our agenda today so I will be cleaning up my craft space.  I have a busy week coming up and I need to get it in order.  Taking DGD school shopping tomorrow so I need to be rested too.  Have a good day Cherries!

Thinking of Barb and her Twinkie....sending big hugs to them. 

Yes, we got that rain, too, and our storms were pretty mild.  Just lots of rain.  Hopefully, they can get everyone's power up and running soon!
1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, July 19th
blbabe1234 wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 19, 2026 9:35 am
Good morning cherries and Happy Sunday. Barb asked me to post on her behalf. Her sweet Twinkie is struggling this weekend. :( So many hugs to them.

I had posted yesterday that I was expecting Safelite between 12pm and 5pm to replace my cracked windshield. By 4pm, nobody had contacted me and I thought it would be odd for them to actually show up at 5. Well right at 5pm, they called me, asking if anybody had reached out to me. Nope, nada. She apologized and the tech who was supposed to be here got stuck at another job. Apparently his 1st appt took longer than expected, and he was actually still at the 2nd appt when she called. She said he could still come out that day, but didn't know how long that would be. DH and I had plans to go out to dinner with his aunt and uncle at 7pm, so we had plans. It was easier to just reschedule. So now it's scheduled for Monday morning, between 8am and 12pm. 

Quiet morning today. Got all the laundry and housework done yesterday. After breakfast, I'll definetly be in my scrap room. Going to continue working on our DAR Scrapbook. We had alot of events in June, so I'm trying to not get too far behind, if you know what I mean. 

Hope y'all have a great day!
Sending big prayers and hugs to Barb and Twinkie.  Glad you were able to get it rescheduled but that is frustrating. Enjoy your dinner out. 
 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, July 19th
VickiR wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 19, 2026 9:42 am
Beautiful morning after some much needed rain last night.  Stormed all around us again and so many people don't have power.  The rain helped with the smoke haze but we may get more according to the weather person.  Nothing on our agenda today so I will be cleaning up my craft space.  I have a busy week coming up and I need to get it in order.  Taking DGD school shopping tomorrow so I need to be rested too.  Have a good day Cherries!

Thinking of Barb and her Twinkie....sending big hugs to them. 

Glad your air is clearing up.  Good luck with the shopping tomorrow. It's getting to be about that time. 
1 user liked this post:
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, July 19th
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 19, 2026 10:10 am
Sending so many hugs to Barb and Twinkie. :(  

We had a big rain-storm last night, which was very needed. Not much thunder/lightning, so Miss Eliza didn't get worked up.  It cleared away the wildfire smoke, too.

Today I am going to see The Addams Family musical by our county Arts Council, with my mom.  1 former and 3 current students are in the show. :)  I love that they can graduate and have this opportunity to perform in local shows. I directed this musical at my high school in 2015.  It's a fun one!

After that, DH and I are headed out on the lake for a boat and float, now that the chances for storms are gone. :)  
Sounds like a fun day - enjoy it  😊
 
1 user liked this post:
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Scrap a Day, July 19th
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 19, 2026 10:10 am
Sending so many hugs to Barb and Twinkie. :(  

We had a big rain-storm last night, which was very needed. Not much thunder/lightning, so Miss Eliza didn't get worked up.  It cleared away the wildfire smoke, too.

Today I am going to see The Addams Family musical by our county Arts Council, with my mom.  1 former and 3 current students are in the show. :)  I love that they can graduate and have this opportunity to perform in local shows. I directed this musical at my high school in 2015.  It's a fun one!

After that, DH and I are headed out on the lake for a boat and float, now that the chances for storms are gone. :)  
Enjoy the lake!!
 
1 user liked this post:
    ImageImage
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Scrap a Day, July 19th
aheatfan wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 19, 2026 10:31 am
VickiR wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 19, 2026 9:42 am
Beautiful morning after some much needed rain last night.  Stormed all around us again and so many people don't have power.  The rain helped with the smoke haze but we may get more according to the weather person.  Nothing on our agenda today so I will be cleaning up my craft space.  I have a busy week coming up and I need to get it in order.  Taking DGD school shopping tomorrow so I need to be rested too.  Have a good day Cherries!

Thinking of Barb and her Twinkie....sending big hugs to them. 

Glad your air is clearing up.  Good luck with the shopping tomorrow. It's getting to be about that time.  
Thanks!  It's an all day affair with a 15 y.o.
 
    ImageImage
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, July 19th
Good morning Cherries, can finally see some sunshine today after all the rain but it is hot!!  Not doing much this morning, =got bit by something the other day near my knee and the red spot keeps getting bigger so waiting for a call back from the doctor.  Doing my best to stay calm about it.  Hope to print out some pictures to scrap later. Have a great day everyone. 
3 users liked this post:
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

MTCanuk

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, July 19th
Well, my message just disappeared into cyperspace, I guess!

Many hugs to Barb and Twinkie for all they are going through!
2 users liked this post:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

 
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, July 19th
Managed to get a layout done before I go to the show. For the Cherry Lift challenge. :)  

Image
3 users liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Re: Scrap a Day, July 19th
Dang I dislike weather forecasts that say 95 high for next 3 days and then heating up! But lol it’s July in California!
No plans on leaving the house today other than my walk late evening. I’ve actually done 6 challenges this month already and have 3 more listed to do. Haven’t gone out and gotten any Mexican food in a week though lol !!!

Have a pleasant Sunday and stay cool.
3 users liked this post:
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 19th
blbabe1234 wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 19, 2026 9:35 am
Good morning cherries and Happy Sunday. Barb asked me to post on her behalf. Her sweet Twinkie is struggling this weekend. :( So many hugs to them.

I had posted yesterday that I was expecting Safelite between 12pm and 5pm to replace my cracked windshield. By 4pm, nobody had contacted me and I thought it would be odd for them to actually show up at 5. Well right at 5pm, they called me, asking if anybody had reached out to me. Nope, nada. She apologized and the tech who was supposed to be here got stuck at another job. Apparently his 1st appt took longer than expected, and he was actually still at the 2nd appt when she called. She said he could still come out that day, but didn't know how long that would be. DH and I had plans to go out to dinner with his aunt and uncle at 7pm, so we had plans. It was easier to just reschedule. So now it's scheduled for Monday morning, between 8am and 12pm. 

Quiet morning today. Got all the laundry and housework done yesterday. After breakfast, I'll definetly be in my scrap room. Going to continue working on our DAR Scrapbook. We had alot of events in June, so I'm trying to not get too far behind, if you know what I mean. 

Hope y'all have a great day!

Lots of hugs and prayers for Barb and Twinkie! It’s so hard to watch our fur babies suffer!!! 

Brandy, I’m glad you didn’t have to cancel your dinner! Hopefully they’ll be there tomorrow for you. 
Image
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 19th
VickiR wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 19, 2026 9:42 am
Beautiful morning after some much needed rain last night.  Stormed all around us again and so many people don't have power.  The rain helped with the smoke haze but we may get more according to the weather person.  Nothing on our agenda today so I will be cleaning up my craft space.  I have a busy week coming up and I need to get it in order.  Taking DGD school shopping tomorrow so I need to be rested too.  Have a good day Cherries!

Thinking of Barb and her Twinkie....sending big hugs to them. 

Yay for the rain Vicki! Glad you still have power. Enjoy shopping with your DGD!!!
1 user liked this post:
Image
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 19th
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 19, 2026 10:10 am
Sending so many hugs to Barb and Twinkie. :(  

We had a big rain-storm last night, which was very needed. Not much thunder/lightning, so Miss Eliza didn't get worked up.  It cleared away the wildfire smoke, too.

Today I am going to see The Addams Family musical by our county Arts Council, with my mom.  1 former and 3 current students are in the show. :)  I love that they can graduate and have this opportunity to perform in local shows. I directed this musical at my high school in 2015.  It's a fun one!

After that, DH and I are headed out on the lake for a boat and float, now that the chances for storms are gone. :)  
Sounds like a great day Laura! Love your layout! Pike Place Market is quite the experience!!! 
 
1 user liked this post:
Image
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 19th
aheatfan wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 19, 2026 10:34 am
Good morning Cherries, can finally see some sunshine today after all the rain but it is hot!!  Not doing much this morning, =got bit by something the other day near my knee and the red spot keeps getting bigger so waiting for a call back from the doctor.  Doing my best to stay calm about it.  Hope to print out some pictures to scrap later. Have a great day everyone. 

Oh no Kristin! Hugs and prayers that the bite isn’t something serious!!! 
Image
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 19th
Charleneanne wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 19, 2026 3:29 pm
Dang I dislike weather forecasts that say 95 high for next 3 days and then heating up! But lol it’s July in California!
No plans on leaving the house today other than my walk late evening. I’ve actually done 6 challenges this month already and have 3 more listed to do. Haven’t gone out and gotten any Mexican food in a week though lol !!!

Have a pleasant Sunday and stay cool.
Good for you getting so many challenges done! Stay cool!!!
 
1 user liked this post:
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee