Skip to main content
World Card Making Day SALE! Take 15% off the regular price of everything, or 20% off orders $100+ with codeWCMD
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/2000
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Scrap a Day, July 21st
Hey Cherries. Thank you Brandy for posting the last few days. And thank you all for all of your thoughts and prayers for my Twinkie. It’s been rough. She can no longer get up or walk on her own. Her back legs splay out behind her and just go limp. It has been heartbreaking to watch her go through this. DS and I have to use a towel as a sling to get her outside to potty. It has been difficult and exhausting. Her prednisone dose was increased but it’s been higher for three days now and it isn’t helping. But she is eating and drinking. She is happy to have us with her. DS and I don’t leave her alone. My heart hurts I know she is declining. And watching her try to get up when she can’t and having to hold her up with a towel is heartbreaking. And she pants a lot which is mostly from the prednisone. I feel so bad for my sweet girl. I don’t know how much longer she is going to be with us, but we are making sure she is as comfortable and as happy as we can and spending all the time we can with her. Sky has been such a good girl throughout all of this. She’s knows something isn’t right. Her spleen check at the vet yesterday was good thank God, but she has a double ear infection. She’s doing ok though. No symptoms other than some messy gook in her ears which I have medicine for now. As my vet said, just taking it all one day at a time. 

I hope you all are doing well and that you all have a great day. 
5 users liked this post:
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Scrap a Day, July 21st
pawprints wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 21, 2026 9:04 am
Hey Cherries. Thank you Brandy for posting the last few days. And thank you all for all of your thoughts and prayers for my Twinkie. It’s been rough. She can no longer get up or walk on her own. Her back legs splay out behind her and just go limp. It has been heartbreaking to watch her go through this. DS and I have to use a towel as a sling to get her outside to potty. It has been difficult and exhausting. Her prednisone dose was increased but it’s been higher for three days now and it isn’t helping. But she is eating and drinking. She is happy to have us with her. DS and I don’t leave her alone. My heart hurts I know she is declining. And watching her try to get up when she can’t and having to hold her up with a towel is heartbreaking. And she pants a lot which is mostly from the prednisone. I feel so bad for my sweet girl. I don’t know how much longer she is going to be with us, but we are making sure she is as comfortable and as happy as we can and spending all the time we can with her. Sky has been such a good girl throughout all of this. She’s knows something isn’t right. Her spleen check at the vet yesterday was good thank God, but she has a double ear infection. She’s doing ok though. No symptoms other than some messy gook in her ears which I have medicine for now. As my vet said, just taking it all one day at a time. 

I hope you all are doing well and that you all have a great day. 
Sorry to hear that Twinkie is having such a rough time.  Sounds like all of you are and you're giving her the best care and lots of love.  Hugs to all of you.  
 
1 user liked this post:
    ImageImage
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Scrap a Day, July 21st
I've been up since 4:30 when DH got up to get ready for golf.  He left at 5ish so I got a head start on the day.  Did some clean up, ran the vacuum and went for a small grocery run.  We are expected some severe weather later today with high winds as much as 80 mph and possible tornado warnings.  The humidity is awful today at 92% and a dew point of 74.  This really has been an odd weather year so far.  I'm spending the day working on one more challenge I hope to finish before the end of the month.
3 users liked this post:
    ImageImage
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, July 21st
pawprints wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 21, 2026 9:04 am
Hey Cherries. Thank you Brandy for posting the last few days. And thank you all for all of your thoughts and prayers for my Twinkie. It’s been rough. She can no longer get up or walk on her own. Her back legs splay out behind her and just go limp. It has been heartbreaking to watch her go through this. DS and I have to use a towel as a sling to get her outside to potty. It has been difficult and exhausting. Her prednisone dose was increased but it’s been higher for three days now and it isn’t helping. But she is eating and drinking. She is happy to have us with her. DS and I don’t leave her alone. My heart hurts I know she is declining. And watching her try to get up when she can’t and having to hold her up with a towel is heartbreaking. And she pants a lot which is mostly from the prednisone. I feel so bad for my sweet girl. I don’t know how much longer she is going to be with us, but we are making sure she is as comfortable and as happy as we can and spending all the time we can with her. Sky has been such a good girl throughout all of this. She’s knows something isn’t right. Her spleen check at the vet yesterday was good thank God, but she has a double ear infection. She’s doing ok though. No symptoms other than some messy gook in her ears which I have medicine for now. As my vet said, just taking it all one day at a time. 

I hope you all are doing well and that you all have a great day. 


I’m so sorry she struggling, I know Joe hard this must be for you. She is very blessed to have you and how much love and care you give her. Sending big hugs and prayers.  
 
1 user liked this post:
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, July 21st
VickiR wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 21, 2026 9:16 am
I've been up since 4:30 when DH got up to get ready for golf.  He left at 5ish so I got a head start on the day.  Did some clean up, ran the vacuum and went for a small grocery run.  We are expected some severe weather later today with high winds as much as 80 mph and possible tornado warnings.  The humidity is awful today at 92% and a dew point of 74.  This really has been an odd weather year so far.  I'm spending the day working on one more challenge I hope to finish before the end of the month.
Sounds like a productive day, happy scrapping. 
 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, July 21st
Slept in a bit this morning more about you start morning exercises. Seeing surgeon today for six week follow up.  Hoping for only good news, that work clock is ticking.  Hoping to maybe scrap something today. Have a great day everyone.  
4 users liked this post:
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, July 21st
pawprints wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 21, 2026 9:04 am
Hey Cherries. Thank you Brandy for posting the last few days. And thank you all for all of your thoughts and prayers for my Twinkie. It’s been rough. She can no longer get up or walk on her own. Her back legs splay out behind her and just go limp. It has been heartbreaking to watch her go through this. DS and I have to use a towel as a sling to get her outside to potty. It has been difficult and exhausting. Her prednisone dose was increased but it’s been higher for three days now and it isn’t helping. But she is eating and drinking. She is happy to have us with her. DS and I don’t leave her alone. My heart hurts I know she is declining. And watching her try to get up when she can’t and having to hold her up with a towel is heartbreaking. And she pants a lot which is mostly from the prednisone. I feel so bad for my sweet girl. I don’t know how much longer she is going to be with us, but we are making sure she is as comfortable and as happy as we can and spending all the time we can with her. Sky has been such a good girl throughout all of this. She’s knows something isn’t right. Her spleen check at the vet yesterday was good thank God, but she has a double ear infection. She’s doing ok though. No symptoms other than some messy gook in her ears which I have medicine for now. As my vet said, just taking it all one day at a time. 

I hope you all are doing well and that you all have a great day. 
You are so very welcome Barb. You know my heart is breaking right next to yours. Twinkie is amazing. Bigs hugs your way!
 
1 user liked this post:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, July 21st
VickiR wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 21, 2026 9:16 am
I've been up since 4:30 when DH got up to get ready for golf.  He left at 5ish so I got a head start on the day.  Did some clean up, ran the vacuum and went for a small grocery run.  We are expected some severe weather later today with high winds as much as 80 mph and possible tornado warnings.  The humidity is awful today at 92% and a dew point of 74.  This really has been an odd weather year so far.  I'm spending the day working on one more challenge I hope to finish before the end of the month.

High humidity and high dew point always makes things more miserable. The worse we've had was 88% humidity with a dew point of 85. Hope you get some major relief from the heat/humidity very very soon. In the mean time, stay inside.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, July 21st
aheatfan wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 21, 2026 9:20 am
Slept in a bit this morning more about you start morning exercises. Seeing surgeon today for six week follow up.  Hoping for only good news, that work clock is ticking.  Hoping to maybe scrap something today. Have a great day everyone.  

Good luck at your appt today. Hope you get ONLY good news!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, July 21st
Good morning y'all. So I was PLANNING on sleeping in for a little while (told DH...give me 30 more minutes). However, Mr. Jackson had a different idea. Apparently mommy only deserved to sleep in 15 minutes. He puked on our bed! Ugh! So I had clean that up, and strip the bed to get those sheets in the washer. Then he acted like he was starving. Sigh....cats, am I right? Now he's passed out in my recliner, looking all cute. 

Safelite tech showed up right at noon yesterday and got me fixed up by 1:45pm. I felt sorry for the guy as we were 98 degrees with a heat index of 112. Today we'll be hotter. I worked all day and slow cooked a pork tenderloin in the oven for pulled pork sandwiches. Made a power slaw too. Helped that dinner was basically made and all I had to do was toast the HB buns because DH worked until almost 7pm last night. Super long day. 

With all the emails yesterday, I had to do an upgrade earlier this morning. Today, need to run to HEB for milk and PetCo for dry dog food. Then home to work some more, then at 2pm meeting up with one of the DAR ladies to continue to gather photos/info from past DAR Scrapbooks. Hoping to knock out the 80s and 90s. Who knows, might get to start the early 2000's. I'll be home around 6pm tonight. Dinner will be leftovers!

Hope y'all have a great day.
3 users liked this post:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, July 21st
pawprints wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 21, 2026 9:04 am
Hey Cherries. Thank you Brandy for posting the last few days. And thank you all for all of your thoughts and prayers for my Twinkie. It’s been rough. She can no longer get up or walk on her own. Her back legs splay out behind her and just go limp. It has been heartbreaking to watch her go through this. DS and I have to use a towel as a sling to get her outside to potty. It has been difficult and exhausting. Her prednisone dose was increased but it’s been higher for three days now and it isn’t helping. But she is eating and drinking. She is happy to have us with her. DS and I don’t leave her alone. My heart hurts I know she is declining. And watching her try to get up when she can’t and having to hold her up with a towel is heartbreaking. And she pants a lot which is mostly from the prednisone. I feel so bad for my sweet girl. I don’t know how much longer she is going to be with us, but we are making sure she is as comfortable and as happy as we can and spending all the time we can with her. Sky has been such a good girl throughout all of this. She’s knows something isn’t right. Her spleen check at the vet yesterday was good thank God, but she has a double ear infection. She’s doing ok though. No symptoms other than some messy gook in her ears which I have medicine for now. As my vet said, just taking it all one day at a time. 

I hope you all are doing well and that you all have a great day. 
Barb, my heart hurts for you and Twinkie.  We got to that point with our Jubee (German shepherd) when her hips were so bad.  It is heartbreaking.  Sending you hugs and so much love.
 
1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, July 21st
VickiR wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 21, 2026 9:16 am
I've been up since 4:30 when DH got up to get ready for golf.  He left at 5ish so I got a head start on the day.  Did some clean up, ran the vacuum and went for a small grocery run.  We are expected some severe weather later today with high winds as much as 80 mph and possible tornado warnings.  The humidity is awful today at 92% and a dew point of 74.  This really has been an odd weather year so far.  I'm spending the day working on one more challenge I hope to finish before the end of the month.

I woke up to a rainstorm...not too much thunder, but Eliza has stayed close by.  We need the rain, so I'm glad. Plus, the next few days are going to be like Fall!  :)
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, July 21st
aheatfan wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 21, 2026 9:20 am
Slept in a bit this morning more about you start morning exercises. Seeing surgeon today for six week follow up.  Hoping for only good news, that work clock is ticking.  Hoping to maybe scrap something today. Have a great day everyone.  

I hope your follow up goes well!  :)
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, July 21st
blbabe1234 wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 21, 2026 9:37 am
Good morning y'all. So I was PLANNING on sleeping in for a little while (told DH...give me 30 more minutes). However, Mr. Jackson had a different idea. Apparently mommy only deserved to sleep in 15 minutes. He puked on our bed! Ugh! So I had clean that up, and strip the bed to get those sheets in the washer. Then he acted like he was starving. Sigh....cats, am I right? Now he's passed out in my recliner, looking all cute. 

Safelite tech showed up right at noon yesterday and got me fixed up by 1:45pm. I felt sorry for the guy as we were 98 degrees with a heat index of 112. Today we'll be hotter. I worked all day and slow cooked a pork tenderloin in the oven for pulled pork sandwiches. Made a power slaw too. Helped that dinner was basically made and all I had to do was toast the HB buns because DH worked until almost 7pm last night. Super long day. 

With all the emails yesterday, I had to do an upgrade earlier this morning. Today, need to run to HEB for milk and PetCo for dry dog food. Then home to work some more, then at 2pm meeting up with one of the DAR ladies to continue to gather photos/info from past DAR Scrapbooks. Hoping to knock out the 80s and 90s. Who knows, might get to start the early 2000's. I'll be home around 6pm tonight. Dinner will be leftovers!

Hope y'all have a great day.

Silly kitty!  Artemis was actually smart this morning. A few rumbles of thunder and a hard rain, so she only made me open the door once, and she thought better of it and went to find somewhere to sleep in the house.  LOL
 
1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, July 21st
Eliza has her yearly checkup this morning, so I will be heading there. I wish it wasn't raining, but we need rain, so I guess I can't be too mad at it!  Also, our forecast for tomorrow through Friday is for Fall-like temps!  Lows in the 50's and high's in the 70's...I'll take it!

When I get back, I need to tackle some of my closet, again. I still can't fit all the clean laundry in, so I guess I need to purge some more!  LOL
3 users liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Scrap a Day, July 21st
Barb - so sorry you are going through this. I hope you can continue to keep her happy and comfortable and enjoy the time you have.

Not much going on here today, we are supposed to get rain at some point and I'll do some scrapping, I hope. Not sure what else.
4 users liked this post:
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

 
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Scrap a Day, July 21st
aheatfan wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 21, 2026 9:20 am
Slept in a bit this morning more about you start morning exercises. Seeing surgeon today for six week follow up.  Hoping for only good news, that work clock is ticking.  Hoping to maybe scrap something today. Have a great day everyone.  
Hope all goes well.  Six weeks already?  I'm sure it seems longer to you.  How's the bug bite?
 
    ImageImage
User avatar

MTCanuk

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, July 21st
My sister from FL arrives today!!!  She flies into Bozeman, which is a good 3 hours south down the road from us. Nothing is close in Big Sky country.
Hoping she leaves on time and makes her Denver connection!!!  Because we will likely be on the road to retrieve her.  

pulled the sheets off the bed , and put them in the washer and then headed out for my walk. Not as refreshing as yesterday , as it was 63 out. Got a couple layouts done which I need to get uploaded.
4 users liked this post:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

 
User avatar

AnniePee

Cherry Blossom

Re: Scrap a Day, July 21st
Poor Twinkie, poor you.  It's heartbreaking to see your beloved pets decline. I'd never cried so hard in my life as I did the day we had to put Casey down. You are taking good care of T.  Take care of yourself, too!
3 users liked this post:
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, July 21st
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 21, 2026 9:54 am
Eliza has her yearly checkup this morning, so I will be heading there. I wish it wasn't raining, but we need rain, so I guess I can't be too mad at it!  Also, our forecast for tomorrow through Friday is for Fall-like temps!  Lows in the 50's and high's in the 70's...I'll take it!

When I get back, I need to tackle some of my closet, again. I still can't fit all the clean laundry in, so I guess I need to purge some more!  LOL

Hope Eliza has a good checkup.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee