Skip to main content
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Scrap a Day, July 24th
Hey Cherries. Nothing going on here today, just spending the day with Twinkie. It breaks my heart that we can't enjoy these beautiful summer days and have outside fun together with Sky and their pool. 

Hope you all have a great day.
5 users liked this post:
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

AnniePee

Cherry Blossom

Re: Scrap a Day, July 24th
You won't regret time spent with Twinkie. Lots of hugs to you both.  XO
2 users liked this post:
User avatar

suewho372

Wild Cherry

Re: Scrap a Day, July 24th
pawprints wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 24, 2026 9:59 am
Hey Cherries. Nothing going on here today, just spending the day with Twinkie. It breaks my heart that we can't enjoy these beautiful summer days and have outside fun together with Sky and their pool. 

Hope you all have a great day.

Hi Barb - sending so many hugs and lots of prayers. I know how much both babies enjoy pool time. My heart hurts for you too. 
1 user liked this post:
Susan
Image

                     
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, July 24th
Sending you more hugs, Barb.  You are doing what you need to do for your Twinkie.

 
2 users liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, July 24th
Woke up to another gorgeous day.  The heat will return this weekend, so I am savoring this perfect temperature weather as long as I can. ;)  Made a grocery run, then got back home to finish my layout for the Weekly Sketch challenge. :)  Not sure I love the color combo, but I pulled it from the photos.  

Image
5 users liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Re: Scrap a Day, July 24th
Another hot sunny summer day. Nothing on my agenda.
My neighbor wants me to take her cat. He is 16 years old and he and my Rosie can co-exist out in the yard after all these years but in the house it’s all growling and hissing. He is scared to death in my house and just hides. Plus although Rosie has the run of the house and on rare occasion will sleep inside on the sofa, she is basically an outdoor critter. There’s no indoor litter box - when Rosie needs to go, she goes to the door and meows. Simba goes outside in the neighbors yard and comes over to visit in mine but other than that he is strictly indoors.

I seem to b her only option other than the unthinkable one. Sigh.

Have a pleasant Friday.
3 users liked this post:
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: Scrap a Day, July 24th
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 24, 2026 1:12 pm
Woke up to another gorgeous day.  The heat will return this weekend, so I am savoring this perfect temperature weather as long as I can. ;)  Made a grocery run, then got back home to finish my layout for the Weekly Sketch challenge. :)  Not sure I love the color combo, but I pulled it from the photos.  

Image


I think it came out great Laura.
 
1 user liked this post:
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 24th
pawprints wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 24, 2026 9:59 am
Hey Cherries. Nothing going on here today, just spending the day with Twinkie. It breaks my heart that we can't enjoy these beautiful summer days and have outside fun together with Sky and their pool. 

Hope you all have a great day.
I’m glad you’re able to spend time with Twinkie. You’ll never regret taking this time for you and for her. Sending lots and lots of {{{HUGS}}} to both of you! And to Sky as well. ❤️
 
1 user liked this post:
Image
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 24th
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 24, 2026 1:12 pm
Woke up to another gorgeous day.  The heat will return this weekend, so I am savoring this perfect temperature weather as long as I can. ;)  Made a grocery run, then got back home to finish my layout for the Weekly Sketch challenge. :)  Not sure I love the color combo, but I pulled it from the photos.  

Image

I love your layout Laura! Especially the white swirls in the red! Enjoy that weather!!!
1 user liked this post:
Image
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 24th
Charleneanne wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 24, 2026 1:38 pm
Another hot sunny summer day. Nothing on my agenda.
My neighbor wants me to take her cat. He is 16 years old and he and my Rosie can co-exist out in the yard after all these years but in the house it’s all growling and hissing. He is scared to death in my house and just hides. Plus although Rosie has the run of the house and on rare occasion will sleep inside on the sofa, she is basically an outdoor critter. There’s no indoor litter box - when Rosie needs to go, she goes to the door and meows. Simba goes outside in the neighbors yard and comes over to visit in mine but other than that he is strictly indoors.

I seem to b her only option other than the unthinkable one. Sigh.

Have a pleasant Friday.

Charleneann, give it some time for them to work things out. Rosie has to assert her dominance since it’s her house. Simba is scared and their only reaction is to hide and hiss when they’re scared. Usually they’ll work things out after a few days. I hope they can! 
2 users liked this post:
Image
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 24th
Hello Cherries! 🍒 

Sorry I missed yesterday. We needed to move Raven and her chicks to a safer place and were in the process when I lost my balance and fell. I’m fine. Just a couple of bruises. One really big one in the fleshy part of my arm. If I had fallen backwards any farther I’d have fallen over the edge and landed on the ground at least a full floor distance so I’m extremely grateful that I didn’t! It really shook me up and took me a couple of hours to stop shaking! 

The worst part was that we put a metal paint roller tray on the shelf where Raven had made her nest to keep the chicks from falling off. (She had made her nest on a metal shelf full of tools and parts!) So I fell as I was reaching for the second chick and knocked that pan which came up and out which knocked the water container up and out too. So I was covered in icky water and poo. Drenched actually! Mike and Steve got me up and I went straight to the shower. There was even a bit in my hair. So I had to wash it too and I pretty much used the majority of the water we had left in the tank. So now we’re REALLY low! 

Anyway that was basically my day yesterday. I’m still fighting some minor tummy issues. But MUCH better than I was last weekend! And I think we’ve figured out what’s causing it (aside from the stress) I have to filter all the water I cook with and drink. My small Brita pitcher is dirty inside. I tried to get it apart the other day and couldn’t. Mike got it apart last night so now I need to scrub the inside. Fingers crossed that fixes it! 

Hope you’re all having a great Friday!!!
1 user liked this post:
Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, July 24th
GinniG wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 24, 2026 2:03 pm
Hello Cherries! 🍒 

Sorry I missed yesterday. We needed to move Raven and her chicks to a safer place and were in the process when I lost my balance and fell. I’m fine. Just a couple of bruises. One really big one in the fleshy part of my arm. If I had fallen backwards any farther I’d have fallen over the edge and landed on the ground at least a full floor distance so I’m extremely grateful that I didn’t! It really shook me up and took me a couple of hours to stop shaking! 

The worst part was that we put a metal paint roller tray on the shelf where Raven had made her nest to keep the chicks from falling off. (She had made her nest on a metal shelf full of tools and parts!) So I fell as I was reaching for the second chick and knocked that pan which came up and out which knocked the water container up and out too. So I was covered in icky water and poo. Drenched actually! Mike and Steve got me up and I went straight to the shower. There was even a bit in my hair. So I had to wash it too and I pretty much used the majority of the water we had left in the tank. So now we’re REALLY low! 

Anyway that was basically my day yesterday. I’m still fighting some minor tummy issues. But MUCH better than I was last weekend! And I think we’ve figured out what’s causing it (aside from the stress) I have to filter all the water I cook with and drink. My small Brita pitcher is dirty inside. I tried to get it apart the other day and couldn’t. Mike got it apart last night so now I need to scrub the inside. Fingers crossed that fixes it! 

Hope you’re all having a great Friday!!!

Oh, goodness, Ginni!  Glad you weren't hurt badly!  That was definitely a good reason to use up that water, though.  I hope you found the answer to your stomach issues!
1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, July 24th
pawprints wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 24, 2026 9:59 am
Hey Cherries. Nothing going on here today, just spending the day with Twinkie. It breaks my heart that we can't enjoy these beautiful summer days and have outside fun together with Sky and their pool. 

Hope you all have a great day.

((((HUGS))))
1 user liked this post:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, July 24th
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 24, 2026 1:12 pm
Woke up to another gorgeous day.  The heat will return this weekend, so I am savoring this perfect temperature weather as long as I can. ;)  Made a grocery run, then got back home to finish my layout for the Weekly Sketch challenge. :)  Not sure I love the color combo, but I pulled it from the photos.  

Image

I think it looks great!
1 user liked this post:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, July 24th
Charleneanne wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 24, 2026 1:38 pm
Another hot sunny summer day. Nothing on my agenda.
My neighbor wants me to take her cat. He is 16 years old and he and my Rosie can co-exist out in the yard after all these years but in the house it’s all growling and hissing. He is scared to death in my house and just hides. Plus although Rosie has the run of the house and on rare occasion will sleep inside on the sofa, she is basically an outdoor critter. There’s no indoor litter box - when Rosie needs to go, she goes to the door and meows. Simba goes outside in the neighbors yard and comes over to visit in mine but other than that he is strictly indoors.

I seem to b her only option other than the unthinkable one. Sigh.

Have a pleasant Friday.
Hope things work out between Rosie and Simba. Probably will take some time since Rosie is used to being the #1 CAT.
 
1 user liked this post:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, July 24th
GinniG wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 24, 2026 2:03 pm
Hello Cherries! 🍒 

Sorry I missed yesterday. We needed to move Raven and her chicks to a safer place and were in the process when I lost my balance and fell. I’m fine. Just a couple of bruises. One really big one in the fleshy part of my arm. If I had fallen backwards any farther I’d have fallen over the edge and landed on the ground at least a full floor distance so I’m extremely grateful that I didn’t! It really shook me up and took me a couple of hours to stop shaking! 

The worst part was that we put a metal paint roller tray on the shelf where Raven had made her nest to keep the chicks from falling off. (She had made her nest on a metal shelf full of tools and parts!) So I fell as I was reaching for the second chick and knocked that pan which came up and out which knocked the water container up and out too. So I was covered in icky water and poo. Drenched actually! Mike and Steve got me up and I went straight to the shower. There was even a bit in my hair. So I had to wash it too and I pretty much used the majority of the water we had left in the tank. So now we’re REALLY low! 

Anyway that was basically my day yesterday. I’m still fighting some minor tummy issues. But MUCH better than I was last weekend! And I think we’ve figured out what’s causing it (aside from the stress) I have to filter all the water I cook with and drink. My small Brita pitcher is dirty inside. I tried to get it apart the other day and couldn’t. Mike got it apart last night so now I need to scrub the inside. Fingers crossed that fixes it! 

Hope you’re all having a great Friday!!!
Yikes! Glad you are okay.
 
1 user liked this post:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, July 24th
Hey there cherries. Had a semi-busy work day yesterday and ended up waking up before my alarm. Sinuses were clogged, eyes watering and had a horrible headache. Had to sit up, take meds, etc. Coffee, meds, shower seemed to help. Went to HEB earlier this morning to get groceries. Put things away and got started with some emails that came in after 5pm yesterday. Crashed at 1pm - took a nap. Set my alarm for 2pm. Could have slept more but I didn't want to the nap to mess up with my sleep tonight. 

Probably won't be around this weekend..maybe a little bit on Sunday. Tomorrow we have my Papa's Celebration of Life in Victoria.  💙  💙 We'll leave here about 10am and probably won't get back home until after 6pm. Then on Sunday is Sissy's Birthday (my biological father's wife). We are taking her out to eat for a late lunch/early dinner. We'll head over there around noon and will be back after 4pm. 

Hope y'all have a great day and weekend!
2 users liked this post:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: Scrap a Day, July 24th
GinniG wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 24, 2026 2:03 pm
Hello Cherries! 🍒 

Sorry I missed yesterday. We needed to move Raven and her chicks to a safer place and were in the process when I lost my balance and fell. I’m fine. Just a couple of bruises. One really big one in the fleshy part of my arm. If I had fallen backwards any farther I’d have fallen over the edge and landed on the ground at least a full floor distance so I’m extremely grateful that I didn’t! It really shook me up and took me a couple of hours to stop shaking! 

The worst part was that we put a metal paint roller tray on the shelf where Raven had made her nest to keep the chicks from falling off. (She had made her nest on a metal shelf full of tools and parts!) So I fell as I was reaching for the second chick and knocked that pan which came up and out which knocked the water container up and out too. So I was covered in icky water and poo. Drenched actually! Mike and Steve got me up and I went straight to the shower. There was even a bit in my hair. So I had to wash it too and I pretty much used the majority of the water we had left in the tank. So now we’re REALLY low! 

Anyway that was basically my day yesterday. I’m still fighting some minor tummy issues. But MUCH better than I was last weekend! And I think we’ve figured out what’s causing it (aside from the stress) I have to filter all the water I cook with and drink. My small Brita pitcher is dirty inside. I tried to get it apart the other day and couldn’t. Mike got it apart last night so now I need to scrub the inside. Fingers crossed that fixes it! 

Hope you’re all having a great Friday!!!

Geez Ginni so sorry to heart about all of that. Thank goodness you didn't get badly hurt.
1 user liked this post:
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, July 24th
blbabe1234 wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 24, 2026 4:01 pm
Hey there cherries. Had a semi-busy work day yesterday and ended up waking up before my alarm. Sinuses were clogged, eyes watering and had a horrible headache. Had to sit up, take meds, etc. Coffee, meds, shower seemed to help. Went to HEB earlier this morning to get groceries. Put things away and got started with some emails that came in after 5pm yesterday. Crashed at 1pm - took a nap. Set my alarm for 2pm. Could have slept more but I didn't want to the nap to mess up with my sleep tonight. 

Probably won't be around this weekend..maybe a little bit on Sunday. Tomorrow we have my Papa's Celebration of Life in Victoria.  💙  💙 We'll leave here about 10am and probably won't get back home until after 6pm. Then on Sunday is Sissy's Birthday (my biological father's wife). We are taking her out to eat for a late lunch/early dinner. We'll head over there around noon and will be back after 4pm. 

Hope y'all have a great day and weekend!

Glad you kicked that headache to the curb, Brandy! Sending you hugs and prayers for your Papa's celebration of life...I know it is tough.  Enjoy your weekend with the family, though.
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: Scrap a Day, July 24th
blbabe1234 wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 24, 2026 4:01 pm
Hey there cherries. Had a semi-busy work day yesterday and ended up waking up before my alarm. Sinuses were clogged, eyes watering and had a horrible headache. Had to sit up, take meds, etc. Coffee, meds, shower seemed to help. Went to HEB earlier this morning to get groceries. Put things away and got started with some emails that came in after 5pm yesterday. Crashed at 1pm - took a nap. Set my alarm for 2pm. Could have slept more but I didn't want to the nap to mess up with my sleep tonight. 

Probably won't be around this weekend..maybe a little bit on Sunday. Tomorrow we have my Papa's Celebration of Life in Victoria.  💙  💙 We'll leave here about 10am and probably won't get back home until after 6pm. Then on Sunday is Sissy's Birthday (my biological father's wife). We are taking her out to eat for a late lunch/early dinner. We'll head over there around noon and will be back after 4pm. 

Hope y'all have a great day and weekend!

((Hugs)). I know how much you loved your Papa.
Image

Image Image Image  

 
Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee