Skip to main content
World Card Making Day SALE! Take 15% off the regular price of everything, or 20% off orders $100+ with codeWCMD
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/2000
User avatar

wimom

Cherry Garcia

Mystery Box Challenge 2 -- Pick A Color Style -- Winner!
The winner is Sherriscraps! Please send me a PM with your address so I can get your Mystery Box prize on its way to you!

This challenge is inspired by one of Jess and Rachel’s recent videos where they show a few of their layouts and talk about their scrappy styles. You can watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/live/VZg3ajif4eE
 
One thing that struck me was their differing use of color. Jess tends toward bold, vibrant color contrasted with black. Here is one of the pages Jess showed: 
Image

Rachel tends to use more pastels and described one of her pages as pinky and cute (it was!) Here is one the pages she showed:
Image

Is your color style more like Jess? Or Rachel? For this challenge, you must:
 
Create a scrapbook page that uses lots of bold, vibrant colors PLUS black 
– OR – 
Create a page that uses lots of pastels, INCLUDING pink.
 
Thank you Jess and Rachel for inspiring this challenge!
 
The prize is a mystery box of items I have accumulated while cleaning/reorganizing my scrap room. Well, it is a semi-mystery box. I will tell you a little about what’s inside so that you can better determine how useful it would be to you:
 
- About 47 12x12 papers (I counted twice and got two different numbers so this may not be exact) in a variety of patterns and colors, but there is little that is pink or flowery. About 8 papers are fall/Halloween themed.
 
- A variety of embellishments, including chipboard, felt, stickers, ribbon and metal items. Some are fall/Halloween themed.
Some of the chipboard and felt are sized for 12x12 pages and will not work for 8.5 x 11. Overall, I think this box would be useful for a variety of scrappy projects as long as you are not looking for lots of pink/flowery.
 
Some rules:
1. Post your entry here. It should be clear whether you chose bold colors with black OR pink/pastel.
2. Deadline is 11:59 pm Monday, August 31.
3. Must be a new layout. Layouts only.
4. No combining with other challenges except team/prompt-type challenges.
5. One entry per Cherry.
6. Only open to US Cherries due to high cost of mailing the prize internationally. 
Any questions, please ask away!
 
Also, thank you, Cherries, for your positive response to Mystery Box Challenge 1. That challenge is still open – check it out here: https://www.acherryontop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=282764
4 users liked this post:
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin
Image
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Mystery Box Challenge 2 -- Pick A Color Style
Oh, I love this challenge Rhonda! 
    ImageImage
User avatar

wimom

Cherry Garcia

Re: Mystery Box Challenge 2 -- Pick A Color Style
VickiR wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 01, 2026 3:27 pm
Oh, I love this challenge Rhonda! 
Thanks Vicki!
 
1 user liked this post:
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin
Image
User avatar

wendycrowe

Cherry Bomb

Re: Mystery Box Challenge 2 -- Pick A Color Style
I chose Option #/2 - pastels and pink:

Image
1 user liked this post:
ImageImage
User avatar

sherriscraps

Cherry Bing

Re: Mystery Box Challenge 2 -- Pick A Color Style
I used the bold with black. 

Image
1 user liked this post:
Retired, scrapping and happy!
Sherri 
Image
User avatar

wimom

Cherry Garcia

Re: Mystery Box Challenge 2 -- Pick A Color Style
disneydarling wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 02, 2026 8:22 am
I chose Option #/2 - pastels and pink:

Image
So pretty -- pastels to the max! Love it! Thanks for doing my challenge!
 
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin
Image
User avatar

wimom

Cherry Garcia

Re: Mystery Box Challenge 2 -- Pick A Color Style
sherriscraps wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 02, 2026 1:46 pm
I used the bold with black. 

Image
Love that bright blue background -- really pops! Thanks for doing my challenge!
 
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin
Image
User avatar

lisn2cats

Cherry Bomb

Re: Mystery Box Challenge 2 -- Pick A Color Style
I lean toward Jess’ style:
Image
Image  ImageImage
User avatar

wimom

Cherry Garcia

Re: Mystery Box Challenge 2 -- Pick A Color Style
Lisn2cats wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 04, 2026 12:47 am
I lean toward Jess’ style:
Image
Love that starburst behind the drink and those colorful butterflies. Very striking! Thanks for doing my challenge!
 
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin
Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Mystery Box Challenge 2 -- Pick A Color Style
Here is my layout.  I like both styles, but my photos fit the bold colors/black combo better!

Image
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

wimom

Cherry Garcia

Re: Mystery Box Challenge 2 -- Pick A Color Style
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 04, 2026 12:28 pm
Here is my layout.  I like both styles, but my photos fit the bold colors/black combo better!

Image
I love both styles too, but have few opportunities to scrap pink. Your photos did work very well with the bold and black! Thanks for doing my challenge!
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin
Image
User avatar

CynthiaB

Cherry Picker

Re: Mystery Box Challenge 2 -- Pick A Color Style
I used pastels, including lots of pink ribbon from my stash!
Image
1 user liked this post:
Image ImageImage
User avatar

wimom

Cherry Garcia

Re: Mystery Box Challenge 2 -- Pick A Color Style
CynthiaB wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 15, 2026 3:45 pm
I used pastels, including lots of pink ribbon from my stash!
Image
Love that you were able to incorporate lots of photos and journaling, and the angled circle design adds so much interest! Beautiful page! Thanks for doing my challenge!
 
1 user liked this post:
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin
Image
User avatar

The Scrap Attack

Cherry Picker

Re: Mystery Box Challenge 2 -- Pick A Color Style
Here is mine, obviously using brights and black:

Image
1 user liked this post:
Image Image ImageImage
User avatar

wimom

Cherry Garcia

Re: Mystery Box Challenge 2 -- Pick A Color Style
Heidi Moniz wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 16, 2026 1:45 pm
Here is mine, obviously using brights and black:

Image
Great work on that background. Love those cute cartoon characters too! Thanks for doing my challenge!
 
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin
Image
User avatar

shortonideas

Cherry Blossom

Re: Mystery Box Challenge 2 -- Pick A Color Style
I chose Option #/2 - pastels with some pink flowers
Image
 
1 user liked this post:
User avatar

wimom

Cherry Garcia

Re: Mystery Box Challenge 2 -- Pick A Color Style
shortonideas wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 18, 2026 10:30 pm
I chose Option #/2 - pastels with some pink flowers
Image
Lovely pastel palette -- thanks for doing my challenge!
 
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin
Image
User avatar

Sharman Paulus .

Cherry Bing

Re: Mystery Box Challenge 2 -- Pick A Color Style
I did BOLD!Image
1 user liked this post:
User avatar

wimom

Cherry Garcia

Re: Mystery Box Challenge 2 -- Pick A Color Style
Sharmankp wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 19, 2026 12:49 pm
I did BOLD!Image
Love the yellow and green, then add the little bits of red and black and the page really pops! Thanks for doing my challenge!
 
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin
Image
User avatar

mjmarmo

Cherry Blossom

Re: Mystery Box Challenge 2 -- Pick A Color Style
Here is my layout. This was perfect for scrapping my granddaughter's back to school supplies. She went crazy for Love Shack Fancy from Target. All pink and flowery, this line has clothes, backpacks, journals and more. 

I used pink and pastels

Image
1 user liked this post:
Post Reply

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee