Skip to main content
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

request about usernames
I have a small dilemma. I'm trying to send a gift card to Cheryl E. Her username does not match her displayed name. The gift card :send to" box requires her username.  Before the update we used to be able to click on her name link and see the username, now we don't see it. Could you add it back? 

tia

**edit**
ok I think it is there...it's at the "@" sign.  I didn't know what that was for.
- joannie

  Image Image ImageImageImage
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: request about usernames
I agree!  That was the only way to figure out some people's usernames so we could PM them in a group PM, too.
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

SandyK1967

Cherry Garcia

Re: request about usernames
I have to say, the username and then having a display name confuses me.  I think mine are both the same.  I use the main name shown in bold on a post to send a gift card, hope I've been doing it right!
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋Image
 
User avatar

Flasher

A Cherry on Top

Re: request about usernames
I would like to see a "Send GC" option added to the other options in a Cherry's profile like "Send PM", "View Wishlist", "Give Award".  That would be handy.  At least to me!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Image

 
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: request about usernames
Laura wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 02, 2026 12:24 pm
I would like to see a "Send GC" option added to the other options in a Cherry's profile like "Send PM", "View Wishlist", "Give Award".  That would be handy.  At least to me!

I think that is a fabulous idea!
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: request about usernames
I believe the @ is the actual user name that you need for sending gift cards.
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: request about usernames
SandyK1967 wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 02, 2026 12:20 pm
I have to say, the username and then having a display name confuses me.  I think mine are both the same.  I use the main name shown in bold on a post to send a gift card, hope I've been doing it right!

Usually that works, but some people entered a username and then put in a different display name.  The username is where the PM's and gift cards go, not the name on the message board.  People have tried to go back and change it, but it doesn't seem to "take."  I don't know why...I'm not that techy!  LOL  But, unless you got notified that "no such user exists,"  you are good!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: request about usernames
pawprints wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 02, 2026 5:01 pm
I believe the @ is the actual user name that you need for sending gift cards.
Barb, yes, I think you are right!  When I click on Flasher's name, it shows @Laura below it.  She is one that I have had to check when I try to send a pm by just typing in her name, rather than using the link under her bio. (Of course, hers is easy to remember!) ;) :)
 
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: request about usernames
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 02, 2026 5:36 pm
pawprints wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 02, 2026 5:01 pm
I believe the @ is the actual user name that you need for sending gift cards.
Barb, yes, I think you are right!  When I click on Flasher's name, it shows @Laura below it.  She is one that I have had to check when I try to send a pm by just typing in her name, rather than using the link under her bio. (Of course, hers is easy to remember!) ;) :)
  
I can tell from Sharman's because it says @Sharmankp and that is how I have sent her gift cards. Her name Sharman Paulus is what is at the top.
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: request about usernames
pawprints wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 02, 2026 5:01 pm
I believe the @ is the actual user name that you need for sending gift cards.

Yes!  I think this is correct Barb.  I've checked several different cherry profiles and it shows both if they are different.  I know when I originally joined the board, there was confusion with my screen name and user name because one had a space between the R and one didn't.  I just made them both the same to save the confusion. 
    ImageImage
User avatar

SandyK1967

Cherry Garcia

Re: request about usernames
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 02, 2026 5:34 pm
SandyK1967 wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 02, 2026 12:20 pm
I have to say, the username and then having a display name confuses me.  I think mine are both the same.  I use the main name shown in bold on a post to send a gift card, hope I've been doing it right!

Usually that works, but some people entered a username and then put in a different display name.  The username is where the PM's and gift cards go, not the name on the message board.  People have tried to go back and change it, but it doesn't seem to "take."  I don't know why...I'm not that techy!  LOL  But, unless you got notified that "no such user exists,"  you are good! 

Ok thanks!  I've never gotten that message and I'll pay better attention next time.  So I've been lucky and maybe the username and display name has been the same when I've sent cards!
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋Image
 
Post Reply

Return to “Suggestions”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee

cron