Skip to main content
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

September/October Graphic Design Challenge
The graphic design challenge for September/October is also going to be in honor of Dolly Parton. I have chosen eight of her album covers and your challenge is to choose one of them and use it for inspiration. You can find inspiration in anything from the album cover you choose… it can be the colors, the title of the album, the outfit that Dolly is wearing, the design, the artwork… anything about the album cover that inspires you. And yes this means that if you do this challenge you will automatically be able to combine with my September music challenge. And as a bonus you can still combine with one other challenge that allows combining.

Plese post the album cover you chose with your submission and tell us what it was that inspired you.

Below are the album covers you may choose from:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image


Open to paper, digi, cards, planners, crafts, or whatever this inspires you to create. 

Must be a new layout.

Multiple submissions are allowed up to a limit of 5, as long as each submission is from a different album cover… no multiple submissions from the same album.

You may combine with one other challenge that allows combining, and you may add to the Prompts Challenge if there is one.

***As a bonus for the month of September, you may combine with my music challenge and STILL combine with one other challenge that allows combining.***

Post your submission to this thread by October 31st and a random winner of all participants will receive a $5 ACOT GC from me!

Most importantly… HAVE FUN!

I chose the "A Holly Dolly Christmas" album cover to scrap a photo of my sweet JJ wearing a pretty red dress and opening presents on Christmas Day in 2023. I was inspired by the red background and Dolly's fancy red dress, the gold title, and all the little sparkles. 

Image

Participants
1. traveler
2. blfonty
3. Scraplifter
4. Scraplifter
5. Cheryl E.
6. blfonty
7. VickiR
8. shoorn
9. Birgit55~Chickadee
10. mrozwood
11. mrozwood
12. wendycrowe
13. blfonty
14. Karyn_Sue
15. blfonty
16. Cheryl E.
17. Art_Teacher
18. mjmarmo
19. Mommyof5~Misty
20. Karyn_Sue
21. sherriscraps
22. Scrapqueen141
23. sherriscraps
24. sherriscraps
25. Creative gLori
26. sherriscraps
27. scrappinmom99
28. Jael Luvs2create
29. CathyLovesPaper
30. GinniG
31. Donna_Coughlin
32. joannie
33. sherriscraps
34. MaganL
35. Breauxlabs
36. MaganL
37. lisn2cats
38. Wild4Duran2
39. Creative gLori
40. Cheryl E.
 
5 users liked this post:
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
GORGEOUS sample and LOVE this challeng!!! 
1 user liked this post:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
I chose this one:
Image
I was inspired by the design, the circle with the horizontal strip behind it and the cursive text above the circle
Image
 
1 user liked this post:
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

 
User avatar

blfonty

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
September/October Graphic Design - Tribute to Dolly (inspired by album title "Run Rose Run", added butterflies). Coombined with September Book Lovers Challenge.

Image

Image
Image
2 users liked this post:
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Image.  Image.  Image  
User avatar

Scraplifter

Cherry Blossom

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
I used the Jolene album cover. I was inspired by the yellow background and the center portrait in the center of the album. I located the photo of my DD cheesing it up with her new retainer portrait style in the middle of the layout. I was also inspired by the "I will always love you" phrase and used photos of miscellaneous things I love of my girl and everyday life.
Image

Image
2 users liked this post:
User avatar

Scraplifter

Cherry Blossom

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
I was inspired by: the "Keep On Dreaming" album. I used black and white as my main colors. I also mimic'd the album frame and "framed"/matted every photo. Finally, I went with the "Keep on dreaming" title to document our everyday lives.
Image

Image
2 users liked this post:
User avatar

Cheryl E.

Cherry Blossom

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
These photos were perfect for Keep On Dreaming! I was inspired by the title and color scheme, plus I included one of Dolly's quotes in my journaling. I was originally going to use a castle silhouette for my Sleeping Beauties, but I instead went with a rose because of the roses on Dolly's shirt.
Image
Image
Keep Dreaming Layout
2 users liked this post:
User avatar

blfonty

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
Dolly Tribute - A Holly Dolly Christmas album cover. I was inspired by the red background, glitter/cursive alphas, red stripe-like dress, large Dolly image, and Christmas theme. For Bonus, added to the September Music Challenge too.

Image

Image
3 users liked this post:
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Image.  Image.  Image  
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
Scraplifter wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 06, 2026 3:50 pm
I was inspired by: the "Keep On Dreaming" album. I used black and white as my main colors. I also mimic'd the album frame and "framed"/matted every photo. Finally, I went with the "Keep on dreaming" title to document our everyday lives.
ImageImage

Remember to combine this with my music challenge!
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
I was inspired by the "Jolene" album cover.  I loved the soft yellow and single photo which is something I most often do.  The soft yellow was perfect for the photo I was using.  And the casual way Dolly is sitting is very similar to the girls.  Combined with the Taylor Swift Challenge and Music Challenge.

BEST FRIENDS
Image
Image
2 users liked this post:
    ImageImage
User avatar

shoorn

Cherry Cola

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
I used this one for inspiration - the country vibe, denim, r/w/b
Image

Here's mine
Image
 
2 users liked this post:
Hi everyone!     My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

  ImageImage   ImageImage


Image




 
User avatar

Birgit55~Chickadee

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
Here's my card based on this cover:
Image
Image
I was inspired by the ethereal background and the fairy wings.  
2 users liked this post:
User avatar

mrozwood

Cherry Bing

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
Dolly’s: I believe in you

Image
1 user liked this post:
~Melanie

It's ok, I scrapbook.
User avatar

mrozwood

Cherry Bing

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
Blue Skye

Image
2 users liked this post:
~Melanie

It's ok, I scrapbook.
User avatar

wendycrowe

Cherry Bomb

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
Here is my page:

Image

Inspired by this album cover:

Image
2 users liked this post:
ImageImage
User avatar

blfonty

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
2nd Entry: inspired by Dolly's "Workin' 9 to 5" album cover. Added to September Music Challenge for Dolly. Photo of my great niece as working girl with 1st job at Burger King.

Image

Image
2 users liked this post:
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Image.  Image.  Image  
User avatar

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Garcia

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
This is my first entry. It was also submitted for the music challenge.

I chose the "Rock Star" album cover and was inspired by the leopard print steering wheel:
Image

(AND I also chose this picture, posted by Kristin in her Hollywood challenge, of Dolly in a zebra print outfit.)
Image)

I was inspired to do an animal theme so I used zoo pictures and zoo papers. There are zebras & leopards in the patterned papers and there are also strips of zebra stripe & leopard paper. I also included a small zebra button embellie on the bottom right - sadly I couldn't find a leopard one, but I did find a leopard sticker!:
Image
The Wild
2 users liked this post:
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford
Image
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar

blfonty

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
4th entry: inspiration from Dolly's Jolene Album cover showing title of featured song, "I will always love you". Used song title as title of my layout. Combined with SeptemberMusic Challenge (Dolly inspiration).

Image

Image
2 users liked this post:
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Image.  Image.  Image  
User avatar

Cheryl E.

Cherry Blossom

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
I was inspired by the I Believe in You album cover: the color scheme, the blue rhinestones, the lights in the background (I added lantern paper), and the sheer material of Dolly's dress (I used blue vellum).
Image
Image
Oak Mesa Dance Layout
2 users liked this post:
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
Here is mine inspired by the Christmas album. My inspirations were the colors, the glitter, the title font, and the butterfly. :) Combined with the Music challenge.

Image

Image

 
2 users liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
Post Reply

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee