Skip to main content
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000

fussy cutting--yay or nay?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:37 pm

Total votes: 27
yay (21) 78%
nay (3) 11%
other (3) 11%
User avatar

stinkerbelle

Cherry Cola

fussy cutting
or fussy cussing like Vicki Boutin says lol

i used to not be a fan at all, pretty much only because i couldn't see well enough to do it.  then i finally got bifocals (like 10 years after i was told i needed them because i finally felt old enough lol) and so now i can see to do it but...i'm not very good at it so i try to avoid it if possible.  i'm not one of those people who looks at a lovely floral paper and feels the need to immediately cut them out but i'll do it occasionally.  

also, i'm a very lazy scrapper and if it seems like too much work i'll just do something else!

so how about you?
 
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image
User avatar

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: fussy cutting
haaaaaa i buy some floral papers just so i can fussy cut them---just did it on my last layout

i would say maybe one out of 15 layouts might have some fussy on it....
User avatar

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Re: fussy cutting
I have no problem hand cutting but I will never tell anyone something as dumb sounding (to me ) as I fussy cut it. Don’t know who started describing cutting something out as “fussy cutting” but whoever it was ought to b embarrassed. Of course you have to take into account how elderly I am and how little patience I have and how cranky I can be!!!


OK diatribe over.
User avatar

stinkerbelle

Cherry Cola

Re: fussy cutting
Charleneanne wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:46 am
I have no problem hand cutting but I will never tell anyone something as dumb sounding (to me ) as I fussy cut it. Don’t know who started describing cutting something out as “fussy cutting” but whoever it was ought to b embarrassed. Of course you have to take into account how elderly I am and how little patience I have and how cranky I can be!!!


OK diatribe over.
it came from the quilting world, so blame them  😆
 
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image
User avatar

stinkerbelle

Cherry Cola

Re: fussy cutting
CarrieG wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:47 pm
haaaaaa i buy some floral papers just so i can fussy cut them---just did it on my last layout

i would say maybe one out of 15 layouts might have some fussy on it....

i'll send you some so you can cut for me  😁
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image
User avatar

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

Re: fussy cutting
I love Fussy Cutting! Especially florals.
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: fussy cutting
stinkerbelle wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:01 am
CarrieG wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:47 pm
haaaaaa i buy some floral papers just so i can fussy cut them---just did it on my last layout

i would say maybe one out of 15 layouts might have some fussy on it....

i'll send you some so you can cut for me  😁 
only if you send yourself with em
 
User avatar

stinkerbelle

Cherry Cola

Re: fussy cutting
CarrieG wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:30 am
stinkerbelle wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:01 am
CarrieG wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:47 pm
haaaaaa i buy some floral papers just so i can fussy cut them---just did it on my last layout

i would say maybe one out of 15 layouts might have some fussy on it....

i'll send you some so you can cut for me  😁  
only if you send yourself with em
  
💖 💖 💖 maybe when the heat dies down!
 
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image
User avatar

ChrisC.

Cherry Addict

Re: fussy cutting
I love fussy cutting because it’s a cheaper alternative to purchasing die cuts.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

 ImageImageImage Image
 
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: fussy cutting
I don't fussy cut often, but don't mind doing it for something I really want to add to a project  Like Carrie, it is usually a flower that I want to use for dimension.
    ImageImage
User avatar

Birgit55~Chickadee

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: fussy cutting
I don't fussy cut often, but the more I get into art journaling, the more I find I don't mind it.  I used to avoid it like the plague.  
User avatar

MTCanuk

Cherry Cropper

Re: fussy cutting
Oh, gosh, I love to fussy cut things out.  Whether it be florals. or taking apart cut apart papers.  
A lot of my pages have items I have fussy cut out.  
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

 
User avatar

DN in MN

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: fussy cutting
It is like therapy for me... until I make the wrong cut, lol!
ImageImage  Image
Word of 2026 - MINDFUL 
 
User avatar

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

Re: fussy cutting
heck, no - don't have the patience for it - that's what my scan n cut is for LOL
Image
User avatar

Jolly Holly Scraps

Cherry Cropper

Re: fussy cutting
DN in MN wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:31 pm
It is like therapy for me... until I make the wrong cut, lol!

Lol yessss
User avatar

CraftyDoer

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: fussy cutting
I don't mind fussy cutting. You can find some pretty cool and unexpected images for embellishing when you fussy cut! I like to use an x-acto knife when I can!
Let's connect! Follow me on YouTube, Facebook and Instagram for mixed media paper crafting inspiration @TheCraftyDoings

Image

Image ImageImageImage
User avatar

Jolly Holly Scraps

Cherry Cropper

Re: fussy cutting
I'm loving these questions! 😊 AND everyone's responses!

I gotta be in the mood to fussy cut -when I do, it seems like I do a LOT!! I find it VERY relaxing but sometimes my hands hurt so I ONLY do the fussy cutting if I REALLY want to!
I love stamping, too though I don't have dies for very many of my stamps. (No electronic die cutter.)
I usually make a batch of something when I'm fussy cutting; i.e., several flowers, tags, icons, etc. The more I have to play with, the better! 😂
User avatar

stinkerbelle

Cherry Cola

Re: fussy cutting
sdwhru wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:56 pm
heck, no - don't have the patience for it - that's what my scan n cut is for LOL

i have a scan n cut but don't really know how to use it!
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image
User avatar

stinkerbelle

Cherry Cola

Re: fussy cutting
JessM wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:36 pm
I don't mind fussy cutting. You can find some pretty cool and unexpected images for embellishing when you fussy cut! I like to use an x-acto knife when I can!

i think i would unexpectedly cut off a finger or two if i tried that lol
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image
User avatar

lisn2cats

Cherry Bomb

Re: fussy cutting
CarrieG wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:47 pm
haaaaaa i buy some floral papers just so i can fussy cut them---just did it on my last layout

i would say maybe one out of 15 layouts might have some fussy on it....

I’m with you! I buy paper just to fussy-cut elements. I’ve been trying to purge my massive paper collection and now have a bin marked “to fussy-cut”.
Image  ImageImage
Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee