or fussy cussing like Vicki Boutin says lol
i used to not be a fan at all, pretty much only because i couldn't see well enough to do it. then i finally got bifocals (like 10 years after i was told i needed them because i finally felt old enough lol) and so now i can see to do it but...i'm not very good at it so i try to avoid it if possible. i'm not one of those people who looks at a lovely floral paper and feels the need to immediately cut them out but i'll do it occasionally.
also, i'm a very lazy scrapper and if it seems like too much work i'll just do something else!
so how about you?
haaaaaa i buy some floral papers just so i can fussy cut them---just did it on my last layout
i would say maybe one out of 15 layouts might have some fussy on it....
i would say maybe one out of 15 layouts might have some fussy on it....
I have no problem hand cutting but I will never tell anyone something as dumb sounding (to me ) as I fussy cut it. Don’t know who started describing cutting something out as “fussy cutting” but whoever it was ought to b embarrassed. Of course you have to take into account how elderly I am and how little patience I have and how cranky I can be!!!
OK diatribe over.
OK diatribe over.
it came from the quilting world, so blame themCharleneanne wrote: ↑Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:46 amI have no problem hand cutting but I will never tell anyone something as dumb sounding (to me ) as I fussy cut it. Don’t know who started describing cutting something out as “fussy cutting” but whoever it was ought to b embarrassed. Of course you have to take into account how elderly I am and how little patience I have and how cranky I can be!!!
OK diatribe over.
*Stacy*


I love Fussy Cutting! Especially florals.
only if you send yourself with em
CarrieG wrote: ↑Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:30 amonly if you send yourself with em
*Stacy*


I love fussy cutting because it’s a cheaper alternative to purchasing die cuts.
I don't fussy cut often, but the more I get into art journaling, the more I find I don't mind it. I used to avoid it like the plague.
Oh, gosh, I love to fussy cut things out. Whether it be florals. or taking apart cut apart papers.
A lot of my pages have items I have fussy cut out.
A lot of my pages have items I have fussy cut out.





Leslee
It is like therapy for me... until I make the wrong cut, lol!

Word of 2026 - MINDFUL
I don't mind fussy cutting. You can find some pretty cool and unexpected images for embellishing when you fussy cut! I like to use an x-acto knife when I can!
Let's connect! Follow me on YouTube, Facebook and Instagram for mixed media paper crafting inspiration @TheCraftyDoings







I'm loving these questions!
AND everyone's responses!
I gotta be in the mood to fussy cut -when I do, it seems like I do a LOT!! I find it VERY relaxing but sometimes my hands hurt so I ONLY do the fussy cutting if I REALLY want to!
I love stamping, too though I don't have dies for very many of my stamps. (No electronic die cutter.)
I usually make a batch of something when I'm fussy cutting; i.e., several flowers, tags, icons, etc. The more I have to play with, the better!
I gotta be in the mood to fussy cut -when I do, it seems like I do a LOT!! I find it VERY relaxing but sometimes my hands hurt so I ONLY do the fussy cutting if I REALLY want to!
I love stamping, too though I don't have dies for very many of my stamps. (No electronic die cutter.)
I usually make a batch of something when I'm fussy cutting; i.e., several flowers, tags, icons, etc. The more I have to play with, the better!
I’m with you! I buy paper just to fussy-cut elements. I’ve been trying to purge my massive paper collection and now have a bin marked “to fussy-cut”.


Information
Moderators






















