Skip to main content
Just landed Fresh arrivals this week : Amber Ledgers, Pinkfresh Festive Fun, Honey Bee Acorn & Ember, and more! Shop New →
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

February Mood Board Challenge 2024
Woohoo! January is finally over.  Today, after 10 straight days of rain, clouds, snow, and no sunshine, we finally had a sunny day!  Weather man said it was the first full, sunny day since January 5th.  Now I know why I hate January in Ohio so much!  lol

Anyway, for this month's mood board, I am challenging you to find a way to use yellow!  It is a color I rarely use, but we need sunshine to break up the monotony of this winter, for sure. ;)  So...create a layout that is predominantly shades of yellow (over 50%), and has 3 other inspirations from the mood board below.  You can pair any color with the yellow that you want, as long as it is over 50% yellow. :)

Image

Rules:
Must be a new layout.
Can be combined with one other challenge that allows combining.

You have until midnight, February 29th (love a leap year!) to post your layout in the gallery spot provided to be entered in the drawing for a prize from me.
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

SandyJay

Cherry Cola

Re: February Mood Board Challenge 2024
Oooooooo!!!  I love yellow!  Beautiful board!  I loved last months board, and from now on, I will think of using a soft orange with my turquoise.  Thank you, “teach”!   💛
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: February Mood Board Challenge 2024
Mommytron wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:20 pm
Oooooooo!!!  I love yellow!  Beautiful board!  I loved last months board, and from now on, I will think of using a soft orange with my turquoise.  Thank you, “teach”!   💛

Glad you liked it (and that I "taught" you something!)
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

lisn2cats

Cherry Bomb

Re: February Mood Board Challenge 2024
Gorgeous sunshine-y board! 
Image  ImageImage
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: February Mood Board Challenge 2024
Oh wow!  I seriously love this board.  Yellow is such a happy color and wish there was more available in the craft world.  Yellow roses and daffodils are my favorite flowers. 
    ImageImage
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: February Mood Board Challenge 2024
Love this one!!!!  I really struggled with last month's so this will be much easier.  
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

wazzu94

Cherry Bing

Re: February Mood Board Challenge 2024
GORGEOUS Mood board...I absolutely love how bright and cheerful!  We have sun today in Oregon.  I've already got my mind racing for ideas! ⭐️ 💛 🌕 🌝
Suzann
Image         
 Image  
User avatar

blfonty

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: February Mood Board Challenge 2024
Love this Mood Board with Yellow and lots of inspiration! Wish I had a picture of myself in my 1970's bright yellow pantsuit. Oh well, I'm thinking about all kinds of options.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Image.  Image.  Image  
User avatar

lisn2cats

Cherry Bomb

Re: February Mood Board Challenge 2024
The checkerboard in the first photo just begged for some paper weaving; I also noted the polka dots and bit of brown in the photo of the house; I wanted to incorporate a bit of ribbon; and, lastly, I liked the big skinny letters!
Image
Image  ImageImage
User avatar

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

Re: February Mood Board Challenge 2024
I love this!! Thinking cap on!
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar

stinkerbelle

Cherry Cola

Re: February Mood Board Challenge 2024
my inspirations were the word "white"--white cardstock; the checkered pattern inspired the hexagon stenciling; globe--field trip to another city

Image

 
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image
User avatar

jcsmaestra

Cherry Cola

Re: February Mood Board Challenge 2024
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:35 pm
Woohoo! January is finally over.  Today, after 10 straight days of rain, clouds, snow, and no sunshine, we finally had a sunny day!  Weather man said it was the first full, sunny day since January 5th.  Now I know why I hate January in Ohio so much!  lol

Anyway, for this month's mood board, I am challenging you to find a way to use yellow!  It is a color I rarely use, but we need sunshine to break up the monotony of this winter, for sure. ;)  So...create a layout that is predominantly shades of yellow (over 50%), and has 3 other inspirations from the mood board below.  You can pair any color with the yellow that you want, as long as it is over 50% yellow. :)

Image

Rules:
Must be a new layout.
Can be combined with one other challenge that allows combining.

You have until midnight, February 29th (love a leap year!) to post your card(s) in the gallery spot provided to be entered in the drawing for a prize from me.
Are cards allowed?  At beginning it says layout but last sentence says cards. 
 
Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image
 
User avatar

blfonty

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: February Mood Board Challenge 2024
Yellow and White colors, with inspiration from polkadots, flowers and ribbon. The background border is actually white IRL, Combined with the February Manufacturer Challenge.

Image
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Image.  Image.  Image  
User avatar

jcsmaestra

Cherry Cola

Re: February Mood Board Challenge 2024
 I was inspired by the circles, flowers, and small print on the globe. I tried to download into the gallery for this challenge, but it came up as error message and would not download.  I deleted and started over and it did the same thing. I see that other cherries were able to download, so I don't know what the problem is. 
Image



 
Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image
 
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: February Mood Board Challenge 2024
jcsmaestra wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:56 pm
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:35 pm
Woohoo! January is finally over.  Today, after 10 straight days of rain, clouds, snow, and no sunshine, we finally had a sunny day!  Weather man said it was the first full, sunny day since January 5th.  Now I know why I hate January in Ohio so much!  lol

Anyway, for this month's mood board, I am challenging you to find a way to use yellow!  It is a color I rarely use, but we need sunshine to break up the monotony of this winter, for sure. ;)  So...create a layout that is predominantly shades of yellow (over 50%), and has 3 other inspirations from the mood board below.  You can pair any color with the yellow that you want, as long as it is over 50% yellow. :)

Image

Rules:
Must be a new layout.
Can be combined with one other challenge that allows combining.

You have until midnight, February 29th (love a leap year!) to post your card(s) in the gallery spot provided to be entered in the drawing for a prize from me.
Are cards allowed?  At beginning it says layout but last sentence says cards. 
  

Only layouts, sorry.  That's what I get for copying/pasting stuff from my card challenge. ;)
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: February Mood Board Challenge 2024
jcsmaestra wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:34 pm
 I was inspired by the circles, flowers, and small print on the globe. I tried to download into the gallery for this challenge, but it came up as error message and would not download.  I deleted and started over and it did the same thing. I see that other cherries were able to download, so I don't know what the problem is. 
Image
Because this is a layout challenge, it is not allowing cards in the gallery spot. ;)  Your card is lovely, though.
 
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Trek

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: February Mood Board Challenge 2024
My LO
Flowers, leaves, polka dots, frame for the window
Image
Katerina
User avatar

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: February Mood Board Challenge 2024
Image
Inspiration from image: florals, geometric pattern in dress and paper, round globe inspired enamel dots.
Leslie
User avatar

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Garcia

Re: February Mood Board Challenge 2024
Great mood board!

It's obvious for me to pair shades of yellow with shades of blue for Hanukkah pictures!
My inspirations were the silverware (the silver menorah charm), the ribbon (the ribbon accent upper right) and the word "white" (White matting and journaling strips)

Image
Shine Bright

also posted to the mood board gallery.
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford
Image
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar

Amy Jo

Cherry Bomb

Re: February Mood Board Challenge 2024
I as inspired by the butterfly, the checkered and polka dots patterns (I used A LOT of,patterns), and the bouquet (I used several embellishment clusters).

Image
ImageImageImageImage
 
Post Reply

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee