Skip to main content
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

QueenBee89

Cherry Cola

*WINNERS* March 2024 Video Game Challenge
WOW! I am completely blown away by how many layouts you all created for my challenge in March! I decided to award (2) winners this month… congrats to #13 aheatfan and #95 ScrappyRN74! Gift cards heading your way soon!
———————————————
Welcome back to the Video Game Challenge!

Somehow, my five year old has managed to learn way too much about navigating on his Nintendo Switch already and found a video advertising a brand new game… and told me there was a free demo to download! (No surprise, he was right!) & now is insisting we buy the full version!

So, here we are with the Mario Vs. Donkey Kong challenge!

Image

Just like last month, I’m providing two different options to inspire you to create.

Option 1 - Use the color palette (at least 3 colors) on your layout. Other colors are acceptable but the palette should be easily seen in looking at your project.

Option 2 - This one will have two different choices since both Mario and Donkey Kong are popular Nintendo characters. If you choose Mario, you need to include something related to WATER on your project as he’s a plumber. If it’s more “on like Donkey Kong” for you, I need to see a WILD ANIMAL (no pets please, but zoo, petting farm etc are OK) on your project.

For a bonus entry, combine Option 1 and 2 on the SAME project.

I was so thrilled with how well-received my first challenge in this series was so I hope this one is just as inspiring! Here’s my example! I used the color palette and a water theme (garden hose!)

Image

The Fine Print
1. New Projects Only. Open to both paper & digital, single or double page layouts and cards.
3. Limit of (3) entries per Cherry.
4. Can be combined with (1) other monthly challenge.
5. I’ll use a random number generator to select a winner for a $5 ACOT Gift Card!
Please link your layouts here by 11:59pm EST on March 31st.

Participating Cherries:
1. oceanbreezes423 
2. oceanbreezes423 (bonus) 
3. Deanna13 
4. SandyK1967
5. SandyK1967 (bonus)
6. MaganL
7. MaganL (bonus)
8. SandyK1967 
9. SandyK1967 (bonus)
10. mrozwood 
11. stinkerbelle 
12. stinkerbelle (bonus)
13. aheatfan 
14. Aztam 
15. Aztam (bonus)
16. lilkoala3 
17. lilkoala3 (bonus)
18. Skinnaman 
19. Skinnaman (bonus)
20. jordanbev5
21. jordanbev5
22. Deanna13
23. Deanna13 
24. Trek
25. karen c. 
26. SandyK1967
27. Aztam
28. Donna_Coughlin
29. Amy Jo
30. joannie 
31. stinkerbelle 
32. stinkerbelle 
33. ScrappyDistractions 
34. jcmaestra 
35. jcmaestra (Bonus)
36. GayleChurches
37. GayleChurches (Bonus)
38. VALERIE 03/22
39. GinniG
40. Monroe2018 
41. wazzu94 
42. wazzu94 (Bonus) 
43. joannie 
44. Sharman Paulus . 
45. natesmom
46. natesmom
47. CynthiaB
48. CynthiaB (bonus)
49. GinniG
50. joannie 
51. hsblair 
52. hsblair (bonus)
53. Amy Jo 
54. Amy Jo (bonus) 
55. Cynthia Corbett 
56. Cynthia Corbett (bonus) 
57. JA_Mehess 
58. JA_Mehess (bonus)
59. Samantha K.
60. Samantha K.
61. mandylee
62. Breauxlabs 
63. Breauxlabs (bonus)
63. Trek 
64. AnneMichelle
65. JA_Mehess
66. JA_Mehess 
67. LoreenC
68. LoreenC (bonus)
69. lilkoala3
70. MTCanuk
71. Breauxlabs 
72. Breauxlabs 
73. wendycrowe 
74. wendycrowe 
75. njr007
76. Karyn_Sue 
77. GerriW
78. MrsFleck
79. lilkoala3
80. lilkoala3 (bonus)
81. Jessica Michaels 
82. Karyn_Sue 
83. Karyn_Sue (bonus)
84. Retiree3
85. wimom
86. wimom
87. wimom
88. CathyG89
89. The Scrap Attack 
90. shortonideas 
91. jcmaestra 
92. aheatfan 
93. CathyG89
94. ScrappyRN74 
95. ScrappyRN74 (bonus)
96. ScrappyRN74 
97. ScrappyRN74 (bonus)
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image
ImageImage
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: March 2024 Video Game Challenge
LOL!  Too funny...those littles are better at figuring out the games than we are.  Love the bold colors for this challenge.
    ImageImage
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: March 2024 Video Game Challenge
SUPER fun challenge and again, this is right up my alley. My oldest nephew Draven is obsessed with Mario!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Garcia

Re: March 2024 Video Game Challenge
Great palette and great choices! I have some zoo pics to do that may work!
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford
Image
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar

SandyK1967

Cherry Garcia

Re: March 2024 Video Game Challenge
I GOT to do this one this time, great choices, I have lots of options with zoo and water and great color palette!
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋Image
 
User avatar

QueenBee89

Cherry Cola

Re: March 2024 Video Game Challenge
blbabe1234 wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:40 pm
SUPER fun challenge and again, this is right up my alley. My oldest nephew Draven is obsessed with Mario!
We love Mario around here! I think I enjoyed the new movie just as much as the boys did!!! I have such great memories of playing the original Nintendo system Super Mario Bros games with my older cousins growing up, and now my guys get to do the same!!! (well, minus the original Nintendo, LOL!) 
 
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image
ImageImage
User avatar

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Re: March 2024 Video Game Challenge
Another great challenge, Brandi! Love both options! 😊
Image Image ImageImage
User avatar

Jolly Holly Scraps

Cherry Cropper

Re: March 2024 Video Game Challenge
Adorable!! I'll be putting my thinking cap on!
User avatar

The Scrap Attack

Cherry Picker

Re: March 2024 Video Game Challenge
Oh man, I don't usually use bold primary colors like this so this will be a challenge for sure! I had a feeling it was coming though since Mario is a Nintendo cornerstone!

I am wistfully hoping for a Zelda: Breath of the Wild challenge in the future! It's amazing how kids are so intuitive now with electronics. They just know what to do!
Image Image ImageImage
User avatar

QueenBee89

Cherry Cola

Re: March 2024 Video Game Challenge
Heidi Moniz wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:52 pm
Oh man, I don't usually use bold primary colors like this so this will be a challenge for sure! I had a feeling it was coming though since Mario is a Nintendo cornerstone!

I am wistfully hoping for a Zelda: Breath of the Wild challenge in the future! It's amazing how kids are so intuitive now with electronics. They just know what to do!

Wyatt hasn’t gotten into Zelda yet! However, my nephew was Link for Halloween a couple years ago so I’m sure I can come up with something!

And I agree, the bold primary colors aren’t usually ones I reach for, gotta switch it up every once in a while though! :)
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image
ImageImage
User avatar

wazzu94

Cherry Bing

Re: March 2024 Video Game Challenge
You are having so much fun creating your challenges!  This is so creative...can't wait to get to work!!
 
Suzann
Image         
 Image  
User avatar

QueenBee89

Cherry Cola

Re: March 2024 Video Game Challenge
wazzu94 wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:07 am
You are having so much fun creating your challenges!  This is so creative...can't wait to get to work!!
 

Haha, yes! Creating the challenge is a little hobby itself!  :greenlol:
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image
ImageImage
User avatar

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: March 2024 Video Game Challenge
I have photos from Animal Kingdom's bird show. Would trained birds count for a WILD ANIMAL?
- joannie

  Image Image ImageImageImage
User avatar

QueenBee89

Cherry Cola

Re: March 2024 Video Game Challenge
joannie wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:53 am
I have photos from Animal Kingdom's bird show. Would trained birds count for a WILD ANIMAL?

Yes, that’ll work!!! 
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image
ImageImage
User avatar

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Re: March 2024 Video Game Challenge
I chose green, brown and yellow with a wild animal.

Image
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
User avatar

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: March 2024 Video Game Challenge
QueenBee89 wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:54 am
joannie wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:53 am
I have photos from Animal Kingdom's bird show. Would trained birds count for a WILD ANIMAL?

Yes, that’ll work!!!  
thanx
 
- joannie

  Image Image ImageImageImage
User avatar

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Re: March 2024 Video Game Challenge
Here's mine using Option #2 Mario - Water. 😊

Photos of sweet grandkids Kellan, Marcus, and Lucy at Ocean Cay on our family cruise, June 2023. 💖
Ocean Cay
Image
Image Image ImageImage
User avatar

SandyK1967

Cherry Garcia

Re: March 2024 Video Game Challenge
Both options: Red, green, brown, and a touch of yellow.....and Elephants!

Image

Combined with the Sketch with a Twist challenge
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋Image
 
User avatar

MaganL

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: March 2024 Video Game Challenge
https://sbing.com/i/gallery2/527348-700.jpg

Combined with double page sketch

I was able to use the color scheme and theme of water for the bonus.
User avatar

SandyK1967

Cherry Garcia

Re: March 2024 Video Game Challenge
Another one. Palette colors green, red, yellow and Zoo photos! Having fun with this challenge this month.

Image

Combined with the Manufacturer with a Twist challenge
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋Image
 
Post Reply

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee