Skip to main content
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Scrap a Day, June 12th
Good morning cherries and TGIF. Barb asked me to post for her. They had another rough night with Twinkie.

I'm hoping today is finally a quiet work day. I've had exhausting work days, each day this week, leaving me brain-dead by the end of the night. Didn't sleep too well last night, so when my alarm went off, I shut it off and slept for another hour. Got all the pups fed, and swept/mopped floors. About to jump in the shower and head out to HEB for groceries. I also have a DAR lunch to go to at Outback.

As for DH, he continues to make great timing on this trip. Usually it takes about 12 hrs from Corpus Christi to El Paso, then another 12 hrs from El Paso to his mom's in Southern California. But he managed to make it to El Paso in 9 1/2 hours! And drove thru New Mexico and made it to the Arizona border by 8:30pm my time. He said he hasn't had to deal with any traffic, so that's cool. He made it to Tuscon by 10:30pm, and grabbed something to eat for dinner. If he kept going, he would make it to his mom's house at 4am PST, which would have been TOO EARLY. So he chose to pull over at rest stop, and took a nice 4 hr nap. He made it to California by 5am (7am my time). So he should make it to his mom's house by 8am. So he's almost there! Once there, he'll unload the truck, take a shower and go with his mom to see his brother at 11am. His aunt also made it out there (she flew out of Corpus Christi on Wednesday). 

Hope y'all have a great day!
3 users liked this post:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Scrap a Day, June 12th
blbabe1234 wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 12, 2026 9:48 am
Good morning cherries and TGIF. Barb asked me to post for her. They had another rough night with Twinkie.

I'm hoping today is finally a quiet work day. I've had exhausting work days, each day this week, leaving me brain-dead by the end of the night. Didn't sleep too well last night, so when my alarm went off, I shut it off and slept for another hour. Got all the pups fed, and swept/mopped floors. About to jump in the shower and head out to HEB for groceries. I also have a DAR lunch to go to at Outback.

As for DH, he continues to make great timing on this trip. Usually it takes about 12 hrs from Corpus Christi to El Paso, then another 12 hrs from El Paso to his mom's in Southern California. But he managed to make it to El Paso in 9 1/2 hours! And drove thru New Mexico and made it to the Arizona border by 8:30pm my time. He said he hasn't had to deal with any traffic, so that's cool. He made it to Tuscon by 10:30pm, and grabbed something to eat for dinner. If he kept going, he would make it to his mom's house at 4am PST, which would have been TOO EARLY. So he chose to pull over at rest stop, and took a nice 4 hr nap. He made it to California by 5am (7am my time). So he should make it to his mom's house by 8am. So he's almost there! Once there, he'll unload the truck, take a shower and go with his mom to see his brother at 11am. His aunt also made it out there (she flew out of Corpus Christi on Wednesday). 

Hope y'all have a great day!
Sorry to hear that Barb and Twinkie had a rough night.  Sending good thoughts to her.

Sorry you had a rough night too!  Hope everything gets better as the day goes on and you have a nice luncheon.  Good to hear DH is making great progress on his trip.  Have a good day!
 
    ImageImage
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Scrap a Day, June 12th
It's another hot one today!  I'm getting ready to head out to the grocery store while DH gets his mowing done before it's blistering hot again.  I will wait until all hand trimming is done and he's on the mower.  I want to make sure he stays hydrated in this heat.  DGD got out of school at 10 because the air is not working.  Lucky for her because her brother has a full day!  LOL!  Finals will have to wait until next week!  Have a good Friday and weekend Cherries!
3 users liked this post:
    ImageImage
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, June 12th
blbabe1234 wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 12, 2026 9:48 am
Good morning cherries and TGIF. Barb asked me to post for her. They had another rough night with Twinkie.

I'm hoping today is finally a quiet work day. I've had exhausting work days, each day this week, leaving me brain-dead by the end of the night. Didn't sleep too well last night, so when my alarm went off, I shut it off and slept for another hour. Got all the pups fed, and swept/mopped floors. About to jump in the shower and head out to HEB for groceries. I also have a DAR lunch to go to at Outback.

As for DH, he continues to make great timing on this trip. Usually it takes about 12 hrs from Corpus Christi to El Paso, then another 12 hrs from El Paso to his mom's in Southern California. But he managed to make it to El Paso in 9 1/2 hours! And drove thru New Mexico and made it to the Arizona border by 8:30pm my time. He said he hasn't had to deal with any traffic, so that's cool. He made it to Tuscon by 10:30pm, and grabbed something to eat for dinner. If he kept going, he would make it to his mom's house at 4am PST, which would have been TOO EARLY. So he chose to pull over at rest stop, and took a nice 4 hr nap. He made it to California by 5am (7am my time). So he should make it to his mom's house by 8am. So he's almost there! Once there, he'll unload the truck, take a shower and go with his mom to see his brother at 11am. His aunt also made it out there (she flew out of Corpus Christi on Wednesday). 

Hope y'all have a great day!
I'm sorry to hear that Barb and Twinkie had a rough night. :(  Good luck for your quiet work day.  I never sleep well when DH is gone.  Sounds like everything is going smoothly for your DH.  Enjoy your lunch!
 
1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, June 12th
VickiR wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 12, 2026 10:08 am
It's another hot one today!  I'm getting ready to head out to the grocery store while DH gets his mowing done before it's blistering hot again.  I will wait until all hand trimming is done and he's on the mower.  I want to make sure he stays hydrated in this heat.  DGD got out of school at 10 because the air is not working.  Lucky for her because her brother has a full day!  LOL!  Finals will have to wait until next week!  Have a good Friday and weekend Cherries!

We got the lovely cold front that came through last night. Humidity is much less and the high is only supposed to hit 80.  I'll take it!  Enjoy your weekend!
1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, June 12th
Feeling the relief of a cool front this morning.  DH got the entire tree (100's of pieces) moved to the wood pile, and raked up all the sawdust yesterday after he got home from working outside all day.  I'm hoping he didn't overdo it, but he seemed fine this morning.

I planned to go to the greenhouse for some plants, finally, but forgot I had a wine order coming, and I have to be here to sign for it. It says between 11 and 3 pm....really hope it is by noon, so I can still go and get my plants!  Sigh..
2 users liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, June 12th
blbabe1234 wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 12, 2026 9:48 am
Good morning cherries and TGIF. Barb asked me to post for her. They had another rough night with Twinkie.

I'm hoping today is finally a quiet work day. I've had exhausting work days, each day this week, leaving me brain-dead by the end of the night. Didn't sleep too well last night, so when my alarm went off, I shut it off and slept for another hour. Got all the pups fed, and swept/mopped floors. About to jump in the shower and head out to HEB for groceries. I also have a DAR lunch to go to at Outback.

As for DH, he continues to make great timing on this trip. Usually it takes about 12 hrs from Corpus Christi to El Paso, then another 12 hrs from El Paso to his mom's in Southern California. But he managed to make it to El Paso in 9 1/2 hours! And drove thru New Mexico and made it to the Arizona border by 8:30pm my time. He said he hasn't had to deal with any traffic, so that's cool. He made it to Tuscon by 10:30pm, and grabbed something to eat for dinner. If he kept going, he would make it to his mom's house at 4am PST, which would have been TOO EARLY. So he chose to pull over at rest stop, and took a nice 4 hr nap. He made it to California by 5am (7am my time). So he should make it to his mom's house by 8am. So he's almost there! Once there, he'll unload the truck, take a shower and go with his mom to see his brother at 11am. His aunt also made it out there (she flew out of Corpus Christi on Wednesday). 

Hope y'all have a great day!

So sorry to hear that Twinkie had a rough night. Hope you have an easier day today and glad your hubby is having safe travels. 
1 user liked this post:
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, June 12th
VickiR wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 12, 2026 10:08 am
It's another hot one today!  I'm getting ready to head out to the grocery store while DH gets his mowing done before it's blistering hot again.  I will wait until all hand trimming is done and he's on the mower.  I want to make sure he stays hydrated in this heat.  DGD got out of school at 10 because the air is not working.  Lucky for her because her brother has a full day!  LOL!  Finals will have to wait until next week!  Have a good Friday and weekend Cherries!

Oh wow, yea school with no air is not good.  Stay cool and safe in that heat.  
1 user liked this post:
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, June 12th
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 12, 2026 10:15 am
Feeling the relief of a cool front this morning.  DH got the entire tree (100's of pieces) moved to the wood pile, and raked up all the sawdust yesterday after he got home from working outside all day.  I'm hoping he didn't overdo it, but he seemed fine this morning.

I planned to go to the greenhouse for some plants, finally, but forgot I had a wine order coming, and I have to be here to sign for it. It says between 11 and 3 pm....really hope it is by noon, so I can still go and get my plants!  Sigh..
Enjoy your cooler weather and wine delivery, yes I would definitely put plans on hold for that delivery. 
 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, June 12th
Good morning Cherries. Had bad nightmares but did manage to sleep.  Have my second PT appointment this afternoon and he already told me that we are ramping it up today.  Did my home PT already this morning and am now working on first week of school stuff.  Tonight we will be ordering pizza and watching Dutton Ranch so looking forward to that. Hope to start some couch scrapping next week. Have a great day everyone. Sending good thoughts Barb's way. 
3 users liked this post:
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

Flasher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, June 12th
So sorry to hear about Twinkie.  Hugs to Barb.   😢

I was up and out and at Meijer at 6:00 when they opened.  Home by 7:00, everything put away.  Grocery shopping done!

I've got to get out and pick up around the yard.  We had some rough storms come through here on Wednesday night.  NWS confirmed to micro bursts in my town -- both were 85 MPH.  Just one street over in either direction there was power loss for 12-14 hours because there are so many trees down.  But, my street was spared.  We just have a lot of limbs and mess.  So, time to tidy up out there.

Other than that, I've got nothing going on here!

Have a great day ALL!
3 users liked this post:
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Image

 
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, June 12th
aheatfan wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 12, 2026 10:52 am
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 12, 2026 10:15 am
Feeling the relief of a cool front this morning.  DH got the entire tree (100's of pieces) moved to the wood pile, and raked up all the sawdust yesterday after he got home from working outside all day.  I'm hoping he didn't overdo it, but he seemed fine this morning.

I planned to go to the greenhouse for some plants, finally, but forgot I had a wine order coming, and I have to be here to sign for it. It says between 11 and 3 pm....really hope it is by noon, so I can still go and get my plants!  Sigh..
Enjoy your cooler weather and wine delivery, yes I would definitely put plans on hold for that delivery. 
  
Right?  LOL  I belong to a wine club (Naked Wines), and it is a pain when they use FedEx, because they only deliver here in the middle of the day.  So, I can't even order when I am working.  smh  If they would just use UPS, the deliveries would take place after 4 pm.  But, they don't want to accept that people who can afford their deliveries might actually have a job!
1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, June 12th
aheatfan wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 12, 2026 10:55 am
Good morning Cherries. Had bad nightmares but did manage to sleep.  Have my second PT appointment this afternoon and he already told me that we are ramping it up today.  Did my home PT already this morning and am now working on first week of school stuff.  Tonight we will be ordering pizza and watching Dutton Ranch so looking forward to that. Hope to start some couch scrapping next week. Have a great day everyone. Sending good thoughts Barb's way. 
I always have nightmares when I think about school starting...maybe that is why. ;)  Tonight is pizza night here, too.  Loving Dutton Ranch!
 
2 users liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, June 12th
Laura wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 12, 2026 11:00 am
So sorry to hear about Twinkie.  Hugs to Barb.   😢

I was up and out and at Meijer at 6:00 when they opened.  Home by 7:00, everything put away.  Grocery shopping done!

I've got to get out and pick up around the yard.  We had some rough storms come through here on Wednesday night.  NWS confirmed to micro bursts in my town -- both were 85 MPH.  Just one street over in either direction there was power loss for 12-14 hours because there are so many trees down.  But, my street was spared.  We just have a lot of limbs and mess.  So, time to tidy up out there.

Other than that, I've got nothing going on here!

Have a great day ALL!
Yikes on the micro bursts!  Glad your power stayed on, but sorry you have a mess to clean up.  
 
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, June 12th
I finished this layout last night for Kristin's Picture Yourself challenge. :)

Image
2 users liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Flasher

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, June 12th
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 12, 2026 11:19 am
Laura wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 12, 2026 11:00 am
So sorry to hear about Twinkie.  Hugs to Barb.   😢

I was up and out and at Meijer at 6:00 when they opened.  Home by 7:00, everything put away.  Grocery shopping done!

I've got to get out and pick up around the yard.  We had some rough storms come through here on Wednesday night.  NWS confirmed two micro bursts in my town -- both were 85 MPH.  Just one street over in either direction there was power loss for 12-14 hours because there are so many trees down.  But, my street was spared.  We just have a lot of limbs and mess.  So, time to tidy up out there.

Other than that, I've got nothing going on here!

Have a great day ALL!
Yikes on the micro bursts!  Glad your power stayed on, but sorry you have a mess to clean up.  
  

 
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Image

 
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, June 12th
Laura wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 12, 2026 11:00 am
So sorry to hear about Twinkie.  Hugs to Barb.   😢

I was up and out and at Meijer at 6:00 when they opened.  Home by 7:00, everything put away.  Grocery shopping done!

I've got to get out and pick up around the yard.  We had some rough storms come through here on Wednesday night.  NWS confirmed to micro bursts in my town -- both were 85 MPH.  Just one street over in either direction there was power loss for 12-14 hours because there are so many trees down.  But, my street was spared.  We just have a lot of limbs and mess.  So, time to tidy up out there.

Other than that, I've got nothing going on here!

Have a great day ALL!
Glad you are safe, good luck with the clean up. 
 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: Scrap a Day, June 12th
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 12, 2026 11:20 am
I finished this layout last night for Kristin's Picture Yourself challenge. :)

Image
Love this and that you still live in that house. 
 
1 user liked this post:
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, June 12th
VickiR wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 12, 2026 10:05 am
blbabe1234 wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 12, 2026 9:48 am
Good morning cherries and TGIF. Barb asked me to post for her. They had another rough night with Twinkie.

I'm hoping today is finally a quiet work day. I've had exhausting work days, each day this week, leaving me brain-dead by the end of the night. Didn't sleep too well last night, so when my alarm went off, I shut it off and slept for another hour. Got all the pups fed, and swept/mopped floors. About to jump in the shower and head out to HEB for groceries. I also have a DAR lunch to go to at Outback.

As for DH, he continues to make great timing on this trip. Usually it takes about 12 hrs from Corpus Christi to El Paso, then another 12 hrs from El Paso to his mom's in Southern California. But he managed to make it to El Paso in 9 1/2 hours! And drove thru New Mexico and made it to the Arizona border by 8:30pm my time. He said he hasn't had to deal with any traffic, so that's cool. He made it to Tuscon by 10:30pm, and grabbed something to eat for dinner. If he kept going, he would make it to his mom's house at 4am PST, which would have been TOO EARLY. So he chose to pull over at rest stop, and took a nice 4 hr nap. He made it to California by 5am (7am my time). So he should make it to his mom's house by 8am. So he's almost there! Once there, he'll unload the truck, take a shower and go with his mom to see his brother at 11am. His aunt also made it out there (she flew out of Corpus Christi on Wednesday). 

Hope y'all have a great day!
Sorry to hear that Barb and Twinkie had a rough night.  Sending good thoughts to her.

Sorry you had a rough night too!  Hope everything gets better as the day goes on and you have a nice luncheon.  Good to hear DH is making great progress on his trip.  Have a good day!
  
Thank you Vicki. Luckily work-wise, it's been quiet and it's now 2:30pm. My client closes her doors on Fridays between 2 and 3pm, so I think I'm safe. LOL. Lunch was good - had the quesadillas and a side salad. DH and I were gifted a $20 Outback gc a few months ago, so the gc took care of my lunch + tax + part of the tip, and then I just gave the girl a couple of more 1's. I even have dinner tonight (I only ate half of the quesidillas).
 
2 users liked this post:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Scrap a Day, June 12th
aheatfan wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 12, 2026 10:55 am
Good morning Cherries. Had bad nightmares but did manage to sleep.  Have my second PT appointment this afternoon and he already told me that we are ramping it up today.  Did my home PT already this morning and am now working on first week of school stuff.  Tonight we will be ordering pizza and watching Dutton Ranch so looking forward to that. Hope to start some couch scrapping next week. Have a great day everyone. Sending good thoughts Barb's way. 
Glad you're doing well with PT Kristin!  You have such a great attitude and that's a good part of the recovery.  I found when I had surgery that the pain meds gave me nightmares.  Hope it doesn't happen again for you.
 
1 user liked this post:
    ImageImage
Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee