Crazy weather

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Gail R
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 76

Crazy weather

Post by Gail R » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:55 pm

MSN weather report says its 58, and my outside thermometer is reading 57 degrees.  I'm certainly not complaining. 
Gail

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2772

Re: Crazy weather

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:43 pm

LOL! Yeah, enjoy it for sure!

Talk about crazy weather....not sure if you heard, but Corpus Christi, Texas got 3 inches of snow last Friday morning, with some parts of the city getting up 7 inches. It snows here every 2-4 decades.

P.S. If you don't know where Corpus Christi is, just think about this. We are only 165 miles away from the Texas/Mexico border, straight shot. That's how far south we are!Image
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 961

Post by emmapaige » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:20 pm

The weather has been kind of crazy for sure! 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImageImage

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 333

Post by sdwhru » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:24 pm

I agree!  Was in the 70's last week next day 30's.  30s is the norm for this time of year around here.  
ImageImage

killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 356

Post by killarney_rose » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:47 pm

That is crazy!!!  I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Our temperature was almost 79.  That isn't all that strange but lack of moisture this time of year is strange.  We rely heavily on fall and winter rains to replenish our stock tanks (ponds) for the cattle.  First time I have seen a burn ban this time of year.  Crazy ti think fireworks may not be allowed on New Years Eve.

Scrap Bug
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 231

Post by Scrap Bug » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm

Gail R wrote:MSN weather report says its 58, and my outside thermometer is reading 57 degrees.  I'm certainly not complaining. 
Is that cold or warm for you?  I'm guessing warm.  For us anything below 70 in the winter is cold.  50's almost never happens.  With that said, hell froze over and we got snow last Friday.  2004 was the last time that happened, and once before I think in the 50's.  I live in S. TX on the border of Mexico.
Melissa

keatonsgtgram
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 621

Post by keatonsgtgram » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:54 am

We were -7° yesterday and got around 7" of snow last night. Not confirmed yet. All Detroit schools are closed as is ours as well along with our regular bus systems. So cold! I need to actually dig a path into the backyard so the dogs can get out there to do their business. Keep warm, everyone

CarrieG
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 937

Post by CarrieG » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:15 am

killarney_rose wrote:That is crazy!!!  I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Our temperature was almost 79.  That isn't all that strange but lack of moisture this time of year is strange.  We rely heavily on fall and winter rains to replenish our stock tanks (ponds) for the cattle.  First time I have seen a burn ban this time of year.  Crazy ti think fireworks may not be allowed on New Years Eve.

I saw you have hot spots and smoke plumes on radar by you :(  we are under burn ban up here also and haven't had rain in awhile.....we have been warmer than usual...not a snow flake or ice storm yet to be seen...and its only frosted like twice....

traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 217

Post by traveler » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:55 am

We woke up to snow this morning. Not a lot and schools are open, but did make for a challenging morning with brushing off the car in time for school. It's a little early for our second snow, but not that unusual for here. 
Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

57Diana
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 358

Post by 57Diana » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:00 am

Got 9 inches of snow here over night!!!  Lots of schools closed!!! 
An expert at anything was once a beginner!

beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Layouts: 1067

Post by beachlover » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:21 am

I am not liking it for sure!!  Yesterday I had a vacation day and dr apt in the morning, then planned on shopping.  When I let Lily out t 5am the wind almost blew the screen door off and it was 5 degrees!!  So I cancelled dr an shopping
Harley decided to come into heat again.  So I spent the morning in the scrap room with my little heater running. Shortly after noon I wound up in bed with a flu bug and tossing my cookies!!  Sometime during the night we got another inch of
snow but today its supposed to hit 38 and I believe 49 this weekend!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

MTCanuk
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 627

Post by MTCanuk » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:34 am

It's wonky here in Montana, too.  After getting 12inches of snow after Halloween we have had nothing!!! Nada!!!!
the temps have been unususlly warm too!!! But they promise changes are coming on the weekend!  I am not holding my breath!

Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 536

Post by sherelm » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:15 pm

We had snow on Sunday, and then again last night.  Last night's snow was actually pretty, it was really crystal- ly  like sugar, and it was shiny as it was falling, too, in the street lights.  It would have been a perfect pre-Christmas moment except for Dolly barking like crazy who didn't get what that stuff was falling down!

Julie M.
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 61

Post by Julie M. » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:11 pm

We have been in the 50's and 60's a lot. I don't like it at all. I want snow!!!! We are having such weird weather and it is so dry

Return to “General Talk”